Lodging on the Snowmobile Trail
Chippewa County, Upper Peninsula of
Chippewa County includes the towns of
DeTour Village, Drummond Island, Hulbert, Paradise,
Raco, Sault Ste. Marie, and Trout
Lake in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
- Cedarville, MI (Mackinac County)
- New Listing: Cedarville Lodge is located by the Les Cheneaux Islands in the Eastern Upper Peninsula. The hotel is newly renovated and offers Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, new flat screen cable TVs, and a free Continental breakfast. Guest rooms have been updated with new beds and bedding. Pool and hot tub. Designated pet rooms. Easy trail access. 106 West M-134, Cedarville, Mi 49719. Phone: 1-800-222-2949 or 906-484-2266
DeTour Village and Drummond Island,
- Fort Drummond Marine and Resort on Whitney Bay, Drummond Island, MI offers 3 rental cabins, 2 vacation homes, one on a private island, and a campground for enjoying beautiful Drummond Island. There are 2 cabins available for winter rental. Pontoon, kayak, boat, and motor rentals. Only 1 hour from the Mackinac Bridge. Ferry runs hourly from 6 am to 11pm with 2 night trips. Fort Drummond Marine and Resort on Whitney Bay, 36183 S. Whitney Bay Road, Drummond Island, MI 49726. Phone: 906-493-5359 or 906-493-5471
Lodging Rental Cabins, 18354 E. North Caribou Lake Road, DeTour
Village, MI 49725. Phone 906-297-5532. Only 58 miles from the
bridge. 7 completely furnished housekeeping cabins on Caribou
Lake. All are 2 bedrooms and some can accommodate up to six
people. Easy Trail access. addess. Reservations: 1-888-870-1118
Lake Lodge, P.O. Box 67, Hulbert, MI 49748.
906-876-2324. We have 2 log cabins with microwaves, mini fridges,
and coffee makers open during the winter months Breakfast is
served in the lodge. On the snowmobile trail. Fantastic
snowmobiling, ice-fishing and cross-country skiing.
Shu Inn, 906-876-2324, South Hulbert Road, Hulbert, MI
49748. Cozy housekeeping cabins for groups from 2 to 20.
Snowmobile trails on the National Forest land across the road.
Guests may use the facilities at the owners' Hulbert Lake Lodge, 2
miles away. Snowmobile Rentals
Lodges, 8442 N. Whitefish Point Road, Paradise. Phone
906-492-3320. Modern Log Cabins on Lake Superior. Full
housekeeping cabins. Cross country skiing nearby. Satellite TV's,
VCR's, and movie rentals.
Nine Cottages, 6720 N. M-123, Paradise. Phone
906-492-3434. Four fully equipped housekeeping cottages on the
shore of Whitefish Bay. Towels and linens included. Cottages sleep
4, have color TV, VCR, video library at the office.
- New Listing: The Lodge at Silver Creek is located 9 miles south of Paradise next door to the Silver Creek Grill & Pub. The Lodge is newly remodeled and offers two bedrooms, a complete kitchen, and comfortable furnishings. TV with Netflix. Wi-Fi. Easy access to snowmobile and ATV trails. Weekly and 2-night rentals. Phone: 906-630-2157.
Inn Motel, 906-492-3940. Highway M-123 at the blinking
light in Paradise. 36 modern spacious rooms, 2 jacuzzi suites and
handicap rooms. Continental breakfast, remote control color TVs,
guest laundry. Large parking area for trailers.
Sunrise Cabins, 10126 N. Whitefish Point Road,
Paradise, MI 49768. Phone or fax 1-906-492-3378. Fully equipped
housekeeping cottages on the shore of Lake Superior, Two miles
north of Paradise on Whitefish Point Road.
Trails Cabins, 1 mile east of Raco, MI
on Highway M-28. Phone: 906-248-3460. Located in the Hiawatha
National Forest in the Eastern Upper Peninsula. Two 2 bedroom cabins with
fully equipped kitchens and living room/dining area which includes a sleeper sofa. The cabins are ideal for up to 6 people. Large parking lot for trailers. Across from ATV and snowmobile trails. Great riding in the Hiawatha National Forest.
Sault Ste. Marie,
- Super 8 Sault Ste. Marie is located just off I-75 on the Business Route to Sault Ste. Marie, MI, near attractions, shopping, and restaurants. Standard guest rooms and suites featuring cable TV, coffee makers, and free high-speed wireless internet access, Heated Indoor Pool, Spa, & Cedar Sauna. Fitness Center. Complementary SuperStart breakfast. Guest Laundry. Pets Welcome. Snowmobile trails located behind the hotel with large parking area for trailers. Super 8 (formerly the Park Inn), 3525 I-75 Business Spur, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783. Phone: 906-632-6000
Trout Lake, MI
- Barnyard on Trout Lake. Two Bedroom rental cabin on the shores of Trout Lake, only 35 minutes from the Bridge. Enjoy fishing, swimming, and relaxing by the water. Beach area has a sandy bottom that is shallow for the kids. Row boat. Complete kitchen, washer & dryer, and a living area with a pellet stove for those cool evenings. On the snowmobile and ATV trail. The Barnyard on Trout Lake, 22215 Agulium Road, Trout Lake, MI 49793. Phone: 906-569-3821
Lodges, Highway M-123, Trout Lake, Michigan 49793.
Phone (906) 569-3326. Lodges for families or
groups from 4 to 20. in the Hiawatha National Forest, Weekend or
weekly rentals. The Lodges sleep up to 10, 18 and 20
- Trout Lake
Resort, 22477 O. J. Miller Road, Trout Lake, MI 49793.
Phone: 906-569-3810. Four 1 and 2 bedroom housekeeping cabins and
one large unit that sleeps 9 on the shores of Trout Lake. Full
kitchen with microwave. Linens provided. Swimming beach and great
fishing. Row boat. Open year round. Nightly rentals. Pet friendly.
On the snowmobile and ATV Trails.
- Paradise Recreational
Sports on Highway M-123 in downtown Paradise.
Convenience Store. Gas, diesel, and propane. Beer, Wine, &
Liquor. Camping and hunting supplies. ORV & Snowmobile Trail
Permits. Easy access for campers and trailers. Paradise
Recreational Sports, 8165 N M-123, P.O. Box 324, Paradise,
Michigan 48768. Phone: 906-492-3640
- Paradise MI Snowmobile Rentals Phone: 906-492-3921 or 906-293-5515. Located at the blinking
light. . . on the trail. . . near the motels. Deep snow and long
lasting snow, often lasting through the first week of April.
Paradise is 70 miles from the bridge on Highway M-123. Arctic Cat Snowmobile Rentals at U P Rentals
- Paradise Recreational
Sports on Highway M-123 in downtown Paradise offers
Ski-Doo Snowmobile and Bombardier/Can-Am ATV rentals. Clothing and
helmet rental available. ATV & Snowmobile Rentals include
single person and 2 person machines. We carry a large selection of
snowmobile clothing and helmets. Guided ATV and Snowmobile tours
available. Snowmobile, ATV, and Personal Water Craft parts and
factory-trained service. ORV & Snowmobile Trail Permits.
Easy access for campers and trailers. Convenience Store/ Paradise
Recreational Sports, 8165 N M-123, Paradise,
Michigan 48768. Phone: 906-492-3640
to Snowmobiling in the Upper Peninsula
to Lodging on the Trail
Peninsula Snowmobile Rentals
Peninsula Towns and Cities
Peninsula Traveler Home Page
Copyright 2004 by Charlotte Simons, webmaster. All
Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act of 1976,
as amended, this web site may not be reproduced in whole or in part
in any manner. Unless authorized by the webmaster, reproduction of
any picture, web page or pages on this website,
www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on the internet is a
copyright infringement. All right, title and interest in and to the
material on these web pages, the web site, in whole or in part, and
in and to this url and the urls contained within, is the property of
the webmaster. All website design, text, graphics, selection and
arrangement thereof are the copyrighted works of Charlotte Simons Web
site created on an Apple G-4 on 9/04