Lodging, Resorts, Cabins,
Cottages, B&B's and Campgrounds
by AuTrain Lake, the Au Train River, Lake Superior,
or in the Hiawatha National Forest just south of
AuTrain is located in the Hiawatha
National Forest, just 8 miles west of Munising Michigan,
Grand Island, and the Western Entrance to the Pictured Rocks
Businesses in AuTrain include Antique
Shops, Charter Fishing,
Canoe, Kayak, & Boat Rentals with Shuttle Service, Restaurants, and Guided Hunts
LODGING AT OR NEAR AuTRAIN, MICHIGAN (Most lodgings are on AuTrain Lake or the AuTrain River.)
- Au Train Lake Museum Cottage, N6915 Forest Lake Road AuTrain, Michigan 49806. Phone: 510-919-0688. The rustic cedar Museum Cottage is fully outfitted and ideal for one or two guests. Fireplace with gas log, WI-FI, and a complete kitchen.
Lake Cottage, E5403 North Shore
Road, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone: 906-892-8147. Two bedroom
furnished cottage on AuTrain Lake. Full kitchen, cable
TV, deck with lawn furniture, grill, and a fire pit for
bonfires. Sand beach with a fishing boat ane motor,
paddleboat, and a canoe included with the cottage rental.
June through September.
River Cabin, N7163 Forest Lake Road, Au Train,
MI 49806. Phone: 906-892-8367. Furnished cabin
overlooking the AuTrain River. Kitchen and
family room. Large deck with grill, picnic table and deck
chairs. Dock. Sand beach with good
swimming. On the Trails.
- Au Train River Cottages: Five cottages by the Au Train River near Munising and the Pictured Rocks. Cottages have 1, 2, and 4 bedrooms with Wi-Fi. Flat lawn leads to 300 feet of river frontage for swimming, fishing, and relaxing. Canoe included with rental. Easy access to ATV and Snowmobile Trails. Pet Friendly. Open Year Round. N7123 Au Train-Forest Lake Road. Phone: 906-364-8110
- Buckhorn Resort:
Motel and Lodges in the Hiawatha National
Forest offers 2 fully equipped spacious lodges and a 20
unit motel. On the snowmobile & ATV trails. Lodges sleep
from 6 to 22. Motel rooms have microwaves, refrigerators and
coffee makers. Restaurant and Lounge. Gas. N3919 Buckhorn Drive, Munising,
MI 49862. Phone 906-387-3559.
Resort, N-7017 AuTrain/Forest Lake Road,
AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone: 906-892-8455. Lodging overlooking AuTrain Lake at Bear and Fox Cabins. Bear Cabin has 2 bedrooms with a screened porch and sleeps up to 4. Fox Cabin has 1 bedroom and sleeps up to 2. Heat & Air-conditioners Fully equipped kitchens. Cable TV, WI-FI. Picnic tables and charcoal grills. 100' of sand beach on AuTrain Lake for swimming, boating, fishing, or sitting in the sand.
- Paddlers Village, located on the shores of Lake Superior 3 miles west of Munising, offers rentals of 16â€™ & 20â€™ Yurts, Camping Cabins, and Platform Tents with electric lighting, Wi-Fi, and small refrigerators. The ideal spot for kayakers, canoeists, paddle boarders, hikers, and outdoor lovers. Showers, restrooms, grills, picnic tables, and fire rings. 1/3 mile of sandy beach is adjacent to the Village for
all to en
joy. Reservations required. Paddlers Village, N7793 Scrooges Alley, Christmas, MI. Phone: 906-387-1695 or
- Superior Times Resort and Campground on AuTrain Lake, AuTrain,
Michigan. (906) 362-9612. 1-2-3-4 bedroom
housekeeping cottages, all with views of the lake. Some cottages have fireplaces. Wooded campground with electric and rustic sites. Game room and store with bait shop. Sandy beach for swimmimg. Fish cleaning house.
Playground. Open year round. On the snowmobile and ATV trails. Pets welcome.
- The Tree House
Cottage Rental on the AuTrain River, N7119
Perry Road, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone toll free:
800-720-0410. This newly remodeled three-bedroom rental
cottage has a complete kitchen, laundry, and a living
area with a custom built wood burning fireplace. Large
deck overlooks the AuTrain River and the sand bottomed
beach is shallow and perfect for children. 4 kayaks
included for paddling down the river. Pets welcome with
- Timber Ridge Inn, N4045 Buckhorn Road, Munising, Michigan 49862, Phone (906) 387-3790.
All 9 suites have individual decks overlooking Hovey Lake in the heart of the Hiawatha National Forest.
- Winter Dreamland is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom vacation home in Christmas, Michigan. Large living room and family room by the kitchen. 2 Cable TVs. Wi-Fi. ATV and snowmobile trails across the street. 3 miles from Munising and the Pictured Rocks, Boat Cruises, and Grand Island and 7 miles to the sandy Lake Superior Beach in AuTrain. Winter Dreamland, E7918 State Hwy M-28, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: 906-202-0410 or 906-251-8489.
LODGING ON LAKE SUPERIOR
- Beachcomber's Cottage is located about 16 miles west of AuTrain on the sandy shores of Lake Superior. The cottage has two bedrooms and is nestled in the woods by the lake. The living area has patio doors that open onto the deck, a wonderful spot to relax and enjoy the beauty of Lake Superior. Cobblestone path to the sandy beach and a beach deck near the water. Beachcomberâ€™s Cottage, Highway M-28, Marquette, MI, 49855.
; Phone: 206-937-1276.
Shelter Bay Resort and Charter Fishing on Lake
Superior, E3216 Highway M-28, AuTrain, MI
49806. Phone: 906-892-8277.
Located on the shores of Lake Superior, Kimar's Resort
features 2, 3, and 4 bedroom housekeeping cottages and a
3-bedroom mobile home. Linens provided. 300' sandy beach,
picnic tables, grills, and fire pit for your campfires.
Lots of room for your boat and snowmobile trailers. Boat
ramp. Direct access to snowmobile trails. Kimar's
Charters offers trolling, casting, and jigging fishing
trips on Lake Superior to the Shelter Bay Flats, the Big
Reef, and Stannard Rock. Pets welcome.
Log Lodge on Lake Superior. Phone:
906-202-1914. Log Vacation Home has 4 bedrooms with 3. Full kitchen. Great
room has a wood stove, satellite TV with surround sound,
a DVD player, and sirius radio. Laundry room. Decks
overlook Lake Superior for outstanding views and amazing
sunsets. Heated garage. N7865 Sunset Road off Highway
M-28, AuTrain, MI 49806. Easy snowmobile and ORV trail
Cove, 906-387-1617. Upper and Lower Coach House. On 150' of Lake Superior Beach. Sleeps 6-8 guests. Complete kitchens, Cable T.V. 3-day minimum. Pet friendly. Easy ATV and Snowmobile Trail access. Guided Ice-Fishing Trips.
- Yule Log
Resort, Highway M-28 3 miles west of Munising,
in Christmas, MI. 906-387-3184. 8 Housekeeping cabins on
the shores of Lake Superior. Cable TV. Free Wi-Fi. View of Grand Island. Sandy
beaches for swimming
AuTrain Beach Resort and Campground offers modern camping in Yurts, Platform Tents, Native American Tip, and rustic campsites for your tent, Wi-Fi, Shower house, and solar powered lighting. Located on Highway M-28 about 1 mile west of the blinking light on M-28 in AuTrain and across the road from a sandy beach on Lake Superior. Easy to reach: only 12 miles west of Munising and 20 miles east of Marquette on High
way M-28. Phone: 906-250-1786
- Paddlers Village, located on the shores of Lake Superior 3 miles west of Munising, offers rentals of 16â€™ & 20â€™ Yurts, Camping Cabins, and Platform Tents with electric lighting, Wi-Fi, and small refrigerators. The ideal spot for kayakers, canoeists, paddle boarders, hikers, and outdoor lovers. Showers, restrooms, grills, picnic tables, and fire rings. 1/3 mile of sandy beach is adjacent to the Village for all to enjoy. Reserv
uired. Paddlers Village. N7793 Scrooges Alley, Christmas, MI. Phone: 906-387-1695
AuTrain Lake Rustic
Campground, 4 miles south of AuTrain
on FR-H-03 and east on FR 2276 in the Hiawatha
National Forest. Rustic camping with 37 large
wooded sites on the lake with sand swimming beach,
boat ramp, picnic tables, etc.
No reservations: first-come, first-served.
Put your canoe in at the campground for a wonderful
paddle across the lake and down the AuTrain River
to Lake Superior. Canoes and Kayaks can be rented
BEAR TRAP INN near the Pictured Rocks in Munising serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Stop in for family dining and your favorite beverage. Hot homemade pasties made daily. Food, spirits, and fun! Located 8 miles east of Munising on M-58 at the Corner of H-58 and H-15. Phone: 906-452-6364.
Duck Pond Eatery and Beer Garden in Christmas Michigan is a great spot for kayakers and visitors to the area. We feature burgers, whitefish, sandwiches, salads and more plus a nice selection of beer made in Michigan. Large screen TV. Beer Garden with outdoor seating and a stage for local musicians. E 7974 W M-28. Phone: 906-387-1689. Open daily at 11 am
Songbird Trail at the AuTrain
Lake Campground: Hike along the Songbird Trail
that begins at campsite 11. Pick up your Songbird Trail kit
from the Campgroud Host and enjoy your hike while you learn
the birds by their song. Beach, picnic tables, boat ramp,
and the Songbird Trail are open to the public for everyone
Waterfalls in Alger
County: The area around Munising in Alger County
has delightful waterfalls for visitors to enjoy. Two
waterfalls can be viewed from your car, others are a short
stroll through the woods on an easy path, while a few
require a serious hike into the woods.
Lodging in the Hiawatha National Forest
just south of AuTrain
B&B, Cabins, Cottages, Motels, and Lodges on lakes,
streams, or in the forest
Antiques, Rocks, Minerals, Fossils, & Specimens, PO Box 99, N7017 AuTrain Lake Road,
AuTrain, MI 49806. (906) 892-8455. Depression Glass, China,
Books, Magazines, Items from the 40's, 50's and 60's, Lamps,
Pottery, Pictures, Munising Ware and much more.
Canoe, Kayak, Boat, Motor, &
Pontoon Boat Rentals, Packages, and Tours:
Adventure Vacation Packages. All inclusive packages for fun in the Munising area. Guided paddling tour at the Pictured Rocks, stay at Paddlers Village, eat at the Duck Pond Eatery and Beer Garden, take a dinner cruise, plus much more. Two packages available. Phone: 906-387-1695.
River Canoe and Kayak
Rentals. Rent canoes
and kayaks for paddling on AuTrain Lake and the AuTrain
River. Enjoy a leisurely paddle from the South Bridge to the
North Bridge (Doucette Bridge) or tackle AuTrain Lake and
then relax on the river. Rentals of 15' & 17' canoes;
10', 12' & 14 ' single person kayaks; or a double kayak.
Livery service. Curley's Canoes, N7163 Forest Lake Road, AuTrain, MI 49806
Contact Mike at
Pictured Rocks Guided Sea Kayak Tours, Munising, Michigan. Enjoy the stunning beauty of the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore from the water. We offer a variety of guided sea kayak tours for all ages and experience levels. All kayaking gear included. Uncle Ducky Paddling Michigan Shop, 1331 West M-28, Munising MI 49855. Phone: 906-387-1695
Relaxing Vacation Package: Pictured Rocks Criuise, Grand Island Cruise, and Yurt Stay
- Charter Fishing on Lake
Charter Fishing and Shelter Bay Resort on Lake
Superior. E3216 Highway M-28, AuTrain, MI 49806.
Phone: 906-892-8277. Located on
the shores of Lake Superior, Kimar's Charters offers
trolling, casting, and jigging trips on Lake Superior to the
Shelter Bay Flats, the Big Reef, and Stannard Rock. Kimar's
Resort features housekeeping cottages
and a 3-bedroom mobile home. 300' sandy beach. Lots of room
for your trailers. Boat ramp.
- CONVENIENCE STORE & GAS. Located on
Highway M-28, in Christmas, MI between the White Pine Lodge
and the Kewadin Casino. Easy trail access for Snowmobiles
and ATV's. Open 24 hours daily.
- Lake Superior Cruises:
Pictured Rocks, P.O. Box 355, Munising,
Michigan 49862, Phone 906/387-2379. Take a 2 1/2-3 hour
cruise along Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. Special
Sunset Cruise. Discover the wonders of the Pictured Rocks
from your cruise boat on Lake Superior. Cruises from
Memorial Day to Oct. 10. Cruises leave from Munising City
Grand Island Sunset Dinner Cruise Around Grand Island in Christmas, Michigan. See cliffs, waterfalls, caves, lighthouses, amazing arches, and wildlife as you cruise around Grand Island on the Uncle Ducky cataraman. Meet at 5pm at the Duck Pond Eatery next to Paddlers Village for dinner and the cruise. E7974 W HWY M-28, Christmas, MI. Phone: 906-387-1695
Pictured Rocks Cruises Vacation Package. Relax and enjoy the Pictured Rocks Lakeshore, Grand Island, and the sandy Lake Superior Beach on Lake Superior, while camping in a modern yurt at the AuTrain Beach Campground. This Relaxing Vacation Package includes the Pictured Rocks Cruise, a Sunset Dinner Cruise ar
ound Grand Island, dinner at the Duck Pond, and two nights staying in a yurt by the sandy Lake Superior beach where you can relax and sit in the sand, have a campfire, or stroll along the water.. Uncle Ducky Paddling Michigan Shop, 1331 West M-28, Munising MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-1695
Tour on Munising
Bay where you can see Lake Superior Shipwrecks in the
Alger Underwater Preserve from a Glass-Bottomed Boat.
Scuba dive the shipwrecks. Captain Peter Lindquist, 1204
Commercial St., Munising, MI 49862.
Rental of new model Ski-Doo snowmobiles in Alger County, the
Snowmobiling Capital of the Midwest. Heavy lake effect snow.
Snowmobile in every direction. On the trail. E 10160 Highway
M-28, Wetmore, MI 49895. Phone
- Hiawatha Ski Doo Snowmobile Rental. Located Just South of Wetmore on NF 13 at White Fawn Lodge in the Center of Snow Country. We Rent Ski Doo Single and 2Person Snowmobiles and Helmets. We are a Full Service Outfitter with Cabin and Lodge Rentals, snacks, gas, oil. Please Click the Link to Reserve Online Today or call 906-235-7494 for More Info.
Swimming Beach and Picnic Area
at the AuTrain Lake Campground south of M-28
at the campground. Picnic table and grills. Boat ramp.
Sandy beach on Lake Superior at the junction of
M-28 and Forest Lake Road. Restrooms.
ATTRACTONS AND RECREATION
Click here for a complete
listing on the Area Attractions
Charter Fishing, Cruises, Scuba Diving, Snowmobile Rentals
plus much more
E-Mail for more
Towns and Cities
Back to the Upper
Exploring the North Home
Photo: AuTrain beach on M-28 at Forest Lake Road.
Lodging accommodations Au Train Michigan.
Cabins cottages, resorts, vacation homes on AuTrain Lake,
the AuTrain River, and Lake Superior. Canoe rentals, canoe
the Au Train River, go dogsledding, scuba diving,
snorkeling, and antiques near AuTrain MI