Canoe, Kayak, Waverunner, & Boat
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Canoe & Kayak Rental
Businesses offer shuttle service and spotting service.
Enjoy the beauty of the U.P. as you canoe or kayak a remote river or paddle around the shoreline of an inland lake.
Rent a pontoon boat and explore the Pictured Rocks, Grand Island, and Munising Bay.
- Autrain River &
AuTrain Lake near Munising Paddle the
AuTrain River or AuTrain Lake. Scenic Trips through the
Hiawatha National Forest. See wildlife, enjoy the birds, or
just relax. Trips from 1 to 6 hours. Trips offer shuttle
service. Rentals are located 1 mile south of Highway M-28 on
the AuTrain-Forest Lake Road
River Canoe and Kayak Rentals. N7163
Forest Lake Road, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone: 906-869-8738.
MI Located 5
miles north of Hancock, MI in the Keweenaw Peninsula.
- Copper Country
Rentals offers Snomobiles, & ATVs
with delivery available. Call 906-337-9905.
- Cedarville, MI on Lake Huron in the Eastern U.P.
- Hills Point Resort on Lake Huron offers Boat Rentals in the Les Cheneaux Islands, only 35 miles from the Mackinac Bridg
e. 484 S. Hill Island Road, Cedarville, MI 49719. Phone: 906-236-2449
MI, The Manistique Lakes
Area. Rentals for Big Manistique Lake, South Manistique
Lake, plus other area lakes.
and Hunt Shop offers Canoe, Kayak, and
Boat Rentals. W17148 Main
Street, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone: 906-586-9531
- Sand and Stars Resort and Motel on South Manistique Lake in Curtis, Michigan offers pontoon boat, 18' pleasure boat, and fishing boat renta
ls. N8694 County Road H-33, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone: (906) 477-6845 or (906) 420-2848
- Drummond Island
- Fort Drummond Marine and Resort on Whitney Bay, Drummond Island, MI. Full Service Marina, Service and Parts Department, Dockage, and a General Store. Sales of boats, trailers, shore stations, plus
pre-owned boats and motors. Pontoon, kayak, boat, and motor rentals. The Resort offers rentals of cabins and vacation Homes and a Campground. Ferry runs hourly from 6 am to 11pm year round with 2 night runs. Fort Drummond Marine and Resort on Whitney B
ay, Drummond Island, MI 49726. Phone: 906-493-5359 or 906-493-5471
- Iron Mountain MI,
Spread Eagle, WI, & Florence WI
- Lake Gogebic-Marinesco
- Bear's Nine Pines Resort on Lake Gogebic in the western Upper Peninsula offers rental pontoon boats, fishing boats, c
anoes, and kayaks. Half day, full day, or weekly rentals. Bear's Nine Pines Resort, N9426 State Hwy M-64, Marinesco, MI 49947 Phone: 906-842-3361
- Michigamme, MI
- Michigamme Shores Campground is located on the shores of Lake Michigamme in the north central Upper Peninsula and offers rentals of boats, canoes and kayaks to use on Lake
Michigamme. Highway 41W 64 Purple Road, Michigamme, MI 49814. Phone: 906- 339-2116
- Munising (See the Pictured Rocks from the water)
River Canoe and Kayak Rentals. N7163
Forest Lake Road, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone:
- Newberry, MI
The Woods Canoe and Kayak Rental for the Tahquamenon River
is located 13 miles north of Newberry on
Highway M-123. Short trips on the Tahquamenon River
beginning near Newberry with shuttle service; daily and
weekly rentals for nearby lakes and rivers; and delivery
to nearby campgrounds. Family friendly trips with pets
The Woods Tahquamenon River Canoe & Kayak Rental,
Newberry, MI 49868. Phone: 906-203-7624.
- Norway, MI
- Northwoods Adventures Whitewater rafting at Piers gorge and the Sturgeon River. Several rafting trips daily. Experienced guides. All equipment provided. Phone: 906-563-5450
- Sault Ste. Marie - Barbeau
- Riverview Resort and Deepwater Marina offers dock rental, boat & motor rental, travel boat lift, motor repair, and a variety of other services.
4 two-bedroom housekeeping cabins overlooking the St. Mary's River. Located halfway between Sault Ste. Marie and DeTour Village at the north end of Munuscong Bay. Excellent fishing. 17999 S Scenic Drive, Barbeau, Michigan 49710. Phone 906-647-3033
Here for Guided & Self-Guided Tours
Bright above him shone the heavens,
Level spread the lake before him;
From its bosom leaped the sturgeon,
Sparkling, flashing in the sunshine;
On its margin the great forest
Stood reflected in the water,
Every tree-top had its shadow,
Motionless beneath the water.
Song of Hiawatha, W.W.
Guided Tours in the
Upper Peninsula Traveler
Photo by Nicole: Kayaking on the