Lodging in Northern
Including the towns of Arbor Vitae,
Boulder Junction, Crandon, Eagle River, Fifieled,
Land O' Lakes, Manitowish Waters, Minocqua, Park Falls, Phillips,
Presque Isle, Rhinelander, St. Germain, Three Lakes, and Wisconsin
Hotels, Motels, Resorts, Inns, Bed
& Breakfasts, Vacation Condos, & Vacation
Homes offer a variety
of wonderful accommodations for your vacation or business trip to Northern Wisconsin
The Northwoods Chapter of the
Wisconsin Hotel & Lodging Association
Welcomes you to Northern Wisconsin
- ARBOR VITAE
Crown Lodge is a Lakeside Resort offering
corporate retreats on the shores of Trout Lake. Each
lodge offers spacious guest rooms, private baths, and
great rooms with fieldstone fireplaces. Ideal location
for corporate retreats and conferences. Fine dining. 3852
Hwy 51 N., Arbor Vitae, WI 54568. Phone:
- BOULDER JUNCTION
Lodge & Hotel. At Acorn Lodge and Hotel we are Guest Rated #1 in Boulder Junction! Our high standards for quality & cleanliness are second to none! Warm, comfortable, great Northwood's ambiance, new flat screens HDTVs, you won't be disappointed. Conveniently located in the center of town. Check out out website for all the great things we have to offer. Acorn Lodge & Motel, Inc. P.O. Box 155,
Boulder Junction, WI 54512. Phone: 715-385-2150
Lodge on Little Crooked Lake. One & two
bedroom housekeeping cabins with screened porch and
sparkling water. Fireplace & Hot tubs. A fishing and
family resort in the Northern Highland State Forest. Pets
Welcome. 6235 Evergreen Lane, Boulder Junction, WI
54512. Phone: 715-385-2132 or 877-947-2132.
- Best Western Inn of Crandon is located just off Highway 8 in downtown Crandon. The inn offers 46 spacious guest rooms with everything you need for a comfortable stay. Complimentary breakfast, fitness center, indoor pool, and high speed internet. Pets Welcome. Best Western Inn of Crandon, 9075 E. Pioneer Street, Crandon, WI. Phone: 715-478-4000
Four Seasons Motel features 20 comfortable
newly decorated rooms with individual heat and A/C
controls. Cable TV and free in-room coffee. Crandon is
the home of the Worlds Champion Off Road Races, in the
center of snowmobile country, and in the heart of
Wisconsin's Vacationland. The four season recreational
activities available in the area are endless. Golfing and
casinos nearby. 304 W Glen Street, Crandon, WI 54520.
Phone: (715) 478-3377.
Mole Lake Lodge & Conference Center at the Mole Lake Casino. The newly built Lodge offers 75 spacious rooms & suites in a Northwoods atmosphere. Aquatic center featuring a pool, whirlpool, arcade, and a fitness center. Restaurant and Lounge. Wi-Fi. The Conference Center accommodates groups up to 230. 3084 State Highway 55, Crandon, WI 54520. Phone: 1-877-478-5772 5772 or 715-478-3200
- EAGLE RIVER
Gypsy Villa Resort, An Island Paradise on
Cranberry Lake, part of the largest Chain of Lakes in the
world. 13 Modern 2 & 3 bedroom villas with complete
kitchens are located on a 100-acre island. Each villa has
200' of waterfront with a private pier, beach, and
pontoon or rowboat. Eight 1 to 4 bedroom Mainland
vacation homes on Cranberry Lake are also available. Pets
by special arrangement. Daily and weekly rentals. Family
Rates. 938 Gypsy Villa Lane, Eagle River, WI 54521. Phone
715-479-8644 or 1-800-232-9714.
Western Derby Inn is located in the town of
Eagle River. Spacious guest rooms, whirlpool rooms, and
suites. Indoor heated pool, hot tub and sauna.
Complimentary continental breakfast. Guest laundry. High
speed internet access. Pet designated rooms. Smoke free.
1800 Highway 45 North, Eagle River, WI 54521. Phone:
1-888-499-0403 or 715-479-1600.
Inn is located 4 blocks from downtown with a
view of the river. Pet friendly. Recently updated rooms
with new carpet, refrigerators, coffee makers, & microwaves.
Wireless internet. Decks on the water with boat docks
available. Restaurant next door. Stay 3 nights, 4th night free. 431 North Railroad
Street, Eagle River, WI 54521-8830. Phone: (715)
& Hillcrest House, Motel and Suites. One
& two bedroom Apartment Suites for the cost of a
motel room. The Carriage House, located on Highway 45
South, has four 1-2 bedroom suites with a Great Room
w/fireplace, TV, lounging and dining for group. Hillcrest
House has 2 suites with one bedroom & sofa sleeper
and is just 300' from Cranberry Lake. Boat furnished.
Daily or weekly rentals. Open Year Round. 938 Gypsy Villa Lane, Eagle River, WI. Phone
Inn overlooking Lake Voyager. Motel rooms,
suites, condos, and 1, 2, & 3 bedroom private villas.
Two beaches, waterfront boardwalk, and walking trails.
Direct TV & Wireless Internet. Full service
restaurant & lounge overlooking the lake. On the
snowmobile trail. 1458 E Dollar Lake Road, Eagle River,
WI 54521. Phone: (715) 479-4486 or 800-752-9193
- Eagle Waters Resort: four-season historic resort located on Eagle Lake part of the chain of 28 lakes. Choose from traditional hotel style rooms, one, two and three bedroom suites (up to 2800 sq.ft.). We also offer lake – front, lake-view and wood-view cabins that can sleep up to 20 people. Eagle Waters amenities include: restaurant, bar, general store, banquet/wedding/meeting facilities, free wi-fi, business center, outdoor heated swimming pool, outdoor heated whirlpool, sauna/message rooms, exercise facility. tennis/basketball/volleyball courts, kayaks/canoes/bikes(no fee), playground ,swim area, docks, horseshoes, shuffleboard , game room, firepits , outdoor grills ,satellite TV ,video/game library, on the snowmobile trail with golf and indoor pool nearby. 3958 Eagle Waters Road, Eagle River, WI 54521. Phone: (715) 479-4411 or (800) 892-8377
Forest Resort and Club, The perfect vacation destination on the Eagle River - Three Lakes Chain of 28 lakes. We offer condominium rentals and timeshare resales of our 24 lakeside condominiums. With peaceful lake views and wildlife at your door, our 2-bedroom, 2-bath condos are perfectly situated in an idyllic setting allowing you to experience everything the Northwoods has to offer! Indoor pool, 9-hole golf course, free boat docking, free row boats and canoes, cross-country ski on-site, snowmobile from your front door and free Wi-Fi. Condominiums at Lake Forest Resort are designed to bring you all the comforts of home. We provide everything you need for a stress-free, fun-filled vacation! 1531 Golf View Road, Eagle River, WI 54521. Phone: 715-479-2455
Resort on Dam Lake and vacation home rentals
on the Sugar Camp Chain-of=Lakes, located between Eagle
River and Minocqua. We offer 2-5 bedroom lakeside
vacation homes with fireplaces. Looking for a family
vacation, great fishing, a romantic get-away, or fun in
our "Winter Wonderland", you're sure to find it at
Maplewood Resort. 8250 Maplewood Lane, Eagle River, WI
54521. Phone: 715-479-8477. Toll Free:
- FIFIELD (near Park Falls)
Mason Lake Resort. American Plan Resort on
over 2600 private acres and several lakes. Eighteen
cabins accommodate small and large groups. Three family
style meals are served with daily maid service,
Playground, recreation building, swimming beach. Pets
welcome. Located just off Highway 70, west of Fifield.
N12351 Boyds Road, Fifield, WI. 54524. Phone: (715)
- LAC du FLAMBEAU
- Dillman's Bay Resort is a nostalgic resort on the shores of White Sand Lake in Northern Wisconsin - just 12 miles from Minocqua. This classic vacation paradise offers a peninsula with full marina, tennis courts, playground, four beaches, picnic grounds, creative workshops taught by renowned instructors and space to relax. We offer lakeside log cabins with 1-4 bedrooms, some with fireplaces.13277 Dillman's Way, Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin 54538.
- Lake of the Torches Resort For over 20 years, Lake of the Torches Resort Casino has been the premier gaming, dining and entertainment destination to call your home away from home with the feel of a classic Northern retreat that reflects its Ojibwe culture and heritage. Highway 47, Lac du Flambeau, WI 54538 • 1-800-25-TORCH.
- LAND O' LAKES
Lodge offers 72 customized and newly renovated
suites and studios, indoor heated pool, hot tub, and a
redwood sauna. Free continental breakfast. The historic
lodge is both a peaceful sanctuary and a convenient
gateway to the vast number of area recreational
opportunities. From trap shooting and golfing to
waterfall chasing, skiing and shopping, it's all within
reach. Restaurant and Lounge. 4103 Highway B, Land O' Lakes, 54540. Phone: (715)
- Sunrise Lodgeis a four season family resort resort on Lac Vieux Desert in the Nicolet National Forest. We offer 24 units with 1-6 bedrooms featuring fireplaces, full kitchens, central heat, air conditioning, plus much more. Free Wi-Fi. Handicap accessible units. Rental boats available. Restaurant in the lodge is open to the public. 5894 West Shore, Land O' Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 715-547-3684
- MANITOWISH WATERS
- Chippewa Retreat Resort is located on the beautiful banks of Lake Manitowish. The all seasons resort is surrounded by miles and miles of natural scenic beauty ideal for waters ports, excellent fishing, or any type of outdoor activity. We offer our guests a choice of fully equipped accommodations including Lakeside Villas, Lakeview Villas and Treetop Villas. 37 Deer Park Road, Manitowish Waters, WI. 54545. Phone: (715)-715-8111 or (877)-937-3664
- Voss's Birchwood Lodge has been offering the kind of vacation that brings people back year after year. Voss' Birchwood Lodge offers a wide variety of accommodations ranging from guest rooms and suites in the main lodge, guest lodging in cottages with one or two bedrooms, or modern summer home cottages complete with kitchen facilities - all overlooking the bay of Spider Lake in Manitowish Waters, Wisconsin. Restaurant. Seasonal. Voss' Birchwood Lodge, US Hwy 51, P.O. Box 456,
Manitowish Waters, WI 54545
- The Beacons of Minocqua is a four-seasons condominium resort located on the quiet side of Make Minocqua. We offer one, two, and three bedroom condominiums in addition to log cabins, a cottage, and hotel units with unique style. We offer comfortable lodging plus a variety of amenities for a fun-filled vacation. Boat rentals . Free Wi-Fi. Located within 13 acres of pine trees and peaceful shores at 8250 Northern Road, Minocqua, WI 54548. Phone: 715-356-5515 or 800-236-3225
View Inn on Lake Minocqua. Comfortable guest
rooms with a magnificent view of the lake. Sand bottom
swimming area and docking facilities for your boat. Chain
of 5 lakes for fishing. Easy trail access. Close to
shopping, golf, and trails. 8555 Highway 51, Minocqua, WI
54548. Phone: 1-715-356-9610 Toll Free for Reservations:
Western Plus Concord Inn Nestled in the Island City of Minocqua, WI - - is the newly renovated Best Western Plus Concord Inn. Our 100 smoke-free hotel is located downtown and is within walking distance to shops, pubs, restaurants, and night life. We are also across the street from Male Minocqua and Torpy Park/Beach. And we are 100% Trip Advisor Recommended! Like us on Facebook: Best Western Plus Concord Inn. 320 Front
Street, Minocqua, Wisconsin, 54548, Phone: 715-356-1800
- Blue Lake Pines Lodge is located on 10 acres of grounds with 500' of frontage on beautiful Blue Lake. Comfortable newly remodeled lakeside suites. . . perfect for family getaways or a romantic two-person escape. Each 1 or 2 bedroom suite includes a full kitchenette, air conditioning, heat, satellite TV, Wi-Fi Internet access, and a telephone. 7650 Blue Lake Pines Road, Minocqua, WI 54548. Phone: 602-432-3023 or 877-644-4322 toll free
Pines Resort, on Long Lake. Five new/and or
newly remodeled housekeeping cottages on a 1,200 Acre
Chain of 4-Lakes. Traditional Family friendly four-season
lakeside resort. Cottages have a complete kitchen, cable
TV, bathroom with shower, picnic table, & grills.
Boat included. Swimming area with sandy beach,
playground, & lawn chairs. Fish/game cleaning area.
On the snowmobile trail. Located only 1 mile from the
main street in Phillips for shopping and dining. Contact
Person: Ira & Lucy Hartmann. N8885 Cemetery Road.
Phillips, WI 54555. Phone: 715-339-6440.
- PRESQUE ISLE
Resort of Presque Isle on Van Vliet Lake, part of the Presque
Isle Chain of Lakes. 1, 2, & 3 bedroom log
housekeeping cabins and motel units with a view of the
lake. Some cabins have a complete kitchen and
wood-burning fireplace. Sandy beach. Boat & motor
rentals. Main Lodge with fieldstone fireplace, Satellite
TV, game room, and snack shop. Alpine Resort features the
Modified American Plan with breakfast and dinner served
in our lakefront dining room. Easy snowmobile trail
access. Contact Tim & Kim Bowler, 7151 Crab Lake
Road, Presque Isle, WI 5455. Phone: 877-888-6805 or
- Americas Best Value Inn of Rhinelander is located on the shores of the Wisconsin River, close to several local attractions. The Inn offers 42 newly furnished guest rooms with high speed internet access, cable TV, and a complimentary breakfast. Pet rooms. Ample parking. Restaurant nearby. Americas Best Value inn of Rhinelander, 667 W. Kemp Street, Rhinelander, WI 54501. Phone: 715-369-5880
Fireside Resort Clean, comfortable, completely furnished one and two bedroom cottages. Sand beach with gradual slope and swim raft. Lakeside bar and game room. free Wi-Fi. Many activities on site including tennis, shuffleboard, and free se of kayaks, paddleboats, paddleboards, and canoe. 14' boat included with each cottage. Pontoon boat & outboard rental available. Look for us in the southwest bay of Lake George, 4 miles east of Rhinelander, WI.. 4268 County Road P, Rhinelander, WI. 54501.
- Comfort Inn of Rhinelander offers a variety of rooms including family and whirlpool suites. Some rooms offer refrigerators and microwaves. Wi-Fi. Free hot breakfast. Indoor heated pool, spa, and sauna. The Comfort Inn is located within easy walking distance of shops and dining. Pets allowed by permission for a small fee. 1490 Lincoln St., Rhinelander, WI, US, 54501. Phone: (715) 369-1100.
- Days Inn and Suites of Rhinelander in downtown
Rhinelander is a full service hotel with guest rooms and
suites, cable TV, and high-speed internet access. Indoor
heated pool, hot tub, exercise facility, and meeting
center. Elevator. Onsite full service restaurant and
lounge. Pets limited to a maximum of 75 pounds. 70 N
Stevens Street, Rhinelander, Wisconsin, 54501. Phone:
Acres Resort & Motel on Lake Thompson.
Motel guest rooms with coffee makers, microwaves, and
refrigerators; 1-4 bedroom cottages with complete
kitchens and cable TV; and executive vacation homes with
5 or 6 bedrooms. Indoor pool with sauna. Sandy beach.
Meals featuring treats & specialties voted favorites
by generations of guests. Tennis, lake sports, and wooded
trails for hiking and skiing. The Zambon Family's 60-year
four-season resort tradition at Holiday Acres is located
3 miles north of Rhinelander. 4060 S Shore Drive,
Rhinelander, WI 54501. Phone: 715-369-1500 or
Resort on Lake George offers 7 cabins that
sleep 4-6 guests and 4 two-bedroom condo units. Our
cabins include fully equipped kitchens with microwaves
and a living room with cable TV. Some cabins have
fireplaces. A picnic table, weber grill, 14' aluminum
boat, and lawn furniture are also provided with each
unit. Sandy swimming beach. Playground. Open all year
'round for a short getaway or a planned vacation. 4150
Saturit Lane - Lake George, Rhinelander, WI 54501.
Contact John & Ruth McEnroe. Phone: 715-362-3794.
- St. GERMAIN
- Bayview Resort on Little St. Germain Lake. Enjoy our sandy bottom shoreline and fabulous sunsets. 5 two- bedroom waterfront cottages and a 3 bedroom vacation home. Cable TV. In-room phones. Picnic table & charcoal grill. Level frontage with swim raft. 1330 Halberstadt Road, St. Germain WI 54558. Phone: (715) 479-5778 or Phone: (800) 563-4340
Bear Lodge on Little St. Germain Lake offers a
variety of accommodations along our lakeshore. We have
2-bedroom Lodge Homes with 2 bathrooms, a stone gas
fireplace and fantastic lake view; 1, 2, & 3-bedroom
Cottages; and 1-bedroom suites with a private bedroom.
Lounge, and gift shop. Two sand beaches, swim rafts,
playground. Modern amenities and year round outdoor
activities including fishing, boating, swimming and
snowmobiling (Bo Boen Pitstop #1). High-speed internet
access. 1330 Halberstadt Rd. St. Germain, WI 54558.
Phone: 800-563-4340 or 715-479-5778
Cedaroma Lodge on Little St. Germain Lake offers 7 lakeside cottages with 1,2, or 3 bedrooms. Enjoy 275’ of sandy, level beach. Excellent swimming, fish cleaning house, piers, rowboats, canoe, kayak, SUP, Sunfish sailboat, bicycles and playground. Cable TV & Wi-Fi included. Stay where Fun is in our Nature, year round! Some pet friendly units. Find us at 1011 Cedaroma Drive at Highway 70, St. Germain, Wisconsin 54558. Phone: 715-479-1040. New Owners
Hours Resort on Little St. Germain Lake offers
10 vacation homes with 2-5 bedrooms, full kitchens. and
fireplaces and 1 smaller traditional cottage only 25 ft
from the lake. Most vacation homes have 2 bathrooms, A/C,
deck, washer/dryer, and a dishwasher. Beach has nice
sandy bottom for swimming. Swim raft. Summer water skiing
included. We have 14' rowboats, canoes, kayaks, and
paddle boats for our guests to use. Pontoon boat and
motor rentals. Wireless internet access on premise.
Sorry, no pets. 7403 E Birchwood Dr. St. Germain, WI
54558. Phone: 715-542-3765 or 800-221-7699
Landing Resort on Pickerel Lake offers 8 fully
equipped cottages with 2 & 3 bedrooms, fully equipped
kitchens, microwaves, Direct TV, and a 14' aluminum boat.
Motors are available for rent. Pickerel Lake is ideal for
fishing and swimming. Live bait sold on premise. Sit
around the campfire and enjoy the outstanding Pickerel
Lake sunsets. Our game room has a pool table, pinball and
video games for family fun. Our playground includes
swings, badminton, horseshoes and volleyball. 6978
Pickerel Lake Road, St. Germain, WI 54558. Phone:
Manor Lodge offers 38 deluxe guest rooms with
coffee makers, refrigerators, and cable TV. Free
breakfast buffet with hot rolls and waffles. High-speed
wireless internet access. Large indoor swimming pool and
hot tub spa. Hospitality room. Handicap accessible rooms.
Pets rooms available with advanced reservations. Grills
and large outdoor picnic area. Playground. Gift Shop.
Heated garage for snowmobile repairs. 6343 Hwy 70 East,
St. Germain, WI 54558. Phone: 715-479-9776 or
Bay Resort & Condominiums on Little St.
Germain Lake offers 2 and 3 bedroom Vacation Homes located on the beach and 4 townhomes with 2 bath, A/C and washer/dryer. Vacation homes feature spacious living rooms with cable TV, stone wood-burning or gas fireplaces, full size bathrooms, full kitchens, and thermostatically controlled heat. 600' sand beach with boat ramp and dockage. 14' aluminum boat provided upon request. Tennis court, Gift Shop, and Playground. On the Bo-Boen Snowmobile Trail. 1276 Halberstadt Road, St. Germain, WI 54558. Phone: 715-479-8866 or 866-206-8866.
- St. Germain Bed and Breakfast. Friendly, comfortable 4 level home situated on 3 acres of wooded land. Three different uniquely decorated rooms with private baths. Full country breakfast. The Great Room offers TV, VRC, DVD & stereo, movies to watch, microwave, fridge & wet bar. Great for family reunions or small business getaways. 6255 Highway 70 E, St. Germain, WI 54558. Phone: 715-479-8007 or toll free: 800-479-8007
Waters Resort on Big St. Germain Lake offers 6
deluxe 1, 2, & 3 bedroom lakeside cottages with cable
TV with VCR player and full kitchens. Most cottages have
fireplaces. Screened porches overlook the lake. All
cottages have a private pier, picnic tables, and charcoal
grills. Sandy beach for swimming. Playground and game
room. Great fishing. Snowmobile or cross country ski from
the cottage door. 8560 Inlet Road, St Germain, WI 54558.
Lodge offers 30 comfortable Guest Rooms and Suites located on the ground floor. Rooms have cable TV, microwave, refrigerator, and private outdoor patio. Some rooms with a gas-fireplace. Heated indoor swimming pool, spa and exercise room. Complementary continental breakfast. High speed wireless internet. The perfect combination of warm hospitality and atmosphere, all in the quiet of the Northwoods. Come golf, fish, bike, snowmobile, ski... or dine, shop and relax. 8918 St. Hwy 70 West. St. Germain, WI 54558. Phone: 800-236-0460.
The Northwoods Chapter of the
Wisconsin Hotel & Lodging Association
- THREE LAKES
- Northernaire Resort is located on Deer Lake, part of the Three Lakes / Eagle River Chain of Lakes where guests will find 4 seasons of family fun. The Northernaire Resort offers 1, 2, & 3 bedroom fully furnished condos, cabins, and vacation homes. Free Wi-Fi. Indoor pool & hot tub, tennis court, bar & lounge. 699 Bengs Road, Three Lakes, WI 54562. Phone: 715-546-2700
Village Inn in downtown Three Lakes offers 47
deluxe motel rooms with cable TV, individual heat &
A/C, phones, and wake up calls. Our Cathedral domed
dining room offers a variety of delicious entrees and the
Copper Topped cocktail lounge is a great spot for
relaxing. Banquet Hall with bar, fireplace, and dance
floor seats 200 guests. Catering available for special
events. Freshwater lakes, rivers and streams, boating,
water sports, fishing, hiking, biking, and snowmobiling
are just minutes from your door. 1785 Superior Street
Three Lakes, WI 54562. Phone: 715-546-3373 or
- Potawatomi: Carter Casino and Hotel. Lodging, gambling, dining, conference facilities and more. 99 guest rooms and suites and 10 RV parking spaces. Indoor Pool, Jacuzzi, and Sauna.We offer a Sports Bar and Grill, the Springs Restaurant, plus your favorite games. 618 670 State Highway 32, Wabeno, WI 54566. Phone: (715) 473-2021 or (800) 487-9522
Here for a map showing
the location of the above towns in Northern
Welcomes you to Northern Wisconsin
We offer a wide variety of accommodations in the northwoods of Northern Wisconsin
A peaceful land of woods and waters
Enjoy a Vacation in Wisconsin!
The Northern Wisconsin
Traveler Home Page
Photo Credit: Exploring the North
Copyright 2008 by Char Simons,
webmaster. All Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under
the Copyright Act of 1976, as amended, this web site may not
be reproduced in whole or in part in any manner. Unless
authorized by the webmaster, reproduction of any picture,
web page or pages on this website,
www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on the internet is
a copyright infringement. All right, title and interest in
and to the material on these web pages, the web site, in
whole or in part, and in and to this url and the urls
contained within, is the property of the webmaster. All
website design, text, graphics, selection and arrangement
thereof are the copyrighted works of Char Simons. Web site
created on an Apple G-4