Lodgings: Resorts, Motels, Hotels,
Cabins, Cottages, Bed & Breakfasts, Lodges, Campgrounds,
and Vacation Homes in the Upper Peninsula of
Places to Eat in the Upper Peninsula
This is Page 4 (N-S)
Towns and Cities of the Upper Peninsula for specific
Peninsula Weather Forecasts
Click Here to
Search our Site
- Newberry Quality Inn and Suites welcomes you! Located at the junction of M-28 & M-123. Centrally located to area attractions, fast food, family dining, and gas stations. Snowmobile trail access, large parking area, and snowmobile rentals onsite! We offer a full hot breakfast and feature a large indoor hot tub and sauna. Make your reservations today by calling direct at (906)293-3218 or (888)300-SNOW. Book onlineat QualityInn.com.
N6360 Perch Lake Road, Munising, MI 49862. Phone:
906-387-5259. Two bedroom cabin with one bathroom in a
wooded area with access to Perch Lake. Full kitchen,
laundry, dish TV, VCR, and wood stove to keep you cozy.
Handicap accessible. Private beach on Perch Lake with
dock and sandy shallow beach for the children. Good
fishing. On the snowmobile trail with ATV trails and
cross country ski trails nearby. Pets with special
- Northern Lights Campground in Republic offers 11 RV sites with water and electric service and 12 sites with water available for tent camping. Some sites are handicap accessible. Sites have fire pits and a picnic table. Vault toilets. RV dump station. Located on Park City Road between the Michigamme River and School Lake and near the south entrance to the Iron Ore Heritage Trail. Daily, week
ly, and monthly rates. Contact the Republic Township Hall at 906-376-8827 for reservations.
- North Shore Cabins. Two cozy two-room cabins on the shores of Muskallonge Lake, 27 miles north of Newberry in Deer Park, MI. Kitchen-dining area and a bedroom with a double bed and bunks. Sandy beach. Paddle boat for fun on the lake. Wi-Fi. Great fishing and agate hunting. Near Lake Superior. North Shore Cabins, 30840 Muskallonge Trail, Deer Park, MI. Phone: 906-658-3598
- North Shore Campground is located on Lac Vieux Desert near the border between Land O’ Lakes, Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The campground offers 42 sites with electric and water hook-ups in a wooded area by the lake. Sand bottomed beach with docks for your boat. Modern shower house. Wi-Fi. Laundromat. Camp Store. 3-bedroom cabin and 2-bedroom RV for rent. Pets Welcome. North Shore Campground, Misery Bay Road,Watersmeet, MI Pho
- North Shore
Cottage, Tamarack Waterworks Road, Calumet, MI
49913. Phone 906-337-3127. Located 3.5 miles from Calumet
on the shores of Lake Superior. Housekeeping cottage with
extra amenities sleeps up to 6. Open year round. Trout
stream runs along side of cottage
- Northwoods Resort and Vacation Apartments on Portage Lake 5 miles south of Houghton in the Keweenaw Peninsula. Wonderful sand bottom beach is ideal for swimming and shallow for the children. Large dock and sundeck. Great fishing! Summer rental units and one unit available for winter rentals. Wi-Fi. Cable TV. Pets Welcome. Northwoods Resort, 45190 US Highway 41, Chassell, MI 49916. Phone: 906-487-619
Trails Cabins, 1 mile east of
Raco, MI on Highway M-28. Phone: 906-248-3460. Located in
the Hiawatha National Forest in the Eastern Upper
Peninsula. Two 2 bedroom cabins with
fully equipped kitchens and living room/dining area which includes a sleeper sofa. The cabins are ideal for up to 6 people. Large parking lot for trailers. Across from ATV and snowmobile trails. Great riding in the Hiawatha National Forest.
- The Orchard House has 3-bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and all the comforts of home. Located on 5 acres of land with the trails at the end of the driveway, the Orchard House is perfect for your vacation. 2 flat screen TVs with DVD, HBO, & ESPN. Wireless Internet. Complete kitchen with a dishwasher. Washer and Dryer. Attached garage. Sleeps up to 10 guests. 1 mile east of Munising on M-28 and 1 block north. E9431 Orchard Street. Munising, MI 49862
Phone: 906-387-3771 or Cell: 906-202-1725.
- Ojibwa Campground and Marina is located on the shoreline of Keweenaw Bay by Highway US-41 on the north side of Baraga. The campground offers 50 wooded and lakefront sites with electricity, water, a picnic table, and fire pit. There are restrooms with showers, RV dump station, a playground, and a pavilion for events. Sandy swimming beach. The Marina offers rental slips and a boat launch for great fishing o
r boating on Keweenaw Bay of Lake Superior. The nearby Historic Sand Point Lighthouse is not open but you can walk on the grounds. Ojibwa Recreation Area, 101 Lighthouse Road, Baraga, MI. Phone: 906-353-6955 or 906-201-4174
Lake Campground is located on 92 acres in Munising, Michigan surrounded by the beautiful Hiawatha National Forest
and just minutes from Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. While visiting our campground, spend time enjoying the picturesque
views and serenity of Otter Lake or take advantage of the close proximity to off-road trails. That's right, Otter Lake Campground
has direct access to the Upper Peninsula's off-road trail system. Looking for an afternoon of shopping or a dinner out? Our
campground is just minutes from Downtown Munising where you can find coffee shops, gift shops, breweries and restaurants.
Whether you're looking for adventure or tranquility, Otter Lake Campground can meet your needs! Open April through October.
E 7609 Otter Lake Road, Munising, MI. Phone: 855-723-3662.
- Our Place Up North on Powell Lake in the Hiawatha National Forest is a 3-bedroom vacation home near Munising. The living area has a wood-burning fireplace, Satellite TV, and Wi-Fi. The house has 2 bathrooms and is air conditioned. Nice shallow sand bottomed beach is fun for the whole family. Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access. Only a short distance to the Pictured Rocks, waterfalls, and many attractions. Small pets welcome. Our Place Up North, Po
well Lake Road, Wetmore, MI 49895. Phone: 614-875-4987.
- Paddler's Inn in Christmas, Michigan offers 8 newly redecorated rooms and suites on 6 acres of wooded land next to the Hiawatha National Forest. Guest rooms have queen or double beds, Cable TV, and coffee in each room. Secluded grassy area behind motel with a grill, picnic table, horseshoes, and a fire pit. Near restaurants, gift shops, gas, a convenience store, and the casino. Easy access to the ATV trail
s. Christmas Motel, E7621 W M-28, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: (906) 387-7100
- Paddler's Village. Modern camping on the shores of Lake Superior 3 miles west of Munising. Rentals of 16’ & 20’ Yurts, Camping Cabins, and Platform Tents with electric lighting, Wi-Fi, and small refrigerators. The ideal spot for kayakers, canoeists, paddle boarders, hikers, and outdoor lovers. Showers, restrooms, grills, picnic tables, and fire rings. 1/3 mile of sandy beach is adjacent to the Village for all to enjoy. Reservatio
ns required. Paddlers Village. N7793 Scrooges Alley, Christmas, MI. Phone: 906-387-1695
- Paradise Inn
Motel, Highway M-123, Paradise, MI 49768.
Phone 906-492-3940 or 1-800-654-2000. Located at the
junction of Highway M-123 and Whitefish Point Road in
Paradise. 36 modern spacious rooms, including 2 jacuzzi
suites and 2 handicap rooms. Continental breakfast,
remote control color TVs, guest laundry. Direct access to
the trails. Large parking area for trailers.
- Paradise Shores Cabins, 8442 N. Whitefish Point Road, Paradise, MI Phone 906-492-3320. Modern log housekeeping cabins on Lake Superior, some with fireplaces.
On the ATV & snowmobile trails.
Sandy beach, DirecTV. Wi-Fi. Open year round
Motel, 7511 State Highway M-123, (South Newberry Avenue) Newberry MI 49868, 40 clean comfortable rooms with queen sized beds, some with kitchenettes. Large indoor heated pool. Cable TV with HBO and Cinemax, AC. Open year round. Snowmobile from your door. Phone: 906-293-8342 or 800-832-5216. Now merged with the Evening Star Motel next door for additional accommodations. Large yard with grills for cooking a meal or relaxing.
Oven Pasty Shop & Mail Order is located at
W-7270 Highway U.S.2, near the stoplight in Quinnesec
Michigan, just 4 miles east of Iron Mountain, MI. Phone:
906-776-0990 or toll free 800-753-5257. Eat in our dining
area or pick up some delicious pasties for a picnic or to
eat anytime. Mail order so you can enjoy a taste of the
Upper Peninsula in your own home. Baked fresh every day
at our USDA plant in Florence we offer a variety of
pasties including the traditional Cornish pasty,
breakfast pasty, vegetable pasty, and mini pastys
&endash; great for appetizers or a party.
- Peterson’s Cottages and Vacation Home are located on the Lake Superior shoreline, 15 miles from the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park. Cottages have 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms and are nestled in a wooded area. The cottages are fully equipped with a kitchen, cable TV, Wi-Fi, and air conditioning. Fireplaces in most cottages and in the Vacation Home. Handicap accessible cottage. Easy trail access. Phone: 906-884-4230
- Pine Crest
Resort, 12199 Pine Crest Lane, Republic,
Michigan, 49879. Phone: 906-376-8237 or Cell:
906-371-0090. Remote lakeside cottages on the Michigamme
River and Juncob Lake. Pine Crest offers outstanding
northern style accommodations for all. Located in a
beautiful 150 year old white pine plantation, the two
cottages and three log cabins sleep up to 20. Exceptional
ammenities. Fireplace in 1 cabin. Pets Welcome. On the
- R Cabins are located only 25 miles north of Iron Mountain and offer a duplex log cabin and four one bedroom cabins with kitchens that sleep from 4-6 guests. Each duplex unit has 2 bedrooms, a kitchen area, and a gas fireplace. Connecting door between the two units for large groups. Wireless Internet Service. Located in the Copper Country State Forest for hunting and near Sawyer Lake, the Michigamme
Reservoir, and many other lakes for fishing and boating. Snowmobile & ATV trail access. Bait Shop with fishing supplies. Pets welcome. N12178 Highway M-95, Channing, MI 49815. Phone: 906-542-6995.
- Rainbow Lodge
at the Mouth of the Two Hearted
River. 32752 County Road 423, Newberry, MI
49868. (906) 658-3357. Located at the mouth of the Big
Two Hearted River, overlooking Lake Superior. New Cabins available for weekly rental. Kitchens with cooking and eating utensils, gas lights, and atomatic gas heat. Rustic Camping Cabin (3-Night minimum). Reservations at 906-658-3357. 32 miles
from Newberry, 35 miles from Paradise. 12 miles of dirt
road. This is wilderness
country. On the ATV trails.
- River Road RV Park, Campground, and Bunkhouse. 600 River Road, Ontonagon, MI 49953. Phone: 906-884-4600. Year Round camping by the Ontonagon River. 30 full hookups, pull through sites, and tent sites. Wi-Fi. Shower Room (handicap accessible) with hot showers and heated floor, Dump station, Laundry Room, Playground, and a Bunk House that sleeps up to 8 guests “dorm style”. Lake Superior water access. Loca
ted only 15 minutes from the Porcupine Mountains State Park. Many ATV, ORV, Multiuse, Snowmobile, and Equestrian trails in the County. Pets Welcome (Horses can be accommodated.)
- Riverview Resort and Marina, Barbeau, MI, 20 miles south of the Soo. 4 two-bedroom housekeeping cabins with full kitchens and freeWi-Fi. All cabins look out on the St. Mary's River with an excellent view of passing freighters. Located halfway between Sault Ste. Marie and DeTour Village at the north end of Munuscong Bay. Excellent fishing. Deepwater Marina with r
ental dock space, launch, and a variety of services. 17999 S Scenic Drive, Barbeau, Michigan 49710. Phone 906-647-3033
- Sand and Stars Resort and Motel on Big Manistique Lake in Curtis, Michigan offers five 2-3 bedroom rental cabins, and a 4-unit motel for overnight guests or a short stay. The family friendly resort is newly renovated with new furnishings and flooring. Shallow, sandy bottomed swimming area and dock on South Manistique Lake. Enjoy swimming, fishing, and water sports. Boat r
entals available at the resort. Sand and Stars Resort and Motel, N8694 County Road H-33, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone: (906) 477-6845 or (906) 420-2848
- Sand Hills
Lighthouse Inn Bed & Breakfast, 5 Mile
Point Road, Ahmeek, MI (906-337-1744) on Lake Superior. 8
rooms with bath, furnished in Victorian style, fireplace
in lounge, great views from the lighthouse tower. See an
original fresnel lens, nautical lighthouse artifacts,
enjoy the many antiques, oil paintings and photographs.
Lighthouse tour daily. Sand Hills is the largest
lighthouse built on the Great Lakes.
- Saunder's Sunrise
Cabins, Whitefish Point Road,
Paradise, MI Phone or fax 1-906-492-3378. Fully
equipped housekeeping cottages on the shore of Lake
Superior, Two miles north of Paradise on Whitefish Point
Phone: 906-387-2112. Cozy 2 bedroom cabin on the shores
of Powell Lake in the Hiawatha National Forest. Complete
kitchen, wood stove, sandy beach for swimming, and good
fishing in Powell Lake or other nearby lakes. Near
Munising, the Pictured Rocks, Grand Island, Lake Superior
cruises, and wonderful recreational opportunities. A
peaceful setting for enjoying the Northwoods without the
blare of a TV or phone. Pets with prior approval.
Seasonal June through September.
- Seney Wilderness Lodge is a 2-bedroom vacation home located on the Manistique River by the south entrance to the Seney National Wildlife Refuge in Germfask, Michigan. This outstanding log lodge is situated on 6 acres of land with 1,400 feet of waterfront on the Manistique River. The lodge has a fireplace, central AC, modern kitchen with a dishwasher, and a washer and dryer. Relax on the deck overlooking the river. Rental include
s a 16’ boat on South Manistique Lake. Phone: 906-586-6601
Cabin on Nevins
Nevins Lake Road, Shingleton, MI 49884. Phone:
978-547-8195. Located just south of the Pictured Rocks
National Lakeshore in the Lake Superior State Forest
between Munising and Grand Marais. Three bedroom log
cabin with loft and a full and half bath. Great room with
cathedral ceiling, fully equipped kitchen, and wonderful
view of Nevins Lake. Sleeps up to 8. Sandy beach with
swim raft and crystal clear water. Easy access to
- Shoreline Resort, located on the shores of Lake Superior in Eagle Harbor, offers a 8 unit Motel, a 2-bedroom cabin, and a 3-bedroom apartment. All accommodations have a wonderful view of Lake Superior. Wi-Fi. Cable TV. Sandy beach. Canoe, kayaks, and a paddle boat available. Pets Welcome. Shoreline Resort, 122 Front Street, Eagle Harbor, MI 49950. Phone: 906-28
- Sno Shu
Inn, Six cozy
housekeeping cabins with wood stoves, an apartment, and an Inn for groups from 2 to 20. Located in the center of the Eastern Upper Peninsula with hiking, ATV, and
snowmobile trails on the National Forest land across the
road. 10770 South Hulbert Road, Hulbert,
MI 49748. 906-876-2324
- Sound of the Wind and the Trees RV Campsites in Christmas. Within walking distance of Lake Superior, the casino, gas, and places to eat. Two 40’ x 60” sites. Wi-Fi, Easy Access, 20-30-50 amp service, Picnic table, Water, Septic hook-up. Nightly, Weekly, Seasonal. Only a few miles from the Pictured Rocks Lakeshore. E8000 Jingle Bell Lane, Christmas, MI. Phone: 906-450-
Lake Cabins Seven
fully equipped modern housekeeping cabins, 1-2-3
bedrooms, on the north shore of South Manistique Lake.
Boat included with cabin, nice swimming area. Fish house,
live well, and freezer service. On the ATV trail.
Pets with prior approval.. Phone (906) 586-3999
Paradise Resort on Norway Lake between Felch
and Ralph in the south Central Upper Peninsula offers
five housekeeping cabins by the lake. Cabins have 2
bedrooms, color TV, and a knotty pine interior. Rowboat
included with each rental cabin and electric trolling
motors available for rent. Beach with sand bottom is
perfect for the children. Excellent fishing, hunting,
berry picking, ATVing, and spring Morel mushroom picking.
Open April through December. Pets Welcome. Sportsman's
Paradise Resort, N9655 Norway Lake Road, Felch, MI 49831.
PO Box 234, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone
Three bedroom rental cottage on South Manistique Lake
with all the comforts of home, sand bottomed beach for
swimming, boat included. Cable TV. Weekly or daily. On
the snowmobile trails. Pets welcome.
Motel, East US-2, Manistique, Ml 49854. Phone
906-341-5363. Located about 1-1/4 miles east of
Manistique on the shore of Lake Michigan. Spacious rooms
with tub/shower combination and phones. Color cable TV.
Reasonable rates. Access to snowmobile trails. Coffee in
rooms. Open year round. Pets accepted.
- Sugar Maple
Lodge offers lodging for a couple up to a
group of 20 guests. Located 9 miles northeast of Munising
in the edge of the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore,
Sugar Maple Lodge has 3 bedrooms with a family
room/sleeping area in the lower level and 3 bathrooms.
Complete kitchen with dishwasher and a laundry room with
a washer & dryer. Satellite TV.
Heated garage. EasyATV and snowmobile trail access. Have
fun in all the abundant snow found in Alger County. Sugar
Maple Lodge, N6941 Olson Road, Shingleton, MI 49884.
- Sunset Awhile is a two-bedroom log cabin on South Manistique Lake near the village of Curtis, Michigan. Great location for boating, water sports, fishing, relaxing, and enjoying the stunning sunsets. Sunset Awhile, W17455 Camp A Road, Curtis, MI Phone: 616-446-2556 (please leave message)
- Sunset Bay RV
Resort, Campground, and Cabins on the shores
of Lake Superior, 7 miles north of Ahmeek on Five Mile
Point Road or 7 miles south of Eagle River, MI in the
Keweenaw Peninsula. 40 sites with electric & water
hook-ups, bath houses, laundry, ice, and a dump station.
Three rental log cabins with one or two bedrooms,
fireplaces and full kitchens. 2701 Sunset Bay Beach Road.
Ahmeek, MI 49901. . Phone:
906-337-2494 (summer): 941-232-4832 (winter).
on Big Manistique
Lake. Just 3 miles north of Curtis, MI. Phone toll free
877-586-9531 or 906-458-9531. Four large
cottages on 260' of lake frontage. These two and three
bedroom cottages have fully equipped kitchens and 27"
satellite flat screen TV in the living room. Wi-Fi. Daily weekly or monthly
rental. 14' fishing boat and motor rentals available at
the Fish and Hunt Shop. Snowmobile rental
- Super 8 Motel of
Houghton, 1200 E. Lakeshore Drive, Houghton MI
49931. Phone 906-482-2240. 85 rooms. Free Super Start Breakfast, indoor heated pool, whirlpool, and sauna. Remote
Cable TV. Free Wireless Internet throughout theSuper 8. Cable TV
with HBO and Disney. On Portage Lake. Boat docks and
fishing piers. 2 blocks from MTU. On the snowmobile
trail. Cross country skiing trails nearby.
- Superior Agate Haven Vacation Home is located on 180' of Lake Superior beachfront, 29 miles north of Newberry, MI. The vacation rental has 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms. Comfortable furnishings with a wood-burning fireplace. Modern kitchen with dishwasher. Washer and Dryer. Near Muskallonge Lake for swimming and fishing. Wi-Fi. 30966 Muskallonge Trail, Newberry
, MI 49868. Phone: (906) 658-3324 or (805) 990-5469
Shores Resort, 26156 W State Highway M-64,
Ontonagon, MI, 49953. Phone: 906-884-2653. Located 5
miles west of Ontonagon on Lake Superior. 7 unit motel,
Cable TV, HBO, small refrigerator, and coffee maker.
Three cottage units, townhouse style, with view of Lake
Superior. Beautiful sand beach for relaxing. Pets
accepted for a small charge. Weekly rates available. Easy
- Superior Times Resort and Campground on AuTrain Lake, AuTrain,
Michigan. Phone: (906) 362-9612. 1-2-3 bedroom
housekeeping cottages, all with views of the lake. Some cottages have fireplaces. Wooded campground with electric and rustic sites. Game room and store with bait shop. Sandy beach for swimmimg. Fish cleaning house.
Playground. Open year round. On the snowmobile and ATV trails. Pets welcome. (Formerly Coleman's Resort)
This is Page 4 (N-S)
for more information
- "Let us welcome, then, the strangers,
- Hail them as our friends and brothers,
- And the heart's right hand of friendship
- Give them when they come to see us.
- Gitche Manito, the Mighty,
- Said this to me in my vision."
- Song of Hiawatha, W.W. Longfellow
Back to Upper Peninsula
Home Page: Exploring
Photo: Hummingbird by Dave Martin