Canoe, Kayak, Waverunner, & Boat
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Canoe & Kayak Rental
Businesses offer shuttle service and spotting service.
Boat Rentals offer delivery to local
Enjoy the beauty of the U.P. as you canoe or kayak a remote river or paddle around the shoreline of an inland lake.
Rent a pontoon boat and explore the Pictured Rocks, Grand Island, and Munising Bay.
- Autrain River &
AuTrain Lake near Munising Paddle the
AuTrain River or AuTrain Lake. Scenic Trips through the
Hiawatha National Forest. See wildlife, enjoy the birds, or
just relax. Trips from 1 to 6 hours. Trips offer shuttle
service. Rentals are located 1 mile south of Highway M-28 on
the AuTrain-Forest Lake Road
River Canoe and Kayak Rentals at Curley's
Forest Lake Road, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone:
Resort Canoe, Kayak, and Boat Rentals in
AuTrain. N7979 AuTrain Forest Lake Road Phone:
MI Located 5
miles north of Hancock, MI in the Keweenaw Peninsula.
- Copper Country
Rentals offers Wave Runners & Jet Boats
with delivery available. Mine Street Station, Calumet, MI
49913. Call 906-281-0567
- Cedarville, MI on Lake Huron in the Eastern U.P.
- Hills Point Resort on Lake Huron offers Boat Rentals in the Les Cheneaux Islands, only 35 miles from the Mackinac Bridge. 484 S. Hill Island Road, Cedarville, MI 49719. Phone: 906-236-2449
- Copper Harbor
- Keweenaw Adventure Company offers Sea Kayak, Canoe, and Mountain Bike Rentals, Outfitting, Guided Biking, Hiking, and Kayak Tours, and Shuttle Service. Copper Harbor has a world class mountain bike trail system as well as the exciting waters of Lake Superior for sea kayaking, including trips to Isle Royale. Keweenaw Adventure Company, 155 Gratiot Street (U.S. 41), Copper Harbor, MI. 49918. Phone: 906-289-4303
MI, The Manistique Lakes
Area. Rentals for Big Manistique Lake, South Manistique
Lake, plus other area lakes.
- * Fish
and Hunt Shop offers Canoe, Kayak, and
Boat Rentals. W17148 Main
Street, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone: 906-586-9531
* Sand and Stars Resort and Motel on South Manistique Lake in Curtis, Michigan offers pontoon boat, 18' pleasure boat, and fishing boat rentals. N8694 County Road H-33, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone: (906) 477-6845 or (906) 420-2848
- Drummond Iasland
- Fort Drummond Marine and Resort on Whitney Bay, Drummond Island, MI. Full Service Marina, Service and Parts Department, Dockage, and a General Store. Sales of boats, trailers, shore stations, plus pre-owned boats and motors. Pontoon, kayak, boat, and motor rentals. The Resort offers rentals of cabins and vacation Homes and a Campground. Ferry runs hourly from 6 am to 11pm year round with 2 night runs. Fort Drummond Marine and Resort on Whitney Bay, Drummond Island, MI 49726. Phone: 906-493-5359 or 906-493-5471
- Grand Marais, MI on Lake Superior
- Kayak Rentals Rentals of single & double kayaks, single & double sea kayaks, and canoes. Uncle Ducky Outdoors, Phone toll free: 877-228-5447.
- Houghton &
Hancock, the gateway to the Keweenaw
- * Houghton PowerSports is your headquarters for rentals of boats, pontoons, outboard motors, & trailers. Phone: 906-483-4831 or Toll Free: 888-531.0779 to reserve your boat. Houghton Power Sports is located just west of Highway 26 at 1550 Brickyard Lane, Houghton MI 49931
* M & M Power Sports. Pontoon Boat Rentals. 90 Navy Street by the Portage Lift Bridge, Hancock, MI 49930. Phont: 906-482-9990
- Iron Mountain MI,
Spread Eagle, WI, & Florence WI
- * Iron
Sports. Boat Rentals with delivery to nearby lakes. 1804 N. Stepnenson Ave. (Hwy US-2), Iron
Mountain, MI 49801 Phone: 906-779-1771 or Toll Free:
* Wild Rivers
Florence, WI 54121 Phone: 715-952-8027. Rentals of
Hurricane Kayaks and River Tubes at the Subway, Highway US-2 in Florence.
- Lake Gogebic-Marinesco
- Bear's Nine Pines Resort on Lake Gogebic in the western Upper Peninsula offers rental pontoon boats, fishing boats, canoes, and kayaks. Half day, full day, or weekly rentals. Bear's Nine Pines Resort, N9426 State Hwy M-64, Marinesco, MI 49947 Phone: 906-842-3361
- Michigamme, MI
- Michigamme Shores Campground is located on the shores of Lake Michigamme in the north central Upper Peninsula and offers rentals of boats, canoes and kayaks to use on Lake Michigamme. Highway 41W 64 Purple Road, Michigamme, MI 49814. Phone: 906- 339-2116
- Menominee River
Country: Dickinson & Iron County MI and Florence WI for the Brule, Pine, Popple, Menominee, Michigamme,
Twin Falls Reservoir (Badwater Lake). South Central Upper Peninsula
- Wild Rivers
Adventure Company Hurricane Kayak Rentals; Subway Restaurant on US-2, Florence, WI 54121 Phone: 715-952-8027.
- Nahma, MI on Lake Michigan
- Upper Peninsula Golf and Lake Resort is located on the shores of Lake Michigan between Rapid River and Manistique and 4 miles south of US-2. The Resort offers rentals of jet skis, row boats, paddle boats, canoes, and kayaks to the public. Stop by and rent a watercraft and enjoy the wonderful boating on the Bays de Noc of Lake Michigan. Camping and modern cabins. 3723 Main Street. Nahma, MI 49864. Phone: 906-644-2728
Here for Guided & Self-Guided Tours
- Newberry- Paradise:
Paddle the Tahquamenon
- The Woods
Canoe and Kayak Rental Highway M-123, at the
corner of M-123 and Fordney Tower Road. Phone: 906-203-7624.
- Sault Ste. Marie - Barbeau
- Riverview Resort and Deepwater Marina offers dock rental, boat & motor rental, travel boat lift, motor repair, and a variety of other services. 4 two-bedroom housekeeping cabins overlooking the St. Mary's River. Located halfway between Sault Ste. Marie and DeTour Village at the north end of Munuscong Bay. Excellent fishing. 17999 S Scenic Drive, Barbeau, Michigan 49710. Phone 906-647-3033
Guided Tours in the
Upper Peninsula Traveler
Photo by Nicole: Kayaking on the
© 2010 by Char Simons, webmaster.
All Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright
Act of 1976, as amended, this web site may not be reproduced
in whole or in part in any manner. Unless authorized by the
webmaster, reproduction of any picture, web page or pages on
this website, www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on
the internet is a copyright infringement. All right, title
and interest in and to the material on these web pages, the
web site, in whole or in part, and in and to this url and
the urls contained within, is the property of the webmaster.
All website design, text, graphics, selection and
arrangement thereof are the copyrighted works of Char
Simons. Made on a Mac!