Lodging on the Snowmobile Trail
Schoolcraft County, Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Schoolcraft County includes lodging in the
towns of Gulliver, the Hiawatha National Forest, Manistique, Seney,
and Thompson MI
Some lodgings are also on the ATV Trails.
of the Lake Cottage by Lake Michigan, P.O.Box 55,
Gulliver, MI 49840. Phone: 906-283-3361. Modern two bedroom
cottage with open concept living room and dining area. Wood
burning stove. Complete kitchen and laundry. Private path to the
sandy Lake Michigan beach with firepit for campfires under the
stars. Located 11 miles east of Manistique. Weekly Rental
Hiawatha National Forest northwest
Bay Getaway Motel, 906-644-2893, Highway US 2, Cooks MI
49817. 8 rooms with double beds, showers, satellite TV, in-room
coffee, mini-fridge and view of Big Bay de Noc. Plenty of parking
for trailers. At the edge of the Hiawatha National Forest.
- Deatrick's Camp 440 Rental
Cabin on West Branch Lake, 10 minutes north of Nahma
Junction in the Hiawatha National Forest. Two-bedroom cottage with
1 & 1/2 baths. Bunk bed sleeping area and a futon in the
living room. Sleeps up to 8 guests. Complete kitchen. . Easy snowmobile and ATV trail access. Pets with
prior approval. N477 Tanglewood Drive, Wetmore, MI 49895. Phone:
Resort, deep in the Hiawatha National Forest on Forest
Road 13. Phone 906-573-2933. About 35 miles northwest of
Manistique on Blue Lake. 6 rental cabins that sleep from 3 to 6.
On the snowmobile trail
- New Listing: Jack Pine Lodge, Resort, and Campground is located 18 miles northwest of Manistique in the Hiawatha National Forest. Campground offers 27 sites with electric and water hook-ups, new shower house, and designated horse sites. Six 1-3 bedroom cabins. Wi-Fi. On the ORV and Snowmobile trail. Gas available. Restaurant and Lounge open daily at noon. Jack Pine Lodge, 5350N State HWY M-94
, Manistique, MI 49854. Phone: (906) 573-2414
Resort, 14844 LL Road, deep in the Hiawatha National
Forest. Phone (906) 573-2237 or 1-877-KENBUCK for reservations.
Kenbuck is a great sportsman's resort with 5 housekeeping cabins
Real snowmobiling and snowshoeing. 10 miles north of
- Sam's Hiawatha Log Cabin in
the Hiawatha National Forest, 15711 Federal Forest
Highway 13. Phone: 231-547-4136 (home) or 231-649-1908 (cell).
Located 16 miles north of US-2 in the Central Upper Peninsula.
Two-bedroom newly built log cabin with a loft that will sleep 4
comfortably. Bathroom with shower. Complete kitchen. Wood-burning
fireplace. Easy access to snowmobile and ATV trails. Snowmobile
- NEW Stutts Creek Retreat is located 26 miles northwest of Manistique in the Hiawatha National Forest. Located on a hill overlooking Stutts Creek, the cottage will sleep from 8 to 12 guests. The 5.5 acres of private wooded grounds offer a perfect get away. The living room is furnished with leather furniture and a 48” Satellite TV. Complete kitchen with dishwasher and lots of extras. Laundry. Wi-Fi. Stutts Creek Retreat, 8185 Old State Road 94, Manistique, MI. Phone: 317-716-5864.
- Thunder Lake Getaway is a comfortable cedar log cabin across the road from Thunder Lake near Manistique, MI. Private lake access with dock for fishing and boating. Located on 4 acres of wooded land by the Hiawatha National Forest. Cabin has one bedroom with a loft and a complete kitchen. Pets Welcome. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails and near many area attractions. 11624W Ramsdam Road, Manistique, MI 49854. Phone: 906-286-0303 or 906-286-1224.
Fawn Lodge Motel and Cabins, and the Forest Glen
General Store. Phone: 906-573-2999. Located on Town Lake in the
heart of the Hiawatha National Forest. Cabins have 2 to 4 bedrooms
with full kitchens and the motel offers rooms and suites with
kitchenettes. Aractic Cat Snowmobile rentals.
- Gray Wolf
Lodge, 6770W US Highway 2, Manistique, MI 49854. Phone:
906-341-2410. Indoor heated pool, spa, and game room. 40
comfortable air-conditioned units, all with a view of Lake
Michigan. In-room high-speed internet service, cable TV, direct
dial phones, coffee makers, and hair dryers. Located two miles
east of Manistique with a private beach on Lake Michigan. Directly
on snowmobile trail. New Owners.
Motel, 5939W US Highway 2, Manistique, MI 49854. Phone:
906-341-2710. 4 miles east of Manistique, opposite the Schoolcraft
County Airport. 20 modern units, cable TV, telephones, tub/shower
combination, queen and double beds, spacious grounds. Three triple
rooms containing 2 double beds and 1 twin bed. Free continental
breakfast. Near Casino. Easy trail access. Plenty of parking for
Motel, East US-2, Manistique, Ml 49854. Phone
906-341-5363. Located about 1-1/4 miles east of Manistique on the
shore of Lake Michigan. Spacious rooms with tub/shower combination
and phones. Color cable TV. Wireless internet access. Reasonable
rates. Access to snowmobile trails. Coffee in rooms.
Seney and Blaney Park, MI
- New Listing: Lazy Cedars Log Cabin near the Seney National Wildlife Refuge. Located on 30 acres of private land, the log cabin has one bedroom with a loft and will sleep up to 8 guests. Wood-burning fireplace. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Enjoy cross-country ski trails at the Seney Refuge. Near the Manistique River for fishing, and canoeing. Camp 23 Road, Blaney Park, MI 49836. Phone 517-499-6605
- Seney Wilderness Lodge is a 3-bedroom vacation home located on the Manistique River by the south entrance to the Seney National Wildlife Refuge in Germfask, Michigan. This outstanding log lodge is situated on 6 acres of land with 1,400 feet of waterfront on the Manistique River. The lodge has a fireplace, central AC, modern kitchen with a dishwasher, washer and dryer, and a 7-person hot tub. Relax on the deck overlooking the river. Rental includes a 16’ boat on South Manistique Lake. On the ATV and snowmobile trails. Seney Wilderness Lodge, 7854 M-77, Germfask, MI 49836. Phone: 906-586-6601
Pines Lodging, 1464 Railroad Street, P.O. Box
54, Seney, MI 49883. Phone: 906-499-3363. Three bedroom fully
furnished home with complete kitchen, VCR, and gas fireplace in
living room. Located 1/2 mile from the Fox River and only 5 miles
from the Seney National Wildlife Refuge for cross-country skiing.
Direct access to snowmobile trails
in the Upper Peninsula
Snowmobile Rentals in the Area
Upper Peninsula ATV Rentals
Peninsula Towns and Cities
Peninsula Traveler Home Page
Copyright2004/09 by Charlotte Simons, webmaster.
All Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act of
1976, as amended, this web site may not be reproduced in whole or in
part in any manner. Unless authorized by the webmaster, reproduction
of any picture, web page or pages on this website,
www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on the internet is a
copyright infringement. All right, title and interest in and to the
material on these web pages, the web site, in whole or in part, and
in and to this url and the urls contained within, is the property of
the webmaster. All website design, text, graphics, selection and
arrangement thereof are the copyrighted works of Charlotte Simons Web
site created on an Apple G-4
Lodging Accommodations in Schoolcraft County,
Michigan in the Upper Peninsula. Cabins, cottages, motels, b&b's,
resorts, lodges, food, restaurants, bars, and taverns that are on the
snowmobile trails or with easy trail access.