Lodging on the Snowmbile Trail
Mackinac County, Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Mackinac County includes the towns of
Curtis, Naubinway, Engadine,
Most lodgings are also on the ATV Trails
Gould City, Epoufette, Helmer, and the Manistique Lakes Area
Curtis, MI (the Manistique Lakes
Manistique Lake Cottage, 19113 Diller Road, Curtis, MI
49820. Phone 989-652-2357. This chalet sleeps up to 8 with a
master bedroom on the first floor and an upper loft sleeping area
which will sleep 6. Open concept, woodburning fireplace, washer
and dryer, wrap around deck, and bonfire pit.
Ole Forest Inn, 1 mile north of Curtis on H-33. Phone:
800-292-0440 or 906-586-6000. Overlooking Big Manistique Lake, a
mile north of Curtis. Full of history, updated in the '90s in its
decor, secluded, casual fine dining, 11 well-appointed guest
Cottages on South Manistique Lake. Phone 906-586-3393.
Three bedroom cottage on South Manistique Lake. Full amenities,
knotty pine interiors. Daily and weekly rentals.
Lodge, 24517 County Road 98, north of Curtis in Helmer.
Phone: 906-586-3545. Modern Housekeeping Cabins on Big Manistique
Lake. Fishing Contests, private island with pavilion for picnics
and camping, hot tubs, laundry room. Ice shanties and
Resort, N8060 Norton Road, Gould City, MI
49838. 906-586-3532. Located near Curtis, MI on the east
shore of South Manistique Lake. Eight cottages on
the lakefront with Wi-Fi, Satellite Dish TV, and complete kitchens. 14' aluminum
boat. Large parking lot for trailers. Open year round.
Resort north of Curtis. Relax in Luxury on Famous Big
Manistique Lake for Year-Round Vacation Fun! Chalets & Ranch
Style Cabins, all with Fireplaces. Phone: 1-(906) 586-3285 or 1-(800)-587-3285 (Reservations
- NEW: Martin’s Landing Rental Cottage on the shores of South Manistique Lake in Curtis, MI. The cottage has a wood-burning fireplace, Cable TV with DVD, two bedrooms, and a complete kitchen. Nice flat lawn leads to South Manistique Lake, a dock, and a nice shallow swimming area, perfect for the kids. Rowboat included. Pets welcome. Easy access to snowmobile and ATV trails. Year Round. Phone: 734-944-5300. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lakeview Cottages, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone: (906) 586-6018.
Six bedroom rental cottage on South Manistique Lake. 2 bathrooms.
Complete kitchen with dishwasher. Washer & dryer. Two
wood-burning fireplaces. Full amenities. Sleeps up to 18. On the
- Sand and Stars Resort and Motel on Big Manistique Lake in Curtis, Michigan offers a 4-unit year round motel for overnight guests or a short stay. The family friendly resort is newly renovated with new furnishings and flooring. On the Snowmobile and ATV Trails. Sand and Stars Resort and Motel, N8694 County Road H-33, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone: (906) 477-6845 or (906) 420-2848
Cabins, Seven fully equipped modern housekeeping cabins, 1-2-3 bedrooms,
on the north shore of South Manistique Lake. Boat included with
cabin, nice swimming area. Fish house, live well and freezer
service. Open year round. On the Trails. P.O. Box 35, Curtis, Ml
49820. Phone (906)
Cottage, PO Box 234, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone
bedroom rental cottage on South Manistique Lake with all the
comforts of home, boat included. cable TV. Weekly or daily. On the
snowmobile trails. Pets accepted.
Bay Cottage, 8604 Manistique Lakes Road (Highway 33),Curtis, MI 49820. Phone: 419-264-5364. A three-bedroom lakeside cottage with pontoon boat, located on South Manistique Lake. Private beach, dock, paddle boat, gas grill, lawn furniture, fire pit. Gas log fireplace, Satellite TV/DVD, and telephone. Fully equipped kitchen includes microwave. Washer and dryer. Sleeps 8.
Pointe Resort on Big Manistique Lake. Just 3 miles
north of Curtis, MI. Phone toll free 877-586-9531 or 906-586-9527
evenings. Four large cottages on 260' of lake frontage. 2 and 3
bedroom cottages with fully equipped kitchens and 27" color dish
TV in the living room. Daily weekly or monthly rental.. Snowmobile
End Resort, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone 906) 586-3515. Four
Modern Housekeeping Cabins nestled on the shore of Cooks Bay on
Big Manistique Lake. Two bedrooms, knotty pine interiors, private
deck, showers and televisions.
Eastern Upper Peninsula within 30 minutes of the Bridge
- Vacation Mackinac offers a variety of rental cottages and condos in the Eastern Upper Peninsula within 25 minutes of the Mackinac Bridge. Rentals include cottages on Brevort Lake, Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, and nestled in the forest. Rentals are well equipped for your vacation and close to many Upper Peninsula attractions and recreational opportunities. Check back as properties are added throughout the year. Vacation Mackinac Property Management, 4042 M-123 Moran, MI 49760. Phone: 906-643-7359 or 906-298-0225
- NEW: Voyager Inn: Lodging in St. Ignace near the Mackinac Bridge . Variety of comfortable rooms, indoor heated pool and whirlpool, free continental breakfast, elevator, and Wi-FI. ATV and Snowmobile Rentals. Packages. Pet friendly. Voyager Inn, 750 US-2 West, St. Ignace, MI 49781. Phone: 906-643-1530
Gould City, MI on Milakokia
- Green Gables Resort on
Milakokia Lake, N6129 Milakokia Lake Road, Gould City,
MI 49838. Phone: (906) 477-6207. One and three bedroom
housekeeping cottages on Milakokia Lake, only 60 minutes west of
the Bridge. Full kitchens. Satellite TV. One three-bedroom cabin
has a wood-burning fireplace. All cabins are lake front with a
screened porch overlooking the lake. Easy trail access.
Cove Resort on Milakokia Lake, N5956 E. Milakokia Lake
Road, Gould City MI, 49838. Phone 906-477-9956. Three 2 bedroom
and one 3 bedroom cottages 200 feet of Milakokia Lake shoreline
with private docks. Childrens play area. Fish, snowmobile or
relax. 12 miles south of Curtis, one mile south of US 2 on East
Milakokia Lake Road.
- Michihistrigan Campground with 47 modern & rustic campsites, 4 cabins, and the
Farmhouse Restaurant. Showers & laundry facilities in
the Community Building. Large Pavilion with a fireplace and grill.
Cabins are Open Year Round for snowmobiling. On
the trails. 60 miles west of the Mackinac Bridge on US-2 in the
Gould City-Curtis area. W17838 US-2, Gould City, MI 49838. Phone:
- Anchor In Naubinway Cafe, Gift Shop, & Art Gallery is located on Highway US-2, 42 miles west of the Mackinac Bridge by Lake Michigan. Stop for a deli sandwich, salad, specialty coffee, tea, or one of our delightful deserts and ice cream specialties. Wi-Fi area with comfortable seating, fireplace, & TV. On the trail. Open daily. W11632 US-2, Naubinway, MI 49762. Phone: 906-477-1120.
Ole Forest Inn Restaurant, 1-800-292-0440 or
906-586-6000. Overlooking Big Manistique Lake, a mile north of
Curtis Michigan in the Eastern Upper Peninsula. Full of history,
updated in the '90s in its decor. secluded, Restaurant open daily
for casual fine dining.
Restaurant, W17838 US-2, Gould City, MI 49838. The Farmhouse family
restaurant is located on Highway US-2 near the Manistique Lakes. Open
daily from 7 am to 9 pm. Specialties include homemade bread, soup,
and desert. Fish Fry on Friday. Next door to Michihistrigan
Recreational Area. W17838 US-2, Gould City, MI 49838. Phone: 906-477-6220.
and Hunt Shop Snowmobile, ATV, & Boat Rentals, Box
219, Curtis, MI 49820. Rentals of Ski-Doo snowmobiles. Snowmobile
sales and apparel. We have a Parts & Service Department that
services all this equipment. On Main Street near Portage Creek in
Downtown Curtis. 1-906-586-9531
- NEW: St. Ignace Voyager Inn Rentals: Near the Mackinac Bridge . . Polaris ATV & Side-by-Side Rentals and Arctic Cat Snowmobile Rentals. Stay and Ride Packages. Easy trail access. Voyager Inn, 750 US-2 West, St. Ignace, MI 49781. Phone: 906-643-1530
Snowmobile Museum. Visit the Top
of the Lake Snowmobile Museum, W11595 Center Street,
Naubinway, MI 49762. Phone: 906-477-6298. Michigan's First Snowmobile
Museum contains an interesting collection of over 62 antique and
vintage snowmobiles along with prototypes and memorabilia. Gift Shop
with hats, T-shirts, sweatshirts, and other unique items. On the
trail. Food, Beverages, and gas available in Naubinway.
Lodging on the trails for Trout Lake and Hulbert in Chippewa County.
to Snowmobiling in the Upper Peninsula
Peninsula Towns and Cities
Peninsula Traveler Home Page
Copyright 2004 by Charlotte Simons, webmaster. All
Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act of 1976,
as amended, this web site may not be reproduced in whole or in part
in any manner. Unless authorized by the webmaster, reproduction of
any picture, web page or pages on this website,
www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on the internet is a
copyright infringement. All right, title and interest in and to the
material on these web pages, the web site, in whole or in part, and
in and to this url and the urls contained within, is the property of
the webmaster. All website design, text, graphics, selection and
arrangement thereof are the copyrighted works of Charlotte Simons Web
site created on an Apple G-4.