Newberry Area Businesses
Cottages, Resorts, Motels, Hotels, Lodges,
B&B's, and Historic Inns
Bakery, Gift Shops, Snowmobile Rentals, Canoe
Trips, and other Businesses
in the Newberry area of the Upper Peninsula of
- Bed and Breakfasts and Historic
Ole Forest Inn,
Phone: 906-586-6000. Overlooking Big Manistique Lake, a mile
north of Curtis Michigan in the Eastern Upper Peninsula.
Full of history, updated in the '90s in its decor,
secluded, casual fine dining, 11 well-appointed guest
rooms. On the Trails.
- America's Best Value Inn and Suites Tahquemanon Country offers 66 comfortable rooms with Wi-Fi, cable TV, mini-fridge, and a microwave. Free breakfast. Indoor Pool, amd Sauna. Ample parking for trailers. Short distance to Tahquamenon Falls and other interesting attractions. Golf course 1 mile. Snowmobile rentals. Direct access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Pet friendly. 12956 M-28, Newberry, MI 49868. Phone: 906-293-4000 or 800-293-3297.
Star Motel, 40 clean comfortable rooms with queen sized beds, some with kitchenettes. Large indoor heated pool. Cable TV with HBO and Cinemax, AC. Open year round. Snowmobile from your door. Large yard with grills for cooking a meal or relaxing. 7511 State Highway M-123, (South Newberry Avenue) Newberry MI 49868, Phone: 906-293-8342 or 800-832-5216
- Newberry Quality Inn and Suites welcomes you! Located at the junction of M-28 & M-123. Centrally located to area attractions, fast food, family dining, and gas stations. Snowmobile trail access, large parking area, and snowmobile rentals onsite! We offer a full hot breakfast and feature a large indoor hot tub and sauna. Make your reservations today by calling direct at (906)293-3218 or (888)300-SNOW. Book onlineat QualityInn.com.
- Tahquamenon Hotel, Hulbert, MI. The Historic Tahquamenon Hotel offers 14 comfortable rooms, some with private bathrooms, for travelers to the area. Breakfast served Friday through Tuesday and daily during snowmobile season. Free Wi-Fi. Dining nearby. Pets Welcome. Stop and relax while you go fishing, hunting, ATVing, or snowmobiling with easy trail access. 20 miles east of Newberry. Tahquamenon Hotel, 10429 South Maple, Hulbert, MI 49748 Phone: 906-876-2388
Cabins, Cottages, Resorts, and Vacation Homes
Spectacular views of Lake Superior from this very unique,
brand new cottage on Lake Superior. Based on the design
of a Classic Train Caboose, it has all the luxuries of
home including a 2 person jacuzzi and a gas fireplace. Pets welcome. Located 1/2 hour north
of Newberry on County Rd. 407 (H-37) in Deer Park on a
paved and plowed road. Open year round. Phone:
- Halfway Lake
Cottages, 16878 County Rd 505, Newberry, MI
49868. 810-531-1344. Halfway between Newberry and Lake
Superior. Housekeeping cabins in a 400 acre hardwood
forest on a private lake. Some with fireplaces. Satellite TV. Wi-Fi Pets welcone.
Lodge, 24517 County Road 98, (Helmer)
McMillan, MI. 49853. 906-586-3545. Modern Housekeeping
Cabins on Big Manistique Lake. Fishing Contests, private
island with pavilion for picnics and camping, hot tubs,
laundry room, boat rentals.
Handicap accessible cabins available.
- North Shore Cabins. Two cozy two-room cabins on the shores of Muskallonge Lake, 27 miles north of Newberry in Deer Park, MI. Kitchen-dining area and a bedroom with a double bed and bunks. Sandy beach. Paddle boat for fun on the lake. Great fishing and agate hunting. Wi-Fi. Near Lake Superior. North Shore Cabins, 30840 Muskallonge Trail, Deer Park, MI. Phone: 906-658-3598
- Rainbow Lodge
at the Mouth of the Two Hearted
River. 32752 County Road 423, Newberry, MI
49868. (906) 658-3357. Located at the mouth of the Big
Two Hearted River, overlooking Lake Superior. Cabins are available for weekly rental. Kitchens with cooking and eating utensils, gas lights, and automatic gas heat. Rustic Camping Cabin (3-Night minimum). Reservations at 906-658-3357. 32 miles
from Newberry, 35 miles from Paradise. 12 miles of dirt
road. This is wilderness
country. On the ATV trails.
- Sno Shu
Inn, Six cozy
housekeeping cabins with wood stoves, an apartment, and an Inn for groups from 2 to 20. Located in the center of the Eastern Upper Peninsula with hiking, ATV, and
snowmobile trails on the National Forest land across the
road. 10770 South Hulbert Road, Hulbert,
MI 49748. 906-876-2324.
- Superior Agate Haven Vacation Home is located on 180' of Lake Superior beachfront, 29 miles north of Newberry, MI. The vacation rental has 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms. Comfortable furnishings with a wood-burning fireplace. Modern kitchen with dishwasher. Washer and Dryer. Near Muskallonge Lake for swimming and fishing. Wi-Fi. 30966 Muskallonge Trail, Newberry, MI 49868. Phone: (906) 658-3324 or (805) 990-5469
- Photos of Grandpa Murphy's Logging Camp 1919.
- Places to visit:
County Historical Museum, 411 W. Harrie Street, Newberry, MI 49868. This unique
Queen-Anne Style building is built with reddish stone that
is Jacobsville sandstone, some of the oldest rock in the
country. The mansion has many stone arches and interesting
turrets. The Museum contains many historic photographs,
maps, books and documents. It is listed on the Michigan
Register of Historic Places and the National Register of
Historic Places. Private tours can be arranged. Phone:
Oswald's Bear RanchWelcome to Oswald's Bear
Ranch, one top 10 best family friendly Upper
Peninsula Attractions located just north of Newberry,
MI. This complex is the largest (bear only) Bear
Ranch in the entire United States of America. Since
opening to the public in 1997, Oswald's Bear Ranch
has grown tremendously both in size and in bears.
With lots of room to roam, these rescued bears are
given a chance to continue their lives in natural
habitats and comfort.
Logging Museum, 1 mile north of Newberry on Highway M-123. Michigan State
Historic Site. Buildings, artifacts, and special events
depicting the early lumbering days in Michigan
Snowmobile - Sled Rentals:
Newberry North Store Snowmobile Rental. 18549 County Rd.407 - Located North of Newberry on Co. Rd. 407 across from The Wolf Inn in the Heart of Snow Country.
We Rent Polaris Single and 2Person Snowmobiles, Helmets, Suits, Gloves and Boots. We are a Full Service Outfitter with Cabin Rentals and Canoes in the Summer.
Please Click the Link above to Reserve Online Today or call 906-658-3450 for More Info.
Trips and Tours:
Toonerville Trolley, Soo Junction, MI. Phone
1-888-77TRAIN or the Depot at 906-876-2311. Take the
train and boat tour to Tahquamenon Falls or the
Wilderness Train Ride. Just 50 miles from the Mackinac
Bridge. Ride 5 1/2 miles to the Tahquamenon River. The
Riverboat takes you on a 21 mile narrated cruise along
the river to the rapids 1/2 mile above the Upper
Falls State Park
Peninsula Towns and Cities Page
Upper Peninsula Traveler