Lodging on the Snowmobile Trail
Marquette County, Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Marquette County includes the towns of Big Bay, Gwinn,
Ishpeming, Marquette, Negaunee, and Republic,
Also See Baraga Cp
Many Lodgings are also on the ATV Trails.
MI (25 miles north of Marquette in the
edge of the Huron Mountains)
- Big Bay Depot Lodge is located on Lake Independence, 23 miles north of Marquette, MI. The Depot houses 5 suites with a bedroom, sitting area, and kitchen. Great outdoor recreation in the area. On the ATV and snowmobile trail. Pets Welcome. Highway 550, Big Bay, Michigan 49808. Phone 906-345-9350.
- New Listing: Independence Cottage: Three-bedroom cottage with two bathrooms on the south shore of Lake Independence in Big Bay, MI, only 25 miles north of Marquette. Comfortable living room with a gas fireplace. Dishwasher. Washer and dryer. Pets welcome with small charge. Wi-Fi. Boat dock and sandy bottomed swimming area at the waterfront. Near hiking trails and easy access to the ATV trails. Phone: 906-250-2742. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thunder Bay Inn and Restaurant is located in Big Bay, Michigan 25 miles north of Marquette. The Historic Country Inn has 12 comfortable guest rooms furnished with antique and period-style furniture and a family friendly restaurant serving lunch and dinner daily. Enjoy a selection of sandwiches, soups, salads, appetizers, homemade pizzas, and dinner selections including Black Angus Prime Rib on Saturday. The Historic Thunder Bay Inn was once the Ford Hotel, the film location of “Anatomy of a Murder”. On the ATV and snowmobile trail. Phone: 906-345-9220
Ishpeming, MI, Negaunee, MI,
and West Marquette, MI (on or
near US-41 & M-28)
Parkwood Lane, Negaunee Township, MI. Phone: 708/445-0535. LAKE FRONT PROPERTY. About 10 miles west of Marquette and 3.5 miles north of US-41.
2 bedroom cottage with loft overlooking a
private island in McClure Basin, part of the Dead River
System. Fully equipped kitchen. Living room and dining
area have panoramic views of the lake. Sleeps 8.
Easy trail access
Marquette, MI. East side on
- Cedar Creek Cabin is nestled on 4 acres of wooded land, just 5 miles south of Marquette, MI on the shores of Cedar Creek. The Living area has Cable TV and a wood-burning fireplace. Complete kitchen with full size appliances. The cabin has two bedrooms, one bath, and will sleep up to 6 guests. Relax on the deck and enjoy this peaceful setting while visiting Marquette or taking part in the wonderful recreation the area offers. Easy access to snowmobile and ATV trails and near Marquette Mountain for skiing and snowboarding. Pets Welcome. 647 Cherry Creek Road, Marquette, MI 49855 Phone: (906) 249-9590 or (906) 250-6770.
Lakeshore Resort, 4012 Hwy M-28 E,15 miles east of
Marquette. Phone: 906-343-6710 or 805-723-4223. Bungalow Cottage, Loft, and comfortable family suites with free Wi-Fi.
TV with HBO. Across from Lake Superior with a wonderful sand beach. Gas
grills, picnic tables, and outdoor swings. Relax
and enjoy this outstanding view of Lake Superior. On the trail.
MI (north central Upper
- New Listing: Republic Four Seasons Getaway is a cozy two-bedroom vacation cottage on the shores of the Michigamme River in the town of Republic. Fully furnished with a washer and dryer for your convenience. Dock at the shoreline. 4 kayaks are included in the rental. Enjoy wonderful recreational opportunities and amazing sunsets. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Open Year Round. Phone: 218-929-1702
Lake Lodge on Lost Lake
offers comfortable accommodations for up to 20 guests, with
individual beds. The Great Room is furnished a wood burning
fireplace and ample room for dining and relaxing for your entire
group. Wireless internet access. Complete kitchen with dishwasher.
Catering or a personal cook can be arranged. Laundry. 200 acres of
private land with hiking, mountain biking, and groomed
cross-country ski trails for our guests. The perfect location for
Family Reunions, Corporate Teambuilding, Retreats, or to simply
get away and enjoy the beauty of nature. Lost Lake Lodge is
located in the north central U.P. at 1067 Blackbird Lane Republic,
MI 49879. Phone: 906-376-2674. Well behaved dogs welcome.
- Pine Crest
Resort , 12199 Pine Crest Lane, Republic, Michigan,
49879. Phone: 906-376-8237 or Cell: 906-371-0090 Lakeside cottages
on the Michigamme River and Juncob Lake. Pine Crest offers
outstanding northern style accommodations for all, from sportsmen
to families to honeymooners. Great fishing. Easy access to
snowmobile & ATV trails.
of Marquette is a full service dealer offering sales, certified
service, parts, and rental machines in the central Upper Peninsula
of Michigan. Sales of boats, pontoons, motors, ATV's, UTV's,
snowmobiles, and motorcycles. Large rental fleet of snowmobiles. Open Tuesday through Saturday. Delivery
available. Marquette Powersports, 4250 U.S. 41 West Marquette MI
49855 Phone: 906-228-4040
to Snowmobiling in the Upper Peninsula
Peninsula Traveler Home Page
Copyright 2004 by Charlotte Simons, webmaster.
All Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act of
1976, as amended, this web site may not be reproduced in whole or in
part in any manner. Unless authorized by the webmaster, reproduction
of any picture, web page or pages on this website,
www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on the internet is a
copyright infringement. All right, title and interest in and to the
material on these web pages, the web site, in whole or in part, and
in and to this url and the urls contained within, is the property of
the webmaster. All website design, text, graphics, selection and
arrangement thereof are the copyrighted works of Charlotte Simons Web
site created on an Apple G-4
Lodging accommodations in Marquette County, MI
that are on or near the snowmobile trails. Cabins, cottages, resorts,
motels, lodges, historic inns, B&B's, vacation homes,
restaurants, and snowmobile rentals, Upper Pennsula of