Upper Peninsula Lodging
Lodgings: Resorts, Motels, Hotels,
Cabins, Cottages, Bed & Breakfasts, Lodges, Campgrounds,
Vacation Homes in the Upper Peninsula of
Towns and Cities of the Upper Peninsula for specific
This is Page 1 (A-B)
Cabin Up North, Silver
City, MI. Phone: 906-885-5430. Year round vacation
log home on Lake Superior with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths.
Wood burning fireplace. Fully equipped kitchen. Satellite
TV, Large back deck overlooking the Lake with fire pit
Cottage Up North, Silver
City, MI. Phone: 906-885-5430. Three-bedroom
cottage on Lake Superior. Main level has a bedroom with a
wood burning fireplace, full bathroom, large living room,
dining room and kitchen combo with access to a deck
facing the lake. Upper level has a large bedroom with
deck and a den. Spiral staircase to lower level with a
family room, bedroom, and bathroom with doors opening to
a patio. Sleeps up to 10. Less than 1 mile to the
Porcupine Mountains State Park. On the snowmobile
- A Powell Shores
Lodge Vacation Home on the shores of Powell
Lake, 6 miles from Munising. Completely furnished modern 3
bedroom home on a 100 acre lake in the Hiawatha
National Forest. Living room has a gas fireplace and
satellite TV. Wi-Fi. Complete kitchen. Large deck. Sand bottomed
beach for swimming with dock for fishing. Boat and canoe.
Snowmobile trail across the road. Pets welcome. Phone:
- A Serene Vacation Cabin is located on South Manistique Lake in Curtis, MI. The comfortable 3-bedroom rental cabin has a modern kitchen and a deck overlooking the lake. Sand-bottomed beach for water fun and a dock for relaxing by the water. Phone: 989-284-5535
- Alger Falls
Motel, E9427 HIghway M-28, Munising, MI 49862.
Phone: 906-387-3536. AAA Approved. 16 motel units with
wireless internet access. Air conditioning, cable TV and
direct dial phones. Recreation room with full cooking
facilities for guests. Access to snowmobile
E-9427 Highway M-28, Munising, MI
49862. Phone: 906-387-3536. Two housekeeping cottages located in
a wooded area 2 miles east of Munising by the Alger Falls
Motel. Cable TV and wireless internet
access. Cottages have 2 bedrooms, Living area with sofa sleeper, and fully equipped kitchen. Coin laundry,
recreation room, and heated garage. Access to snowmobile and ATV
- AmericInn Lodge and Suites Calumet is located 11 miles north of Houghton/Hancock and one block west of Highway US-41 in the Keweenaw Peninsula. The AmericInn of Calumet features comfortable guest rooms and suites, Free high-speed internet, and an indoor salt-water pool, hot tub, and sauna. Complimentary hot AmericInn Perk breakfast. Within walking distance to historic sites and downtown Calumet. Pets Welcome. Easy snowmobile and ATV trail access. Near Swede Town cross-country ski trails. Front Desk: 906-337-6463
- AmericInn Lodge and Suites of Silver City is located on the shores of Lake Superior, 3 miles east of the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State park and 13 miles west of Ontonagon. Comfortable guest rooms and suites with an elevator. Some rooms have a view of Lake Superior. Wireless internet access. Cable TV. Indoor heated pool, whirlpool, and sauna. Complementary AmericInn Perk breakfast. Restaurant and lounge. Walk along the Lake Superior shoreline, enjoy the stunning sunsets, or just relax. On the trail and 3 miles from downhill and cross-country skiing. Pets Welcome. 120 Lincoln Ave. (Highway M-107) Silver City, MI 49953. Phone: 906-885-5311
- Anchor In Naubinway Restaurant, Gift Shop, & Art Gallery is located on Highway US-2, 42 miles west of the Mackinac Bridge by Lake Michigan. Stop for a deli sandwich, salad, specialty coffee, tea, or one of our delightful deserts and ice cream specialties. Wi-Fi area with TV. Open daily. W11632 US-2, Naubinway, MI 49762. Phone: 906-477-1120.
- Au Train
Island View Lodge is located just east of
AuTrain on the shores of Lake Superior. It is a 3-bedroom ranch style vacation home with a loft, 3 & 1/2 bathrooms, two great areas with a kitchen, living and dining room, two fireplaces, satellite TV, wireless internet, and comfortable furnishings. N7869 Sunset Road, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone: 800-546-7188
- Au Train Lake Bed and Breakfast and Museum Cottage, N6915 Forest Lake Road AuTrain, Michigan 49806. Phone: 510-919-0688. Newly remodeled B &B overlooking AuTrain Lake and Paulson Pond. One luxurious bedroom with a private bath and individual deck. WI-FI. Gourmet breakfast. The rustic cedar Museum Cottage is fully outfitted and ideal for one or two guests. Fireplace with gas log, WI-FI, and a complete kitchen.
- AuTrain Lake Cottage, Phone: 906-892-8147. Two bedroom furnished cottage on AuTrain Lake. Full kitchen, cable
TV, deck with lawn furniture, grill, and a fire pit for
bonfires. Sand beach with a fishing boat & motor,
paddleboat, and a canoe included with the cottage
- Au Train Lake Retreat. Vacation Cottage and Rental Home on the shores of AuTrain Lake. Both vacation lodgings have two bedrooms, comfortable furnishings, a wood-burning fireplace, Dish TV, Wi-Fi, and a deck for relaxing and enjoying the view. Sand bottomed beach for swimming and water fun. Easy ATV trail access. Contact Maria at 906-361-4839 or Melinda at 906-202-0427
River Cabin, Phone:906-892-8367. Furnished cabin
overlooking the AuTrain River. Sleeps 6. Large deck with grill, picnic table and deck
chairs. Fire pit on the beach. Dock.
- Au Train River Cottags: Five cottages by the Au Train River near Munising and the Pictured Rocks. Cottages have 1, 2, and 4 bedrooms with Wi-Fi. Flat lawn leads to 300 feet of river frontage for swimming, fishing, and relaxing. Canoe included with rental. Easy access to ATV and Snowmobile Trails. Pet Friendly. Open Year Round. Phone: 906-364-8110
- AuTrain River
Lodge on the AuTrain River. Phone: 906-892-8367.
has one bedroom on the main level, a loft, and a sleeping
area with 1/2 bath on the walk-out lower level. Living
area has a wood-burning fireplace with cable TV and there
is a TV, wet bar, and a wood-burning fireplace on the
lower level. Complete kitchen. Sleeps up to 10 guests.
Deck offers an outstanding view of the river, a wonderful
spot for enjoying the north woods. Heated garage. On the snowmobile and ATV trails. AuTrain River
Lodge, E5449 Curtis Drive, AuTrain, MI. 49806
- Baraga Lakeside Inn on the shores of Keweenaw Bay in Lake Superior. 68 guest rooms with cable TV and Wi-Fi. Some rooms overlook the Bay for a stunning view. The restaurant is open daily serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Lounge. Indoor swimming pool, hot tub, and sauna. Fitness Room. Docking facilities next door. Direct access to snowmobile trails. Baraga Lakeside Inn, 900 U.S. 41 South, Baraga, MI. Phone: 906-353-7123 or toll Free: 855-541-5953.
- Barnyard on Trout Lake. Two Bedroom rental cabin on the shores of Trout Lake, only 35 minutes from the Bridge. Enjoy fishing, swimming, and relaxing by the water. Beach area has a sandy bottom that is shallow for the kids. Row boat. Complete kitchen, washer & dryer, and a living area with a pellet stove for those cool evenings. On the snowmobile and ATV trail. The Barnyard on Trout Lake. Phone: 906-569-3821
- Beachcomber's Cottage is located 15 miles east of Marquette and 26 miles west of Munising on the sandy shores of Lake Superior. The cottage has two bedrooms and is nestled in the woods by the lake. The living area has patio doors that open onto the deck, a wonderful spot to relax and enjoy the beauty of Lake Superior. Cobblestone path to the sandy beach and a beach deck near the water. Beachcomber’s Cottage, Highway M-28, Marquette, MI, 49855. Phone: 206-937-1276.
- A Beach Retreat
Rental Cottage is located on the shores of
Lake Superior, 12 miles west of Ontonagon and only 5
minutes from the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State
Park. A Beach Retreat offers 2 bedrooms, one bathroom,
and a complete kitchen. The living room has cable TV and
a gas fireplace. A screened porch overlooks the lake for
sitting and relaxing or you can enjoy sitting by the
private beach and watching exciting Lake Superior and the
fantastic sunsets over the water. Year round with easy
access to the ATV and snowmobile trails and all the
exciting outdoor recreation the Porkies has to offer. A
Beach Retreat in Silver City, MI 49953.
- Bear Paw & Eagle View Vacation Homes on Lake Superior, are located 15 miles northeast of L'Anse, MI on Pt. Abbaye. Each cottage has 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, a gas fireplace, satellite TV, and a complete kitchen with a dishwasher, and a washer & dryer. Hot tub and sauna. 150' of Lake Superior beach and an awesome view. Easy trail access. Phone: 920-488-2031.
- Bear's Nine Pines Resort on Lake Gogebic in the western Upper Peninsula offers 9 comfortable cabins with one, two, or three bedrooms. Satellite TV and wireless internet access. Some cabins have a gas fireplace & hot tub. Nice swimming beach. Boat rentals. Lake Gogebic is ideal for water sports, boating, and year round fishing. Guided fishing and bear hunting trips. Bait & Tackle Shop with licenses and permits. On the snowmobile and ATV trails. Pets Welcome. Phone: 906-842-3361
Highway US 2, Cooks MI
49817. Phone 906-644-2893.
All rooms have view of
Big Bay de Noc.
Sandy beach and swimming area on Lake
Michigan. Near Fayette. On the snowmobile and ATV trails.
Plenty of parking for trailers. Good fishing and hunting.
Open year round. At the edge of the Hiawatha National
Forest. Pets accepted.
- Big Bay Depot Lodge is located on Lake Independence, 23 miles north of Marquette, MI. The Depot houses 5 suites with a bedroom, sitting area, and kitchen. Great outdoor recreation in the area. On the ATV and snowmobile trail. Pets Welcome. Phone 906-345-9350.
- Big Bay
Lakeside Cottage, Big Bay, MI 49808. Phone: 248-760-8560. Three bedroom rental cabin on the north
side of Lake Independence. Sandy beach. Color TV with
VCR. Deck and grill for cookouts
- New Listing: Bigfoot Hideaway Motel and Lodgel is located in Crystal Falls, MI (South Central Upper Peninsula). The Bigfoot Hideaway offers 6 rooms with a mini-fridge, Wi-Fi, and HDMI cables to stream to TVs. Two designated pet rooms. Lodge sleeps 2-9. Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access. Gift Shop with a variety of Bigfoot items. Restaurant nearby. 1309 Highway US-2, Crystal Falls, MI. Phone: 906 464-8506
- Big Buck Cabin and 38 Lodge, Highway M-38, Greenland, MI 49929,
Phone:906-250-4903. Big Buck Cabin has one
bedroom, a sleeping loft with 2 twin beds, and a sofa
sleeper in living area. 38 Lodge offers 3 bedrooms. Each rental has a complete kitchen, gas fireplace,
and easy access to snowmobile, atv, and mountain bike
trails. 13 miles south of Ontonagon near the Ottawa
National Forest and only a short distance from the
Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park.
Lodges, Whitefish Point Road, Paradise. Phone 906-492-3320. Modern Log Cabins on Lake
Superior. Full housekeeping cabins, some with fireplaces.
Wi-Fi. On the ATV trail.
Sandy beach, Satellite TV's.
- New Listing: Bruno's Rest is located on Forest Hwy 13, 11 miles south of Munising, in the heart of Hiawatha National Forest. Our roomy 3-bedroom, 2 bath home on peaceful, spring-fed Townline Lake lets you enjoy swimming, kayaking, rowing & fishing. 2 Kayaks & 14' rowboat provided. Walk or bike to Bruno's Run right from your door or ride your ORV on the many trails. Use the Wi-Fi to plan your outings to Pictured Rocks, Grand Island, and our area's many waterfalls - all just minutes away. Phone: 906 202-0073 or 906-573-2288.
Resort: Motel, Restaurant, and Lodges in the Hiawatha
National Forest near Munising offers 2 fully equipped spacious lodges
and a 20 unit motel. All on the snowmobile and ATV trails. Restaurant and Lounge. Gas. Lodges sleep from 6
to 22. Motel rooms have microwaves, refrigerators and
coffee makers. Buckhorn Drive,
Munising. Phone 906-387-3559.
- Budget Host Inn
Iron Mountain, North US-2, Iron Mountain, MI
49801. 906 774-6797. Motel
Units, Kitchenettes, Kitchen units,
and Apartments. Restaurant and supper
club nearby. High speed wireless internet. Near Lake
Antoine and other recreational facilities. Direct trail
This is Page 1 (A-B)
Click Here to
Search our Site
for more information
- Then the generous Hiawatha
- Led the strangers to his wigwam,
- Seated them on skins of bison,
- Seated them on skins of ermine,
- And the careful old Nokomis
- Brought them food in bowls of basswood,
- Water brought in birchen dippers,
- And the calumet, the peace-pipe,
- Filled and lighted for their smoking.
- Song of Hiawatha, W.W. Longfellow
Back to Upper Peninsula
Home Page: Exploring
Photo: Swans on the Menominee RIver by Jim
Copyright 1997 by Vivian Wood,
All Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright
Act of 1976, as amended, this web site may not be reproduced
in whole or in part in any manner. Unless authorized by the
webmaster, reproduction of any picture, web page or pages on
this website for placement on the internet is a copyright
infringement. All right, title and interest in and to the
material on these web pages, the web site, in whole or in
part, and in and to this url and the urls contained within,
is the property of the webmaster. All website design, text,
graphics, selection and arrangement thereof are the
copyrighted works of Vivian Wood. Web site created on an