Lodging & Food on the Snowmobile Trail
Dickinson County, Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Dickinson County includes the towns of Channing, Felch, Norway, Quinnesec, and Iron Mountain in Michigan and
Spread Eagle, WI
- CHANNING, MI
- "R" Cabins are located only 25 miles north of Iron Mountain and offer a duplex log cabin and four one bedroom cabins with kitchens that sleep from 4-6 guests. Each duplex unit has 2 bedrooms, a kitchen area, and a gas fireplace. Connecting door between the two units for large groups. Wireless Internet Service. Located in the Copper Country State Forest for hunting and near Sawyer Lake, the Michigamme Reservoir, and many other lakes for fishing and boating. Snowmobile & ATV trail access. Bait Shop with fishing supplies. Pets welcome. N12178 Highway M-95, Channing, MI 49815. Phone: 906-542-6995.
- IRON MOUNTAIN, MI (Trail is on the northside of
town by the Lake Antoine Road)
- Budget Host
Inn, North US-2, Iron Mountain, MI 49801. Phone: 906
774-6797. Motel rooms, kitchen units
with 1 and 2 bedrooms, and a two bedroom apartment. On the trail
with restaurants nearby
- EDGEWATER RESORT
COUNTRY LOG CABINS N4128 North U.S. 2, Iron
Mountain, Michigan 49801.Phone (906) 774-6244. Fully equipped housekeeping log cabins on
the Menominee River, the Upper Peninsula-Wisconsin border. Located 3 miles west of Iron Mountain, Michigan and 4 miles east of Spread Eagle, WI.
Some cabins have a fireplace. Cable TV, outside
barbecue, and your own boat and dock slip. Relax and watch
the deer coming down to the waters edge to drink. Easy snowmmobile trail access.
- NORWAY, MI (South Central Upper Peninsula)
- Americas Best Value Inn and Suites of Norway offers a variety of rooms, a swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, complimentary continental breakfast, cable TV, and free wireless internet. Americas Best Value Inn and Suites is located in the central Upper Peninsula of Michigan near the Wisconsin-Michigan border and only a few miles east of Iron Mountain. Near many area businesses, attractions, and recreation. Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access. Pet friendly. Americas Best Value Inn and Suites W6002 US Hwy 2, Norway, MI 49870. Phone: 906-563-7500
- FLORENCE, WI
- Keyes Lake Campground is located on Hwy 101, 3 ½ miles south of Florence, WI. 715-528-4907. The campground is bordering Keyes Peak Skil Hill & Lodge, which offers 18 holes of disc golf, a scenic overview of colors in the fall, besides a beautiful lodge for weddings! We offer beautiful wooded sites with water & electric, rustic sites, seasonal sites, rustic cabins, and a dump station. Stop into our Lodge Store for Scoop Ice Cream, all your grocery needs, and bait/tackle. We offer site to trail, 1000+ miles of ATV/Snowmobile trails through 5 counties and the UP. Keyes Lake offers a boat landing, fishing, swimming, watersport activities and picnic area. Do you want to camp or stay in a cabin in the winter? Restroom/showers available All Year.
CHUCKWAGON Bar & Grill
in Spread Eagle, Wisconsin for food & beverages. Open daily at 11
am serving a wide variety of sandwiches, appetizers, homemade soup,
chili, your favorite beverages, and a delicious Fish Fry on Friday.
Bring the family. Take out available. On the north side of Highway
US-2 at the intersection of Carpenter Road in Spread Eagle, WI.
Phone: 715-696-6220. Snowmobile & ATV trail across the road with
easy trail access.
PASTY OVEN Pasty Shop is located at W-7270 Highway U.S.2,
near the stoplight in Quinnesec Michigan, just 4 miles east of Iron
Mountain, MI. Phone: 906-776-0990 or toll free 800-753-5257. Eat in
our dining area or pick up some delicious pasties for lunch or
dinner. The Pasty Oven offers mail order so you can enjoy a taste of
the Upper Peninsula in your own home. Baked fresh every day at our
USDA inspected plant in Florence, we offer a variety of pasties
including the traditional pasty, breakfast pasty, chicken pasty,
vegetable pasty, and mini pastys &endash; great for appetizers or a
party. Pasties can be purchased hot and fresh, half-baked, frozen or
by mail order.
Other lodging in Iron
These motels are in Iron Mountain but not on the snowmobile trail.
The trail is located on the north side of Iron Mountain at US-2 and
Lake Antoine Road, so you would need to trailer your sled to this
Days Inn Iron Mountain. Newly renovated Inn has 45 rooms with Cable TV and Complimentary Day Break Breakfast. Free High Speed Wireless Internet. Heated Indoor Pool and Spa. Exercise facility. Guest Laundry. Large parking lot. Pets welcome. Located on the south side of Iron Mountain at 2001 S. Stephenson Ave. (US-2 & US-141), Iron Mountain, MI 49801. Phone: 906-774-2181
Woodsland Motel, N
3957 N. US 2, Iron Mountain MI 49801. 906 774-6106. Located at the
junction of US-2 & 141 and M-95, 2 miles north of Iron Mountain.
Economy Rates, Kitchenettes, Modern motel units feature color cable
TV, direct dial phones. Wireless Internet. Major Credit Cards
Snowmobile and ATV
Mountain Powersports is a full service dealer offering
sales, certified service, parts, and rental machines in the central
Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Sales of boats, pontoons, motors, ATV's,
UTV's, snowmobiles, and motorcycles. Snowmobile rental. Open Tuesday through
Saturday. Iron Mountain Powersports, 1804 N Stephenson Ave, Iron
Mountain, MI 49801. Phone: 906-779-1771
- Pembine, WI (18 miles south of Iron Mountain. 30 miles north of Crivitz, WI
- ATV and Snowmobile Rental at Pembine Sport and Lawn in Pembine, WI. Visit our showroom and check out our inventory of new and pre-owned equipment. Arctic Cat dealer. Parts and Service Department. On the ATV and Snowmobile Trail. Parking area for your venicles. Pembine Sport and Lawn, N 18524 US Hwy 141, Pembine, WI, 54156. Phone: 715-324-5590
to Snowmbiling in the Upper Peninsula
Peninsula Snowmobile Rentals
Peninsula Towns and Cities
Peninsula Traveler Home Page
Copyright 2004 by Charlotte Simons, webmaster. All
Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act of 1976,
as amended, this web site may not be reproduced in whole or in part
in any manner. Unless authorized by the webmaster, reproduction of
any picture, web page or pages on this website,
www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on the internet is a
copyright infringement. All right, title and interest in and to the
material on these web pages, the web site, in whole or in part, and
in and to this url and the urls contained within, is the property of
the webmaster. All website design, text, graphics, selection and
arrangement thereof are the copyrighted works of Charlotte Simons Web
site created on an Apple G-4