Lodging on the Snowmobile Trail
Many Lodgings are also on the ATV Trails
Houghton County, Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Houghton County includes the towns of Calumet,
Chassell, Hancock, Houghton, Pelkie, South Range, and Twin Lakes in
the Western Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Calumet & Laurium,
- AmericInn Lodge and Suites Calumet is located 11 miles north of Houghton/Hancock and one block west of Highway US-41 in the Keweenaw Peninsula. The AmericInn of Calumet features comfortable guest rooms and suites, Free high-speed internet, and an indoor salt-water pool, hot tub, and sauna. Complimentary hot AmericInn Perk breakfast. Within walking distance to historic sites and downtown Calumet for shopping and restaurants. Pets Welcome. Easy snowmobile and ATV trail access. Near Swede Town cross-country ski trails. AmericInn of Calumet. 56925 South 6th Street. Calumet, Mi 49913. Front Desk: 906-337-6463
Shore Cottage, Tamarack Waterworks Road, Calumet, MI
49913. Phone 906-337-3127. Located 3.5 miles from Calumet on the
shores of Lake Superior. Housekeeping cottage with extra amenities
sleeps up to 6.
- Trailside Lodge is located on Highway US-41, on the north side of Calumet, MI. The lodge offers 28 newly renovated rooms with cable TV, microwave, fridge, coffee makers, and Wi-Fi. At door parking with large parking lot for your vehicles. On the ATV and Snowmobile Trails with ATV/UTV and Snowmobile rentals at the office. Wonderful riding in the beautiful Keweenaw Peninsula. Close to restaurants, shopping, and the many attractions in the Keweenaw National Historic Park. Pets Welcome. Trailside Lodge, 57900 US-41, Calumet, MI 49913. Phone: (906) 337-9905
Chassell, MI (Chassell-Painesdale Trail
closed. Chassell to Baraga Trail is open.
Chassell to Houghton Railroad Grade Trail is open
Four Season Log Home Rental, 40551 N. Upper Pike River
Road, Chassell, MI 49916. Phone 906-483-0334. Located 11 miles
south of Houghton. Smoke-free Log home sleeps 9, whirlpool,
fireplace, snack bar, dining room, great room. Trail
Lake House, 42702N Lakeshore Drive, Chassell, MI 49916.
Phone: 906-482-0562. Lakeside cottage on Chassell Bay with 3
bedrooms. Sleeps up to 10. Complete kitchen. Cable TV. Great view
of the lake. Swimming, fishing, and boat dock. Daily or weekly
rentals. (2-day minimum in winter). Great ice fishing. Near cross-
country ski and snowmobile trails. 9 miles south of
Hancock, Houghton, & Dollar
- Copper Crown Magnusen Motel, 235 Hancock St., Hancock,
MI 49930. Phone 906-482-6111 or1-800-528-1234 for reservations. 46
spacious motel rooms with indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, and
complimentary continental breakfast. Wireless internet access.
Large lot for trailer parking. On the snowmobile trail.
- Cozy Cabin on Portage Lake is a 3-bedroom log cabin with a loft. Open concept living area and a complete
kitchen with a dishwasher. Laundry room. Located 7 miles east of
Hancock, the cabin is convenient to events at Michigan Tech and
Finlandia University as well as shopping, sightseeing, and
enjoying the history of the Copper Country. Easy trail access to
snowmobile and ATV trails. Nice shoreline on Portage Lake with a
dock for sunning or relaxing. Bring your boat for fishing or water
fun. Cozy Cabin, Dollar Bay,
MI 49922. Phone: 248-624-1770.
- Kemp's Portage Lake Log
Home, the Lake House Vacation Rental, is a newly
constructed log home with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms on Portage
Lake. The home is built into the hillside, so both levels have a
wonderful view of Portage Lake. The main level has 2 bedrooms and
2 bathrooms and a living area with a vaulted ceiling and a flat
screen TV. There is a complete kitchen with a dishwasher and a
laundry room on both the main level and the walkout lower level. On the snowmobile and ATV
trails. Kemp's Lake House, 47880 Lower Point Mills Road, Hancock,
MI 49930. Phone: 906 483-0334.
- Northwoods Resort and Apartments on Portage Lake 5 miles south of Houghton in the Keweenaw Peninsula. Wonderful sand bottom beach is ideal for swimming and shallow for the children. Large dock and sundeck. Great fishing! Summer rental units and one unit available for winter rentals. Wi-Fi. Cable TV. Pets Welcome. On the Chassell-Houghton Trail. Northwoods Resort, 45190 US Highway 41, Chassell, MI 49916. Phone: 906-487-6191
Inn Waterfront Motel and Upper Deck Restaurant, 99 Navy
St., Hancock, MI 49930. (906) 482-8400 (phone) . 51 rooms, free
continental breakfast, Jacuzzi rooms available, pool, whirlpool
and sauna. Cable TV. wireless internet access. Restaurant and
Lounge serves lunch and dinner. On Portage Lake. On the trail with
plenty of parking for trailers.
8 Motel of Houghton, 1200 E. Lakeshore Drive, Houghton
MI 49931. Phone 906-482-2240. 85 rooms. Free Super Start Breakfast, indoor heated pool, whirlpool, and sauna. Remote
cable TV. Free Wireless Internet throughout theSuper 8. Near cross-country ski trails. On Portage
Log Cabins, HC 1, Box 179, Pelkie MI 49958. Phone
906-334-2639. 2 log cabins on Otter Lake near the Sturgeon River
headwaters. Cabin 1 sleeps 5+, Cabin 2 sleeps 6. Sauna. Great for
snowmobling. 30 miles south of Houghton.
South Range, MI
Refuge Cabins, 101 Wildlife Lane, South Range, MI
49963. Call 906-482-1001 or 888-510-1001. Six fully furnished new
housekeeping cabins. 3 cabins sleep 1-6, 2 cabins sleep up to 10,
and 1 cabin handicap accessible. Fireplaces, sauna, TV, VCR, on
the Bill Nicholls Trail. 5 miles south of Houghton on M-26.
Snowmobile rentals available.
Twin Lakes , MI (Toivola) 25 miles south of Houghton by the Bill Nicholls
- Hallmark Hut is located in Twin Lakes, 26 miles south of Houghton by the Bill Nicholls ATV, snowmobile, and mountain bike trail with easy trail access. Newly opened, the Hallmark Hut is fully furnished with new appliances, flat screen satellite TV, and Wi-Fi.Hallmark Hut, 32913 N. Parkside Drive, Twin Lakes, (Toivola) MI 49965. Phone: (906) 288-3100.
All Season Resort, 32170 Emily Lake Road - Twin Lakes,
Toivola MI 49965. 906-288-3404. Weekly & Nightly Rates for
Modern 1 ,2, & 3 bedroom cabins on beautiful Twin Lakes! Sleep
from 1 to 8 people. Reasonable Rates. Located 23 Miles South of
Houghton Michigan on M-26. On the Bill Nicholls Trail
Food. . . Gas. . .
Convenience Stores on the trail
Krupp's Mini Mart - Food, Gas, and Parts. Highway M-26, Twin
Ramada Inn Upper Deck
Restaurant and Lounge, 99 Navy St., Hancock, MI 49930.
Phone: (906) 482-8400 Overlooking the Portage Waterway. Serving lunch
and dinner daily.
Snowmobile and ATV
- Copper Country Rentals 10 miles north of Houghton and Hancock, rents
snowmobiles, ATV's, and WaveRunners for summer fun. Snowmobile
rentals include Castle brand jackets & bibs and HJC helmets
with frost-free hot shields. Sled rental is for a 23-hour day so
sleds can be kept overnight. Delivery available to
Houghton/Hancock and surrounding area. We are located at the Trailside Lodge on the north side of Calumet. On the trails so you can ride from the shop door. Copper
Country Rental at the TRailside Lodge, 57900 US-41, Calumet, MI 49913. Call
906-337-9905 for reservations.
Recreation Snowmobile Rental, Sales, and Service. Hancock, MI. Phone (906) 482-6227 or
(800) 858-869. New Location on Highway US-41 on the northwest side of Hancock with direct access to the trails. Clothing, accessories, and parts. Experienced service department. Renting new Polaris sleds. Call for reservations. Dan's carries pre-owned Snowmobiles, ATV's, Ranger Utility Vehicles, and Victory Motorcycles
- Houghton PowerSports is your headquarters for new and pre-owned boats, outboard motors, off-road Vehicles, snowmobiles, and trailers. We carry several lines and offer certified service, parts, and accessories. We have a large rental fleet for year round fun. Houghton Power Sports rents Snowmobiles, ATV's. UTV's Jet Skis, Fishing Boats, Pontoon Boats, and Trailers. Call to reserve your boat, off-road vehicle, or snowmobile. Phone: 906-483-4831 or Toll Free: 888-531.0779. Houghton Power sports is located just west of Highway 26 at 1550 Brickyard Lane, Houghton MI 49931
- M & M PowerSports in
Hancock offers Sales, Service, Gear, and Rentals.
Authorized dealer for Yahama, Arctic Cat, Suzuki ATV's &
Motorcycles, Polar Craft Boats, Sweetwater Pontoons, Kymcousa
Scooters, Porta Dock, and Porta Lifts. Winter snowmobile Rentals
of 2008-2009 Arctic Cat single person sleds and Yahama Phaser 2-up
sleds. Summer rentals of Pontoon Boats. Located just west of the
Lift Bridge at 90 Navy Street, Hancock, MI 49930. Phone:
906-482-9990 to reserve your sled.
to Snowmobiling in the Upper Peninsula
Rentals in the Upper Peninsula
Peninsula Towns and Cities
Peninsula Traveler Home Page
Copyright 2004 by Charlotte Simons, webmaster. All
Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act of 1976,
as amended, this web site may not be reproduced in whole or in part
in any manner. Unless authorized by the webmaster, reproduction of
any picture, web page or pages on this website,
www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on the internet is a
copyright infringement. All right, title and interest in and to the
material on these web pages, the web site, in whole or in part, and
in and to this url and the urls contained within, is the property of
the webmaster. All website design, text, graphics, selection and
arrangement thereof are the copyrighted works of Charlotte Simons Web
site created on an Apple G-4 on