Newberry Area Businesses
Cottages, Resorts, Motels, Hotels, Lodges,
B&B's, and Historic Inns
Bakery, Gift Shops, Snowmobile Rentals, Canoe
Trips, and other Businesses
in the Newberry area of the Upper Peninsula of
- Bed and Breakfasts and Historic
Ole Forest Inn,
Phone: 906-586-6000. Overlooking Big Manistique Lake, a mile
north of Curtis Michigan in the Eastern Upper Peninsula.
Full of history, updated in the '90s in its decor,
secluded, casual fine dining, 11 well-appointed guest
rooms. On the Trails.
Star Motel, 7511 State Highway M-123, (South Newberry Avenue) Newberry MI 49868, 40 clean comfortable rooms with queen sized beds, some with kitchenettes. Large indoor heated pool. Cable TV with HBO and Cinemax, AC. Open year round. Snowmobile from your door. Phone: 906-293-8342 or 800-832-5216. Now merged with the Park-A-Way Motel next door. Large yard with grills for cooking a meal or relaxing
- Newberry Quality Inn and Suites welcomes you! Located at the junction of M-28 & M-123. Centrally located to area attractions, fast food, family dining, and gas stations. Snowmobile trail access, large parking area, and snowmobile rentals onsite! We offer a full hot breakfast and feature a large indoor hot tub and sauna. Make your reservations today by calling direct at (906)293-3218 or (888)300-SNOW. Book onlineat QualityInn.com.
Motel, 7511 State Highway M-123, (South Newberry Avenue) Newberry MI 49868, 40 clean comfortable rooms with queen sized beds, some with kitchenettes. Large indoor heated pool. Cable TV with HBO and Cinemax, AC. Open year round. Snowmobile from your door. Phone: 906-293-8342 or 800-832-5216. Now merged with the Evening Star Motel next door for additional accommodations. Large yard with grills for cooking a meal or relaxing.
- Tahquamenon Hotel, Hulbert, MI. The Historic Tahquamenon Hotel offers 14 comfortable rooms, some with private bathrooms, for travelers to the area. Breakfast served Friday through Tuesday and daily during snowmobile season. Free Wi-Fi. Dining nearby. Pets Welcome. Stop and relax while you go fishing, hunting, ATVing, or snowmobiling with easy trail access. 20 miles east of Newberry. Tahquamenon Hotel, 10429 South Maple, Hulbert, MI 49748 Phone: 906-876-2388
Cabins, Cottages, Resorts, and
Spectacular views of Lake Superior from this very unique,
brand new cottage on Lake Superior. Based on the design
of a Classic Train Caboose, it has all the luxuries of
home including a 2 person jacuzzi. Located 1/2 hour north
of Newberry on County Rd. 407 (H-37) in Deer Park on a
paved and plowed road. Open year round. Phone:
- Halfway Lake
Cottages, 16878 County Rd 505, Newberry, MI
49868. (906) 869-0098. Halfway between Newberry and Lake
Superior. Housekeeping cabins in a 400 acre hardwood
forest on a private lake. Some with fireplaces. Satellite TV. Wi-Fi.
Lodge, 24517 County Road 98, (Helmer)
McMillan, MI. 49853. 906-586-3545. Modern Housekeeping
Cabins on Big Manistique Lake. Fishing Contests, private
island with pavilion for picnics and camping, hot tubs,
laundry room, boat rentals.
Handicap accessible cabins available.
- North Shore Cabins. Two cozy two-room cabins on the shores of Muskallonge Lake, 27 miles north of Newberry in Deer Park, MI. Kitchen-dining area and a bedroom with a double bed and bunks. Sandy beach. Paddle boat for fun on the lake. Wi-Fi. Great fishing and agate hunting. Near Lake Superior. North Shore Cabins, 30840 Muskallonge Trail, Deer Park, MI. Phone: 906-658-3598
- Rainbow Lodge
at the Mouth of the Two Hearted
River. 32752 County Road 423, Newberry, MI
49868. (906) 658-3357. Located at the mouth of the Big
Two Hearted River, overlooking Lake Superior. Cabins are available for weekly rental. Kitchens with cooking and eating utensils, gas lights, and automatic gas heat. Rustic Camping Cabin (3-Night minimum). Reservations at 906-658-3357. 32 miles
from Newberry, 35 miles from Paradise. 12 miles of dirt
road. This is wilderness
country. On the ATV trails.
- Sno Shu
Inn, Six cozy
housekeeping cabins with wood stoves, an apartment, and an Inn for groups from 2 to 20. Located in the center of the Eastern Upper Peninsula with hiking, ATV, and
snowmobile trails on the National Forest land across the
road. 10770 South Hulbert Road, Hulbert,
MI 49748. 906-876-2324.
- Superior Agate Haven Vacation Home is located on 180' of Lake Superior beachfront, 29 miles north of Newberry, MI. The vacation rental has 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms. Comfortable furnishings with a wood-burning fireplace. Modern kitchen with dishwasher. Washer and Dryer. Near Muskallonge Lake for swimming and fishing. Wi-Fi. 30966 Muskallonge Trail, Newberry, MI 49868. Phone: (906) 658-3324 or (805) 990-5469
- Photos of Grandpa Murphy's Logging Camp 1919.
- Places to visit:
County Historical Museum, 411 W. Harrie Street, Newberry, MI 49868. This unique
Queen-Anne Style building is built with reddish stone that
is Jacobsville sandstone, some of the oldest rock in the
country. The mansion has many stone arches and interesting
turrets. The Museum contains many historic photographs,
maps, books and documents. It is listed on the Michigan
Register of Historic Places and the National Register of
Historic Places. Private tours can be arranged. Phone:
Logging Museum, 1 mile north of Newberry on Highway M-123. Michigan State
Historic Site. Buildings, artifacts, and special events
depicting the early lumbering days in Michigan
- Snowsled Rental in
Newberry. Arctic Cat Snowmobile Rentals
is located on Highway M-28 near the intersection of M-28 and
M-123. Phone: 906-322-8504 Motels within 500 feet.
Snowmobile from the rental shop or from most area motels.
- North of Newberry: Halfway Lake Cottages Snowmobile Rental in the Lake Superior State Forest. 16878 County Road 505, Newberry, MI. Phone: 906-869-0098. Close
to Lake Superior. Arctic Cat Snowmobile Rentals. Full lake effect
snow. Over 200" of deep white snow. Miles of local
trails, perfectly groomed plus seasonal roads for a
challenging ride. Ride anywhere in the Upper Peninsula
Trips and Tours:
Toonerville Trolley, Soo Junction, MI. Phone
1-888-77TRAIN or the Depot at 906-876-2311. Take the
train and boat tour to Tahquamenon Falls or the
Wilderness Train Ride. Just 50 miles from the Mackinac
Bridge. Ride 5 1/2 miles to the Tahquamenon River. The
Riverboat takes you on a 21 mile narrated cruise along
the river to the rapids 1/2 mile above the Upper
- The Woods
Canoe and Kayak Rental for the Tahquamenon
River is located 13 miles north of Newberry on
Highway M-123. The Woods offers a variety of paddling
trips on the Tahquamenon River beginning near Newberry
with shuttle service; daily and weekly rentals for nearby
lakes and rivers; and delivery to nearby campgrounds.
Family friendly trips with pets welcome. Easy paddling
down this calm river with abundant wildlife, fishing, and
great photo opportunities.
Falls State Park
Peninsula Towns and Cities Page
Upper Peninsula Traveler
Registered copyright 1997 by Vivian Wood,
webmaster. All Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under
the Copyright Act of 1976, as amended, this web site may not
be reproduced in whole or in part in any manner. Unless
authorized by the webmaster, reproduction of any picture,
web page or pages on this website,
www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on the internet is
a copyright infringement. All right, title and interest in
and to the material on these web pages, the web site, in
whole or in part, and in and to this url and the urls
contained within, is the property of the webmaster. All
website design, text, graphics, selection and arrangement
thereof are the copyrighted works of Vivian Wood. Web site
created on an Apple G-4.7/09