Have a Wonderful
in the Beautiful Upper Peninsula of
Vacation rentals with fireplaces
Bed and Breakfasts,
Inns and Historic Hotels
Ahmeek. MI (15
miles north of Hancock in the Keweenaw Peninsula)
- Sunset Bay RV
Resort, Campground, and Cabins on the shores
of Lake Superior, 7 miles north of Ahmeek on Five Mile
Point Road or 7 miles south of Eagle River, MI in the
Keweenaw Peninsula. Three rental log cabins with one or
two bedrooms, fireplaces and full kitchens. 2701 Sunset
Bay Beach Road. Ahmeek, MI 49901. Phone: 906-337-2494 (summer):
AuTrain & Deerton (just
west of Munising and the Pictured Rocks National
- Au Train
Island View Lodge is located just east of
AuTrain on the shores of Lake Superior. It is a 3-bedroom ranch style vacation home with a loft, 3 & 1/2 bathrooms, two great areas with a kitchen, living and dining room, two fireplaces, satellite TV, wireless internet, and comfortable furnishings. N7869 Sunset Road, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone: 800-546-7188
- Au Train Lake B and B and Museum Cottage, N6915 Forest Lake Road AuTrain, Michigan 49806. The rustic cedar Museum Cottage is fully outfitted and ideal for one or two guests. Fireplace with gas log, WIFI, and a complete kitchen. Overlooking AuTrain Lake and Paulson Pond.
- Au Train River Cottages: Cozy one and two bedroom cottages by the Au Train River near Munising and the Pictured Rocks. Cottages have cable TV, a gas fireplace, wood interior, and are a few feet from the river where there is a sand bottomed area for swimming. Easy access to ATV and Snowmobile Trails. N7123 Au Train-Forest Lake Road, Au Ttrain, MI 49806. Phone: 906-364-8110
- AuTrain River
Lodge on the AuTrain River. Phone:
area has one bedroom, complete kitchen, and a wood-burning
fireplace with cable TV. Walk-out lower level has a
sleeping area with 1/2 bath.
Sleeping loft. Sleeps up to 10 guests. Heated garage with hot
tub. On snowmobile and ATV trails, E5449 Curtis Drive, AuTrain, MI. 49806
Paradise Resort, Cottages on AuTrain Lake,
AuTrain, Michigan 49806. (906) 892-8390. 1-2-3 bedroom
housekeeping cottages, all with views of the lake. Pets
permitted. Game room and store with bait shop. Some cottages have fireplaces.
Guest House,, N8851 Deerton Road, Deerton, MI
49822. Phone: 906-343-6617. Fully furnished two-bedroom
lodging by the Laughing Whitefish River. Living area with a gas fireplace. Complete
kitchen with a dishwasher. 10
miles west of AuTrain and 5 miles from Deer Lake for
boating and swimming. Easy snowmobile & ATV trail
access. Pet friendly.
Log Lodge on Lake
Phone: 906-202-1914. Log Vacation Home
has 4 bedrooms with 3 1/2 baths and a double size Jacuzzi
tub. Full kitchen. Wood stove and satellite
TV. Laundry room.
Decks overlook Lake Superior for outstanding views and
amazing sunsets. Heated garage. N7865 Sunset Road off
Highway M-28, AuTrain, MI 49806. Easy snowmobile and ORV
- Lake Superior Log Vacation Home on Lake Superior has three bedrooms, three full bathrooms, and a loft. Complete kitchen. Washer and dryer. Franklin style wood stove. Satellite TV. Large deck overlooks Lake Superior. Located on the east side of AuTrain Bay 8 miles west of Munising and the Pictured Rocks. Easy trail access. Lake Superior Log Home, N7875 Sunset Drive, Au Train, MI 49806. Phone: 360-870-1758
Exposure Log Cabin, E5397 Norlin Way, AuTain,
MI. Phone: 906-387-3682 or 586-419-7880. New log cabin
nestled in the woods with one bedroom and a large sleeping loft. Complete kitchen
with a wood-burning stove in the great room. Near AuTrain
Lake, the sand beach on Lake Superior, the Pictured
Rocks, Grand Island, and the Hiawatha National Forest. On
- Northern Nights
Resort on AuTrain Lake, AuTrain, Michigan
49806. (906) 892-8225. 1, 2, 3 & 4 bedroom
housekeeping cabins on AuTrain Lake. Fishing, canoeing,
swimming and other water sports. Gas log fireplace in
some cabins. Watch the new snow falling and the forest
putting on a new blanket of white. Snowmobiling, cross
country skiing, and ice fishing.
Resort , N7070 Forest Lake Rd, Au Train,
MI 49806. (906) 892-8114. Fully equipped rental
cabins on AuTrain Lake, some with fireplaces, open year
round. Canoe and boat rentals, private beach and dock,
childrens playground, pets permitted. On the snowmobile
River Cabin on the AuTrain River. Three
bedroom vacation home has 1 and 1/2 bathrooms
and will sleep up to 8 guests. The living room has
satellite TV and a wood-burning fireplace. Complete
kitchen. Deck overlooks the river and there is a dock by
the waterfront. Pets welcome. 5441
Curtis Drive, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone 231-587-6200 or
- The Tree House
Cottage Rental on the AuTrain River, N7119
Perry Road, AuTrain, MI. Phone toll free: 800-720-0410.
This newly remodeled three-bedroom rental cottage has a
complete kitchen, laundry, and a living area with a
custom built wood burning fireplace. Large deck overlooks
the AuTrain River and the sand bottomed beach is shallow
and perfect for children. Pets welcome. Seasonal
Baraga and L'Anse, MI (on Keweenaw Bay at the
entrance to the Keweenaw Peninsula)
Paw & Eagle View Vacation Cottages
on Lake Superior, 15 miles northeast of
L'Anse, MI on Pt. Abbaye. Each cottage has 3 bedrooms, 2
full bathrooms, a gas fireplace, satellite TV, and a
complete kitchen with a dishwaher and awasher &
dryer. 6 person hot tub and sauna. 150' of Lake Superior
beach and an awesome view. Easy trail access. A6790W
& A6785W Ravenswood, L'Anse, MI 49946. Phone:
Bay, MI (23 miles
north of Marquette. Cottages on Lake
House, Phone (906) 345-9914. Cedar cabin on
Lake Independence sleeps up to 8. Handicap accessible,
open year round. Full amenities including a gas
fireplace. Full wall of glass facing north is perfect for
watching the northern lights and lake activities. On the
snowmobile trail. Attached heated garage.
- Cottage on Lake
Independence is open year round.
This quaint remodeled lakeside cabin has 3 bedrooms and 2
full bathrooms. Sleeps up to 6 guests. Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, washer
and dryer, gas fireplace, boatdock,
and firepit for great evening gatherings. Adjacent to
snowmobile trails. Pets by prior arrangement only. Phone:
Place, Big Bay MI, Phone: 906-345-9914. Fully
equipped cabin on Lake Independence at Big Bay will sleep
6. Kitchen includes microwave and dishwasher. Gas log
fireplace in living room. Washer and dryer. Private boat
dock. 4 miles from Lake Superior.
- Mountain View
Lodge on the shores of Lake Independence has 4
bedrooms (2 bedrooms have a gas fireplace) with 2
bathrooms. Newly remodeled, the lodge has an open concept
living area with a wood-burning fireplace and a complete
kitchen with a dishwasher. Enclosed sun porch
for relaxing. Washer and dryer. Wonderful southern
exposure offers an awesome view. Sand bottomed beach is shallow
for the kids. Mountain View Lodge, W3737 KCB Road Big
Bay, MI 49808. Phone: 262-424-1793
Haven on Lake
in Big Bay, MI offers a variety of deluxe
accommodations on beautiful Squaw Beach. Accommodations
include the Fantasy Beach House that sleeps up to 14
guests, Bay View Cabin that sleeps up to 8 guests, and
Bay View Suite for 4 guests. Fantasy Beach House has a
gas fireplaces and Bay View Cabin has a wood-burning
fireplace. All accommodations have separate entrances
and an outstanding view of Lake
Superior. Phone: 262-424-1793.
- Blaney Park, MI (Highway M-77 between US-2 and M-28 at Seney, MI)
- Lazy Cedars Log Cabin on Camp 23 Road near the Seney National Wildlife Refuge. Located on 30 acres of private land, the log cabin has one bedroom with a loft and will sleep up to 8 guests. Wood-burning fireplace. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Enjoy cross-country ski trails at the Seney Refuge. Near the Manistique River for fishing, and canoeing. Phone 517-499-6605
MI (10 miles south
of Houghton and Hancock)
- Kemp's Four Season
Log Home Rental, P33A Upper Pike River Road,
Chassell, MI 49916. Phone 906-483-0334. The Country House
is located 11 miles south of Houghton in the Keweenaw
Peninsula. Beautiful smoke-free log home sleeps 9, air
conditioned, whirlpool, fireplace, snack bar, dining
room, great room, access to the snowmobile
MI (3 miles west of Munising by
49862. Phone 906-387-1633. This cozy two
bedroom cottage is located just south of M-28 in the
village of Christmas. Complete kitchen, gas fireplace,
cable TV, and air conditioning. Within 5 miles of the
Pictured Rocks and Grand Island and near Lake Superior
beaches. On the snowmobile trail. Pet
- New Listing: J and S Hideaway is located in Christmas, 3 miles west of Munising and the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. The 2-bedroom cottage has satellite TV, a Bose stereo system, Wi-Fi, an electric fireplace, and a washer & dryer. Outdoor furniture, picnic table, and gas grill. Easy trail access. N7690 Evergreen Drive, Christmas, MI Phone: 906-573-2197 or 906-202-0235
- North Point Cottage in Christmas, MI. Three-bedroom cottage on the shores of Lake Superior. Wood-burning fireplace, Satellite TV. Enjoy the wonderful view from the large deck furnished with lawn furniture and a picnic table. Only 3 miles from Munising and the Pictured Rocks, Grand Island, boat cruises, and numerous waterfalls. On the ATV/snowmobile trails. Pets welcome. 8770 Reindeer Run, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-1617
- Sunrise Bay Vacation Estate is located on 10 acres of land on the shores of Lake Superior near Munising and the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. The Estate has four individual dwellings: a main lodge, two guest cottages, and a carriage house that has two lodging options. Sunrise Bay will accommodate up to 30 guests. . . perfect for your family reunion, wedding, corporate meeting, or large group gathering. All are comfortably furnished, have modern kitchens, and four have a fireplace. Sunrise Bay Estate is rented weekly as one property. Sunrise Bay Estate, N8284 Reindeer Run, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: 949-291-5106
(at the tip of the
Lodge-Lakeside Cabins, M-26, Lakeshore Drive,
Eagle Harbor MI, 49950 (906-289-4294) On Highway M-26
between Copper Harbor (3 miles) and Eagle Harbor (10
miles). 9 Cabins on the shores of Lake Superior, one, two
and three bedrooms, one log cabin with fireplace.
Satellite TV. All cabins have a view of
MI & Gould City
(60 miles west of
the Mackinac Bridge) The Manistique Lakes
Manistique Lake Cottage, 19113 Diller Road,
Curtis, MI 49820. Phone 989-652-2357. This chalet sleeps
up to 8 with a master bedroom on the first floor and an
upper loft sleeping area which will sleep 6. Open
concept, woodburning fireplace, washer and dryer, wrap
around deck, bonfire pit, boat, swimming beach, on the
- New Listing: Curtis Tree House is a three-bedroom cabin nestled in the woods near downtown Curtis. Comfortably furnished with Satellite TV and a gas fireplace. Complete kitchen. Deck with outdoor furniture and a patio with a fire pit. Near Big Manistique Lake for fishing, boating, and swimming. Pets considered. N9368 Boniquay Lane, Curtis, MI. Phone: 269-986-6436
- Green Gables
Resort on Milakokia Lake, N6129 Milakokia Lake
Road, Gould City, MI 49838. Phone: (906) 477-6207. One
and three bedroom housekeeping cottages on Milakokia
Lake, only 60 minutes west of the Bridge. Full kitchens.
Satellite TV. One three bedroom cottage has a
wood-burning fireplace. All cabins are lake front with a
screened porch overlooking the lake. Sandy swimming area,
grass yard, a 100 foot dock, and a fish cleaning
- New Listing: Long Point Lodge on South Manistique Lake is a 6 bedroom rental cottage with 2 bathrooms. Complete kitchen with a dishwasher. Washer and dryer. Wood-burning fireplace in the recreation room and a gas fireplace in the living room. Cable TV. On the trails. Pets with prior approval. 18154 Long Point Road, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone: (906) 341-2884
Resort Relax in luxury on famous Big Manistique Lake in Curtis, Michigan for
year-round vacation fun! Chalets & Ranch Style
Cabins, all with fireplaces. Great fishing and water
sports. Snowmobiling, cross country skiing, and ice
fishing. Phone: 1-(906) 586-3285 or 1-(800)-587-3285 (Reservations
- Sunset Bay
Cottage, 8604 Manistique Lakes Road (Highway 33),Curtis, MI 49820. Phone: 419-264-5364. A three-bedroom lakeside cottage with pontoon boat, located on South Manistique Lake. Private beach, dock, paddle boat, gas grill, lawn furniture, fire pit. Gas log fireplace, Satellite TV/DVD. Fully equipped kitchen includes microwave. Washer and dryer.
- Sunset Pines Resort on South Manistique Lake offers 10 comfortable 1-4 bedroom log cabins in a secluded and quiet woodland lakeside setting. Each cabin has a fully equipped kitchen, satellite TV, wood-burning fireplace, and wonderful view of sunsets over the lake. Long dock and sand bottomed beach for water fun. Great fishing! Sunset Pines Resort, P.O. Box 55, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone: 906-586-6601
- Drummond Island, MI
- Fort Drummond Marine and Resort on Whitney Bay, Drummond Island, MI offers a 3-bedroom vacation home with wood burning fireplace on a private island in Whitney Bay. Pontoon Boat included for travel to and from shore. Pontoon, kayak, boat, and motor rentals. Only 1 hour from the Mackinac Bridge. Fort Drummond Marine and Resort on Whitney Bay, 36183 S. Whitney Bay Road, Drummond Island, MI 49726. Phone: 906-493-5359 or 906-493-5471
Marais, MI (On
Lake Superior at the eastern entrance to the Pictured
- A Cabin on
Nevins Lake, 17003 Nevins Lake Road between
Munising and Grand Marais, MI. Phone: 419-466-9164.
Located on Nevins Lake near the Pictured Rocks and the
Kingston Plains. The cabin is situated above the heated
garage and has one large bedroom with 4 beds, a living
room with Satellite TV, sofa
sleeper, and a wood-burning fireplace. Full kitchen with
washer and dryer. 14' aluminum rowboat. On the snowmobile
and ATV trails.
- The Cottage in
Grand Marais, 3 bedroom, 1-1/2 bath Chalet
rental. Sleeps 6 comfortably. Fully equipped. Walk to the
beach or into town. Snowmobile from your door. Open year
round. Gas fireplace. Snowmobile rental nearby. For
reservations, call 906-287-0935.
Cove Cottage: Attractive house with loft,
located on pristine, 12 acre private lake. Fish from dock
or boat. House is fully equipped, fireplace in
great room, paddleboat, large wood deck, porch swing, and
springfed lake included for a truly memorable experience.
South of Grand Marais. For information and
reservations, Phone (734) 259-0640 or (248) 596-9625
Greenland, MI (12
- Big Buck
Cabin and 38 Lodge, Highway M-38, Greenland, MI 49929,
Phone:906-250-4903. Big Buck Cabin has one
bedroom, a sleeping loft with 2 twin beds, and a sofa
sleeper in living area. 38 Lodge offers 3 bedrooms. Each rental has a complete kitchen, gas fireplace,
and easy access to snowmobile, atv, and mountain bike
trails. 13 miles south of Ontonagon near the Ottawa
National Forest and only a short distance from the
Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park.
- Gulliver, MI (11 miles east of
Manistique on US-2)
of the Lake Cottage by Lake Michigan, P.O.Box
55, Gulliver, MI 49840. Phone: 906-283-3361. Modern two
bedroom cottage with open concept living room and dining
area. Wood burning stove. Complete kitchen and laundry.
Private path to the sandy Lake Michigan beach with
firepit for campfires under the stars. Located 11 miles
east of Manistique.
Hiawatha National Forest (just
south of Munising, MI and the Pictured
Lake Lodge on 16 Mile Lake, Munising, MI 49862. Phone (574) 370-9872. A 3
bedroom modern cabin on the north shore of 16 Mile Lake.
Second largest lake in the Hiawatha National Forest. Full
amenities including free standing wood burning fireplace,
microwave and washer/dryer. Sleeps up to 10. Boat and
rental motor. On the trails. Pets accepted.
- After Harvest Hideaway: Kro's Nest Rental Cabin is nestled in the woods of the Hiawatha National Forest near 16 Mile Lake, southwest of Munising. Cabins has 2 bedrooms and sleeps 6-8 guests. Gas fireplace in the living area. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Pets welcome. E6828 Crossover Rd, Munising, MI 49862. Phone: 419-345-2258
- A Powell Shores
Lodge Vacation Home on the shores of Powell
Lake, 6 miles from Munising. Completely furnished modern
3 bedroom home on a 100 acre lake in the Hiawatha
National Forest. Living room has a gas fireplace and
satellite TV. Wi-Fi. Complete kitchen. Large deck. Sand bottomed
beach for swimming with dock for fishing. Boat and canoe.
Snowmobile trail across the road. Pets welcome. N4132
Powell Lake Road, Munising, MI 49862. Phone:
Resort, N3990 Buckhorn Drive, Munising, MI
49862. Phone 906-387-3559. In the Hiawatha National
Forest offering 2 fully equipped spacious lodges that
sleep from 6 to 22. Some with fireplaces. Motel with 20
rooms equipped with microwaves, refrigerators and coffee
makers. On the snowmobile trails. Restaurant and Lounge.
9 miles east of
Munising on Highway H-58. Phone: (312) 391-2871 or (425) 658-3674. Near the
Pictured Rocks. Newly updated 4 bedroom log cabin plus sleeping
loft. Will sleep up to 16. Large living room withgas fireplace, Cable TV, and Wi-Fi. Modern kitchen with dishwasher. Wrap
around deck with gasl grill. Washer and Dryer. Easy access
to the snowmobile & ATV trails.
Glass Cottage on Mirror Lake
is located in the
Hiawatha National Forest 15 miles south of Munising. The
cottage has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, complete kitchen,
and utility room with a washer & dryer. Family room
has a gas fireplace. Mirror Lake is great for swimming,
kayaking, and fishing and is stocked with trout. Large raft with
water slide on the dock for water fun. On the ATV trails.
Seasonal. N3186 (Mirror Lake) Olson
Road, AuTrain, MI. 49806. Phone:
N6360 Perch Lake Road, Munising, MI 49862. Phone:
906-387-5259. 5 miles southwest of Munising. Two bedroom
cabin with one bathroom in a wooded area with access to
Perch Lake. Full kitchen, laundry, dish TV, VCR, and wood
stove to keep you cozy. Handicap accessible. Private
beach on Perch Lake with dock and sandy shallow beach for
the children. Good fishing. On the snowmobile trail with
ATV trails and cross country ski trails nearby. Pets with
Comfortable vacation lodge on the
shores of Otter Lake in the Hiawatha National Forest.
Black Bear Lodge has
a wood burning fireplace and six bedrooms, perfect for
your family or large group. There is acomplete kitchen and Satellite TV. Small sand bottomed beach
for wading. Located on Buckhorn Road just a
few miles south of Munising, Lake Superior, and the
Pictured Rocks. Easy access to snowmobile
and ATV trails. Pets Welcome. Otter Lake Lodge, E 7609
Otter Lake Road, Munising, MI 49862. Phone: (906)
- Our Place Up North on Powell Lake in the Hiawatha National Forest is a 3-bedroom vacation home near Munising. The living area has a wood-burning fireplace, Satellite TV, and Wi-Fi. The house has 2 bathrooms and is air conditioned. Nice shallow sand bottomed beach is fun for the whole family. Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access. Only a short distance to the Pictured Rocks, waterfalls, and many attractions. Small pets welcome. Phone: 614-875-4987.
N4304 Powell Lake Road.
Phone: 906-387-2112. Cozy 2 bedroom cabin on the shores
of Powell Lake in the Hiawatha National Forest. Complete
kitchen, wood stove, sandy beach for swimming, and good
fishing in Powell Lake or other nearby lakes. Near
Munising, the Pictured Rocks, Grand Island, and Lake
Superior cruises. A peaceful setting for enjoying the
Northwoods without the blare of a TV or phone. Pets with
prior approval. Seasonal.
Ridge Motel and
Buckhorn Road, Munising, Michigan 49862, Phone (906)
387-3790. All motel units are full housekeeping suites
with individual decks overlooking Hovey Lake. The lodge
has 4 bedrooms and is located on the shore of Hovey Lake.
In the heart of the Hiawatha National Forest.
10 miles southwest of Munising.
& Dollar Bay
(at the entrance to
Shore Log Cabin on Portage
Lake is located 9
miles west of Houghton on the west end of Portage Lake.
Two bedrooms with a sleeper sofa in the living area, a
wood-burning stone fireplace, and a complete kitchen.
Enclosed screened porch and wrap around deck. Sauna
building with bunks. Sandy swimming area with
dock. Great fishing and only 5 minutes by boat to Lake
Superior. Pets Welcome. Seasonal.
17779 Bay Shore Road, Houghton, MI 49931 Phone:
- Cozy Cabin on the
Portage Canal is a 3-bedroom log cabin with a
sleeping loft. Open concept living area with gas
fireplace and a complete kitchen with a dishwasher.
Laundry room. Located 7 miles east of Hancock, the cabin
is convenient to events at Michigan Tech and Finlandia
University as well as shopping, sightseeing, and enjoying
the history of the Copper Country. Easy trail access to
snowmobile and ATV trails. Nice shoreline on Portage Lake
with a dock for sunning or relaxing. Bring your boat for
fishing or water fun. Cozy Cabin, Dollar Bay, MI 49922. Phone:
Hulbert Lake (on Highway M-28 in
the Eastern Upper Peninsula)
- Sno Shu
Inn, Six cozy
housekeeping cabins with wood stoves, an apartment, and an Inn for groups from 2 to 20. Located in the center of the Eastern Upper Peninsula with hiking, ATV, and
snowmobile trails on the National Forest land across the
road. 10770 South Hulbert Road, Hulbert,
MI 49748. 906-876-2324.
Channing, MI (Dickinson County) and Spread
Resort Country Log Cabins N4128 North U.S. 2,
Iron Mountain, Michigan 49801.Phone (906) 774-6244. Nine fully equipped housekeeping log cabins
on the Menominee River 3 miles west of Iron Mountain,
Michigan. Some cabins have a fireplace. Color cable TV,
outside barbecue, and your own boat and dock slip. Relax
and watch the deer coming down to the waters edge to
and Negaunee, MI
(15 miles west of
117 Parkwood Lane, Negaunee Township, MI. Phone:
708/445-0535. LAKE FRONT PROPERTY. About 10 miles west of Marquette and 3.5 miles north of US-41.
2 bedroom cottage with loft overlooking a
private island in McClure Basin, part of the Dead River
System. Fully equipped kitchen. Living room and dining
area have panoramic views of the lake. Lower level family room with gas-log stove. Sleeps 8.
Easy trail access.
Lake Gogebic, Marinesco (in the Western Upper Peninsula) Manistique, MI (on the shores of Lake Michigan)
- Bear's Nine Pines Resort on Lake Gogebic in the western Upper Peninsula offers 9 comfortable cabins with one, two, or three bedrooms. Satellite TV and wireless internet access. Some cabins have a gas fireplace & hot tub. Nice swimming beach. Boat rentals. Lake Gogebic is ideal for water sports, boating, and year round fishing. Guided fishing and bear hunting trips. Bait & Tackle Shop with licenses and permits. On the snowmobile and ATV trails. Pets Welcome. Bear's Nine Pines Resort, N9426 State Hwy M-64, Marenisco, MI 49947 Phone: 906-842-3361
- Manistique, MI (on the shores of Lake Michigan)
- New Listing: Whispering Pines Resort offers 5 rental cabins on the shores of Thunder Lake surrounded by the Hiawatha National Forest. Cabins have 2 bedrooms with a wood-burning fireplace in one cabin. Wi-Fi. Satellite TV. Direct trail access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Great spot for year round outdoor fun or just relaxing and enjoying the beautiful setting on Thunder Lake. Nightly or weekly rentals. Pet Friendly 11639W Ramsdam Road, Manistique, Mi 49854. Phone: 906-573-2480
MI (on Lake
- Cedar Creek Cabin is nestled on 4 acres of wooded land, just 5 miles south of Marquette, MI on the shores of Cedar Creek. Living area has Cable TV and a wood-burning fireplace. Complete kitchen. The cabin has two bedrooms, one bath, and will sleep up to 6 guests. Relax on the deck and enjoy this peaceful setting while visiting Marquette or taking part in the wonderful recreation the area offers. Easy access to snowmobile and ATV trails and near Marquette Mountain for skiing and snowboarding. Pets Welcome. 647 Cherry Creek Road, Marquette, MI 49855 Phone: (906) 249-9590 or (906) 250-6770.
entrance to the Pictured Rocks) Also see listings under the
Hiawatha National Forest, Christmas, or AuTrain,
Nahma, MI (on Lake Michigan)
New Listing: Upper Peninsula Golf and Lake Resort is located on the shores of Lake Michigan 25 miles west of Manistique. The Resort offers a 50 unit campground and 6 modern 2-bedroom cabins, all with water frontage. Pets Welcome. 9-Hole Eagles Nest Golf Course. Great fishing, boating and swimming. Equipment rentals of boats, canoes, and bicycles for the public. 13723 Main Street. Nahma, MI 49864. Phone: 906-644-2728
M-28 in the eastern Upper Peninsula)
north of Newberry in Deer Park. Spectacular views of Lake
Superior from this very unique cottage on Lake Superior.
Based on the design of a Classic Train Caboose, it has
all the luxuries of home including a 2 person jacuzzi.
Located 1/2 hour north of Newberry on County Rd. 407
(H-37). Open year round.
- Halfway Lake
Cottages, 16878 County Rd 505, Newberry, MI
49868. (906) 869-0098. Halfway between Newberry and Lake
Superior. Modern housekeeping cabins in a 200 acre
hardwood forest on a private lake. Some with fireplaces. Satellite TV. Wi-Fi.
Great fishing. ATV and snowmobile rentals.
- Superior Agate Haven Vacation Home is located on 180' of Lake Superior beachfront, 29 miles north of Newberry, MI. The vacation rental has 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms. Comfortable furnishings with a wood-burning fireplace. Modern kitchen with dishwasher. Washer and Dryer. Near Muskallonge Lake for swimming and fishing. Wi-Fi. 30966 Muskallonge Trail, Newberry, MI 49868. Phone: (906) 658-3324 or (805) 990-5469
Upper Peninsula) Near the Porcupine Mountains. Also see
Greenland, Mass City, and Silver City)
- Bob’s Bungalow at the Beach in Ontonagon, MI. This 3-bedroom vacation home is located just a few feet from the beautiful sandy Lake Superior Beach. Enjoy stunning sunsets, swimming, and evening bonfires on the sandy beach. Comfortable furnishings, cable TV, and an electric fireplace. Walking distance to downtown Ontonagon. Easy access to snowmobile and ATV trails. Pets welcome. Bob’s Bungalow @the Beach, 715 Amygdaloid Street, Ontonagon, MI. Phone: 817-266-4759.
Cottages, 22608 Lakeshore Road,Ontonagon, Ml
49953. 906-884-4230. On the Lake Superior shoreline, 15
miles from Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park, 1,
2, & 3 bedroom cottages with full kitchens, cable TV,
wireless internet access, and wood burning fireplaces in
most cottages. Handicap accessible cottage. Cedar Lodge
vacation home with fireplace for large groups. Year round
(on Whitefish Bay,
Paradise, MI, 49768. Phone 906-492-3434. Four fully
equipped modern housekeeping cottages on the shore of
Lake Superior's Whitefish Bay. Kitchens include toasters,
coffeemakers and microwaves. Towels and linens included.
Cottages sleep 4, have color TV, VCR, large video library
at the office. One 2-bedroom cottage has a fireplace.
Playgrounds, picnic tables, grills, lawn furniture,
campfire pit. 280' of sandy beach. Paddleboats. Open year
Birchwood Lodges, 8442 N. Whitefish Point
Road, Paradise, MI 49768. Phone 906-492-3320. Modern Log
Cabins on Lake Superior. Full housekeeping cabins, some
with fireplaces. On the ATV trail. Sandy beach, TV's,
and Wi-Fi. satellite. 70 miles north of the Mackinac Bridge.
MI (north Central Upper Peninsula)
Lake Lodge on
Lost Lake offers comfortable accommodations for up to 20
guests, with individual beds. The Great Room is furnished
a wood burning fireplace and ample room for dining and
relaxing for your entire group. Wireless internet access.
Complete kitchen with dishwasher. Catering or a personal
cook can be arranged. Laundry. 200 acres of private land
with hiking, mountain biking, and groomed cross-country
ski trails for our guests. The perfect location for
Family Reunions, Corporate Teambuilding, Retreats, or to
simply get away and enjoy the beauty of nature. Lost Lake
Lodge is located in the north central U.P. at 1067
Blackbird Lane Republic, MI 49879. Phone: 906-376-2674.
Well behaved dogs welcome.
- Pine Crest
Resort,12199 Pine Crest Lane, Republic,
Michigan, 49879. Phone: 906-376-8237 or Cell:
906-371-0090. Remote lakeside cottages on the Michigamme
River and Juncob Lake. Outstanding northern style
accommodations for all. Located in a beautiful 150 year
old white pine plantation, the two cottages and three log
cabins sleep up to 20. Exceptional ammenities.
Outstanding fishing, hiking, biking and hunting.
Snowmobiling, cross country skiing, ski-joring, and ice
MI (near the Seney Wildlife Refuge)
- Seney Wilderness Lodge is a 3-bedroom vacation home located on the Manistique River by the south entrance to the Seney National Wildlife Refuge in Germfask, Michigan. This outstanding log lodge is situated on 6 acres of land with 1,400 feet of waterfront on the Manistique River. The lodge has a gas fireplace, central AC, modern kitchen with a dishwasher, and a washer and dryer. Relax on the deck overlooking the river. Rental includes a 16’ boat on South Manistique Lake. Seney Wilderness Lodge, 7854 M-77, Germfask, MI 49836. Phone: 906-586-6601
1464 Railroad Street, P.O. Box 54, Seney, MI 49883.
Phone: 906-499-3363. Three bedroom fully furnished home
with complete kitchen, VCR, and gas fireplace in living
room. Located 1/2 mile from the Fox River, a Michigan
Blue Ribbon Trout Stream, and only 5 miles from the Seney
National Wildlife Refuge. Direct access to snowmobile
City, MI (10 miles
west of Ontonagon at the entrance to the Porkies) On Lake
- A Beach Retreat
is located on the shores of Lake Superior,
12 miles west of Ontonagon and only 5 minutes from the
Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park. A Beach
Retreat offers 2 bedrooms, one bathroom, and a complete
kitchen. The living room has cable TV and a gas
fireplace. A screened porch overlooks the lake for
sitting and relaxing or you can enjoy sitting by the
private beach and watching exciting Lake Superior and the
fantastic sunsets over the water. Year round with easy
access to the ATV and snowmobile trails and all the
exciting outdoor recreation the Porkies has to offer. A
Beach Retreat, 32829 Hwy M-64, Silver City, MI 49953.
Cabin Up North, 30978 W. Highway M-64,
Silver City, MI 49953. Phone: 906-885-5430. Four seasons
vacation log home with 1000 feet of private beach on Lake
Superior. 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Wood burning fireplace.
Fully equipped kitchen. Satellite TV, Large back deck
overlooking the Lake with fire pit and grill. No smoking.
Sorry, no pets.
Cottage Up North, 34464 Highway M-107, Silver
City, MI 49953. Phone: 906-885-5430. Three-bedroom
cottage on 5 acres on Lake Superior. Main level has a
bedroom with a wood burning fireplace, full bathroom,
large living room with wood-burning stove, dining room
and kitchen combo with access to a deck facing the lake.
Upper level has a large bedroom with deck and a den.
Lower level with a family room,
bedroom, and bathroom with doors opening to a patio.
Sleeps up to 10. Only 1 mile to the Porcupine Mountains
State Park and on the snowmobile trail so you can ride
from the door.
- Lake of the Clouds Resort offers four recently updated cabins located in a wooded setting 1 mile east of the Porcupine Mountains State Park. All cabins have a complete kitchen, satellite TV, and 2 cabins have a wood-burning stove. The “Porkies” offers something for everyone from beautiful scenery and wildlife to a wide variety of outdoor adventures. Pet friendly. Open year round and on the trails. New owners. 227 Farragut, Silver City, MI 49953. Phone:906-885-5145
View Lodges, 34042 107th Engineers Memorial Highway, Silver
City MI. Phone: 906-885-5256. 11 modern lodges on the
shores of Lake Superior, 1 mile from the Porcupine
Mountains Wilderness State Park. All lodges have wood
burning fireplaces, 2 bedrooms, Cable TV, and fully
equipped kitchens including a dishwasher. Screened porch
with grill and deck. Pets accepted with additional fee.
Handicap accessible lodge. On the snowmobile
- South Range, MI (5 miles south
of Houghton on Highway M-26)
Refuge Cabins, 101 Wildlife Lane, P.O. Box
508, South Range, MI 49963. Call 906-482-1001 or
888-510-1001. Six fully furnished housekeeping cabins. 3
cabins sleep 1-6, 2 cabins sleep up to 10, and 1 cabin is
handicap accessible. Fireplaces, sauna, TV, VCR, on the
Bill Nicholls Trail. Rental snowmobiles and ATV's
delivered to your cabin. 5 miles south of Houghton,
within walking distance of taverns, restaurants, gas, and
- Trout Lake, MI (Eastern U.P. only 35 miles from the Bridge on M-123).
- Barnyard on Trout Lake. Two Bedroom rental cabin on the shores of Trout Lake, only 35 minutes from the Bridge. Enjoy fishing, swimming, and relaxing by the water. Beach area has a sandy bottom that is shallow for the kids. Row boat. Complete kitchen, washer & dryer, and a living area with a pellet stove for those cool evenings. On the snowmobile and ATV trail. The Barnyard on Trout Lake, 22215 Agulium Road, Trout Lake, MI 49793. Phone: 906-569-3821
- Watersmeet, MI
(southwestern Upper Peninsula near
Highway US-45 & US-2)
- Big Lake Cabin is located on the Cisco Chain of Lakes, halfway between Land O’ Lakes and Boulder Junction, in northern Wisconsin and only a few miles from the Upper Peninsula. Newly remodeled two-bedroom cabin has a complete kitchen. Wood-burning stove. There is a screened porch for enjoying the view of Big Lake. The 2 acre wooded setting offers a peaceful and relaxing spot for your vacation. Sandy swimming beach nearby. Jon boat and rowboat included. On the snowmobile & ATV Trails. 7668 Palmer Lake Road, Land O’ Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 715-572-1402.
- Woods and Water
Chalet is located on the Cisco Chain of Lakes
near Watersmeet, MI. This perfect Northwoods Retreat was
built in 2004 and has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and features
hardwood floors, air conditioning, a game room, and a
fieldstone gas fireplace. Large screen Dish TV. Wireless
internet access. Complete kitchen with a dishwasher.
Laundry room. 600' of sand frontage on a crystal clear
lake with great swimming and fishing. By the Ottawa
National Forest for hiking and hunting. Snowmobile trail
access from the back door and cross-country ski trails
- Land O' Lakes, Wisconsin ( 8 miles south of Watersmeet on Highway 45)
- Gateway Lodge in Land O' Lakes, Wisconsin offers suites and studios in the northwoods of Wisconsin on the border between Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Sit in front of the crackling fire in the large lobby, take a dip in the heated swimming pool, or enjoy a relaxing sauna. Restaurant and lounge. Gateway Gun Club offers sport shooting open to the public. Airport. 9 hole golf course. On the hiking, biking, cross-country skiing, snowmobile, and ATV trails with equipment rentals nearby. Nightly rentals. Gateway Lodge, 4103 Hwy B. Land O' Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 715-547-3321
Rentals in the Upper Peninsula
Food and Lodging in
the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Back to the Upper
Exploring the North
Copyright 1999 by Vivian Wood,
All Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright
Act of 1976, as amended, this web site may not be reproduced
in whole or in part in any manner. Unless authorized by the
webmaster, reproduction of any picture, web page or pages on
this website for placement on the internet is a copyright
infringement. All right, title and interest in and to the
material on these web pages, the web site, in whole or in
part, and in and to this url and the urls contained within,
is the property of the webmaster. All website design, text,
graphics, selection and arrangement thereof are the
copyrighted works of Vivian Wood. Web site created on an
Lodging accommodations cabins, cottages,
inns, b&b's, and resorts with fireplaces in the Upper
Peninsula of Michigan