Lodging on the Snowmbile Trail
Mackinac County, Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Mackinac County includes the towns of
Curtis, Naubinway, Engadine,
Most lodgings are also on the ATV Trails
Gould City, Epoufette, Helmer, and the Manistique Lakes Area
Curtis, MI (the Manistique Lakes
Ole Forest Inn, 1 mile north of Curtis on H-33. Phone:
800-292-0440 or 906-586-6000. Overlooking Big Manistique Lake, a
mile north of Curtis. Full of history, updated in the '90s in its
decor, secluded, casual fine dining, 11 well-appointed guest
Cottage on South Manistique Lake. Phone 906-586-3393.
Three bedroom cottage on South Manistique Lake. Full amenities,
knotty pine interiors. Daily and weekly rentals.
Lodge, Modern Housekeeping Cabins on Big Manistique
Lake. Handicap accessible cabins. Dock and sand bottomed
beach for water fun. Private island with
pavilion for picnics and camping, hot tubs, laundry room.
Boat rentals. Easy trail access. Open Year Round. Phone: 906-586-3545.
- New Listing: Long Point Lodge on South Manistique Lake is a 6 bedroom rental cottage with 2 bathrooms. Complete kitchen with a dishwasher. Washer and dryer. Wood-burning fireplace in the recreation room and a gas fireplace in the living room. Cable TV. On the trails. 18154 Long Point Road, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone: (906) 341-2884
Resort north of Curtis. Relax in Luxury on Famous Big
Manistique Lake for Year-Round Vacation Fun! Chalets & Ranch
Style Cabins, all with Fireplaces. Phone: 1-(906) 586-3285 or 1-(800)-587-3285 (Reservations
- Sand and Stars Resort and Motel on Big Manistique Lake in Curtis, Michigan offers a 4-unit year round motel for overnight guests or a short stay. The family friendly resort is newly renovated with new furnishings and flooring. On the Snowmobile and ATV Trails. Sand and Stars Resort and Motel, N8694 County Road H-33, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone: (906) 477-6845 or (906) 420-2848
Cottage, PO Box 234, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone
bedroom rental cottage on South Manistique Lake with all the
comforts of home, boat included. cable TV. Weekly or daily. On the
snowmobile trails. Pets accepted.
Pointe Resort on Big Manistique Lake. Just 3 miles
north of Curtis, MI. Phone toll free 877-586-9531 or 906-458-9531. Four large cottages on 260' of lake frontage. 2 and 3
bedroom cottages with fully equipped kitchens and 32" satellite flat screen
TV in the living room.Wi-Fi. Snowmobile
End Resort, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone 906) 586-3515. Four
Modern Housekeeping Cabins nestled on the shore of Cooks Bay on
Big Manistique Lake. Two bedrooms, knotty pine interiors, private
deck, showers and televisions.
- New Listing: Wolfe Bay Lodge on Long Point Road, Curtis, MI. Six-bedroom 2-bath vacation home on South Manistique Lake that wil sleep up to 18 guests. Free-standing wood stove. Pets Welcome. Easy access to ATV Trails. Phone: 231-920-0032
Eastern Upper Peninsula (within 30-50 minutes of the Bridge. Lodging on the trails for Trout Lake and Hulbert
- Fort Drummond Marine and Resort on Whitney Bay, Drummond Island, MI offers 3 rental cabins, a 3-bedroom vacation home on an island, and a campground for enjoying beautiful Drummond Island. There are 2 cabins available for winter rental. Pontoon, kayak, boat, and motor rentals. Only 1 hour from the Mackinac Bridge. Ferry runs hourly from 6 am to 11pm with 2 night trips. Fort Drummond Marine and Resort on Whitney Bay, 36183 S. Whitney Bay Road, Drummond Island, MI 49726. Phone: 906-493-5359 or 906-493-5471
Gould City, MI on Milakokia
Cove Resort on Milakokia Lake, N5956 E. Milakokia Lake
Road, Gould City MI, 49838. Phone 906-477-9956. Three 2 bedroom
and one 3 bedroom cottages 200 feet of Milakokia Lake shoreline
with private docks. Childrens play area. Fish, snowmobile or
relax. 12 miles south of Curtis, one mile south of US 2 on East
Milakokia Lake Road.
- Michihistrigan Campground with 47 modern & rustic campsites and 4 cabins. Bar and Grill. Showers & laundry facilities in
the Community Building. Large Pavilion with a fireplace and grill.
Cabins are Open Year Round for snowmobiling. On
the trails. 60 miles west of the Mackinac Bridge on US-2 in the
Gould City-Curtis area. W17838 US-2, Gould City, MI 49838. Phone:
- Anchor In Naubinway Cafe, Gift Shop, & Art Gallery is located on Highway US-2, 42 miles west of the Mackinac Bridge by Lake Michigan. Stop for a deli sandwich, salad, specialty coffee, tea, or one of our delightful deserts and ice cream specialties. Wi-Fi area with comfortable seating, fireplace, & TV. On the trail. Open daily. W11632 US-2, Naubinway, MI 49762. Phone: 906-477-1120.
Ole Forest Inn Restaurant, 1-800-292-0440 or
906-586-6000. Overlooking Big Manistique Lake, a mile north of
Curtis Michigan in the Eastern Upper Peninsula. Full of history,
updated in the '90s in its decor. secluded, Restaurant open daily
for casual fine dining.
- Michihistrigan Bar and Grill, 17838 Highway US-2, near Curtis and Gould City, MI the Manistique Lakes. Open daily for lunch and dinner. Located at the Michihistrigan Recreational Area. Phone: 906-477-6983.
and Hunt Shop Snowmobile, ATV, & Boat Rentals, Box
219, Curtis, MI 49820. Rentals of Ski-Doo snowmobiles. Snowmobile
sales and apparel. We have a Parts & Service Department that
services all this equipment. On Main Street near Portage Creek in
Downtown Curtis. 1-906-586-9531
Snowmobile Museum. Visit the Top
of the Lake Snowmobile Museum, W11595 Center Street,
Naubinway, MI 49762. Phone: 906-477-6298. Michigan's First Snowmobile
Museum contains an interesting collection of over 62 antique and
vintage snowmobiles along with prototypes and memorabilia. Gift Shop
with hats, T-shirts, sweatshirts, and other unique items. On the
trail. Food, Beverages, and gas available in Naubinway.
Lodging on the trails for Trout Lake and Hulbert in Chippewa County.
to Snowmobiling in the Upper Peninsula
Peninsula Towns and Cities
Peninsula Traveler Home Page
Copyright 2004 by Charlotte Simons, webmaster. All
Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act of 1976,
as amended, this web site may not be reproduced in whole or in part
in any manner. Unless authorized by the webmaster, reproduction of
any picture, web page or pages on this website,
www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on the internet is a
copyright infringement. All right, title and interest in and to the
material on these web pages, the web site, in whole or in part, and
in and to this url and the urls contained within, is the property of
the webmaster. All website design, text, graphics, selection and
arrangement thereof are the copyrighted works of Charlotte Simons Web
site created on an Apple G-4.