Snowmobile and ATV Rentals and Services
Lodging on the Snowmobile & ATV Trails
Alger County, Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Alger County includes the towns of Munising,
Christmas, AuTrain, Grand Marais,
Deerton, Shelter Bay, Shingleton, and lodging in the Hiawatha
Most, but not all, lodgings are also on the ATV
MI (10 miles west of
- Au Train River Cottages: Five cottages by the Au Train River near Munising and the Pictured Rocks. Cottages have 1, 2, and 4 bedrooms with Wi-Fi. Flat lawn leads to 300 feet of river frontage for swimming, fishing, and relaxing. Canoe included with rental. Easy access to ATV and Snowmobile Trails. Pet Friendly. Open Year Round. N7123 Au Train-Forest Lake Road. Phone: 906-364-8110
Creek Cabin, E5909 Joel Creek Road, AuTrain, MI 49806.
Phone: 906-892-8467. Three-bedroom cabin nestled in the woods of
the Hiawatha National Forest, just south of AuTrain, MI. Open
concept living area with a full kitchen and one bathroom.
Beautiful surroundings offer privacy and seclusion on Joel Creek.
Conveniently located near area attractions and recreation. Easy
access to snowmobile and ATV trails.
Log Lodge on Lake Superior. Phone: 906-202-1914.
Log Vacation Home has 4 bedrooms with 3 baths. Full kitchen, Satellite TV with surround sound,
DVD player, and sirius radio. Laundry room. Decks overlook Lake
Superior. Heated garage. Sunset Road off Highway M-28. Easy snowmobile and ORV trail access.
- Superior Times Resort and Campground on AuTrain Lake, AuTrain,
Michigan. Phone: (906) 362-9612. 1-2-3 bedroom
housekeeping cottages, all with views of the lake. Some cottages have fireplaces. Wooded campground with electric and rustic sites. Game room and store with bait shop. Sandy beach for swimmimg. Fish cleaning house.
Playground. Open year round. On the snowmobile and ATV trails. Pets permitted. (Formerly Coleman's Resort)
MI (3 miles west of
Munising) * (The Gas Station
& Convenience Store is now open)
- Christmas Paradise is a 2-bedroom cottage on the shores of Lake Superior in Christmas, Michigan.
Fully equipped kitchen. Cable TV. Sauna. Near the Pictured Rocks Lakeshore and other interesting attractions. Pets welcome. ATV & snowmobile trail head across the street. Open Year Round. Phone: 313-580-5695 or 248-241-6000
Cottage, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone
906-387-1633. This cozy two bedroom cottage is
located just south of M-28 in the village of Christmas. Complete
kitchen, gas fireplace, cable TV, and air conditioning. The
sunroom can be used as an additional sleeping area. Within 5 miles
of the Pictured Rocks and Grand Island and near Lake Superior
beaches. On the snowmobile trail. Pet friendly.
Cove, Highway M-28, Christmas, MI. Phone: 906-387-1617. Three bedroom rental home on Lake Superior. Sleeps
up to 8. 1 1/2 baths. Dish TV, washer, and dryer. Complete
kitchen. Also for rent, a 2-bedroom ground level apartment, sleeps
up to 6 with Lake Superior access. Dish TV. Complete kitchen.
Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access.
- Paddler's Inn in Christmas, Michigan offers 8 newly redecorated rooms and suites on 6 acres of wooded land next to the Hiawatha National Forest. Guest rooms have queen or double beds, Cable TV, and coffee in each room. Secluded grassy area behind motel with a grill, picnic table, horseshoes, and a fire pit. Near restaurants, gift shops, gas, a convenience store, and the casino. Easy access to the ATV trails. Christmas Motel, E7621 W M-28,
Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: (906) 387-7100
- White Pine
Lodge. E7889 W. M-28,
Christmas, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-1111. Motel guest rooms include
double rooms with queen-sized beds, king suites with mini-fridge
and microwave, and single rooms. All guest rooms have AC, Cable
TV, and Wireless Internet Access. 2 Handicap units. Elevator.
Oversize Jacuzzi tub. Deluxe complementary Continental Breakfast
with waffles. Adjoining gas station and convenience store is open
24 hours daily. Next to Kewadin Casino and Snowmobile & ATV
- Winter Dreamland is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom vacation home in Christmas, Michigan. Large living room and family room by the kitchen. 2 Cable TVs. Wi-Fi. ATV and snowmobile trails across the street. 3 miles from Munising and the Pictured Rocks, Boat Cruises, and Grand Island and 7 miles to the sandy Lake Superior Beach in AuTrain. Winter Dreamland, E7918 State Hwy M-28, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: 906-202-0410 or 906-251-8489.
Deerton and Shelter
Bay (about 10 miles
west of Munising near or on Lake Superior)
Shelter Bay Resort, E3216 Highway M-28 at Shelter Bay, AuTrain, MI 49806.
Phone: 906-892-8277. Located on the
shores of Lake Superior, Kimar's Resort features 2, 3, and 4
bedroom housekeeping cottages and a 3-bedroom mobile home. 300'
sandy beach. Lots of room for your sleds and trailers. Direct
access to snowmobile trail 417 for some winter fun. Kimar's
Charters offers trolling, casting, and jigging fishing trips on
Lake Superior to the Shelter Bay Flats, the Big Reef, and Stannard
Lakeshore Resort, 4012 Hwy M-28 E, between Munising
and Marquette, MI, 10 miles west of AuTrain. Phone: 906-343-6710 or 805-723-4223. Bungalow Cottage, Loft, and comfortable family suites with free Wi-Fi.
TV with HBO. Across from Lake Superior with a wonderful sand beach. Gas
grills, picnic tables, and outdoor swings. Relax
and enjoy this outstanding view of Lake Superior. On the trail.
Grand Marais, MI (and the Lake Superior State
Hiawatha National Forest south
of Munising, MI
- A Powell Shores
Lodge Vacation Home on the shores of Powell
Lake, 6 miles from Munising. Completely furnished modern 3
bedroom home on a 100 acre lake in the Hiawatha
National Forest. Living room has a gas fireplace and
satellite TV. Complete kitchen. Wi-Fi. Large deck. Sand bottomed
beach for swimming with dock for fishing. Boat and canoe.
Snowmobile trail across the road. Pets welcome. Phone:
Resort: Motel and Lodges, N3919 Buckhorn Drive,
Munising, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-3559. 2 fully equipped spacious
lodges that sleep from 6 to 22 and a 20 unit motel. Restaurant and
Lounge open daily year round. Gas.
Hideaway Rental Cottage is
located 12 miles south of Munising in the Hiawatha National
Forest. The cottage has 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms with 3 sofa
sleepers for additional guests. Sleeps from 8-12. Satellite TV
with DVD player. Washer & dryer. Easy snowmobile
and ATV trail access. Pets welcome with prior approval.Phone: 906-387-1633.
Kayakers Cove Overlooks Munising Bay. It is one mile from downtown Munising on Lake st. Our home comes with linens, towels and a complete kitchen. There is a washer and dryer in the basement. There is also a full size pool table in the basement too. We are at 1313 Lake st. which is a dead end street over looking Munising Bay. This will ad to your privacy. Our place has high speed fiber optic internet. If you have to do some work while on vacation its the fastest internet around. We also have satellite tv, and netflix. Seperate smart tv in basement. We also have a couple games/puzzles for the kids. Pets are allowed w/ prior approval. Our normal rates are $189 nightly, 2 night minimum, $75 cleaning fee. 6% Michigan sales tax. Pets are $25 per pet per stay w/ prior approval. We have 3 bedrooms on the main floor. 2 queen size beds and a single. We also have a queen bed in the basement. You can contact us @ 906-450-4386 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention you found our place with exploringthenorth and receive 5% off your stay.
Resort, 14844 LL Road. Phone (906) 573-2237. Kenbuck is a sportsman's resort with
5 clean housekeeping cabins deep in the Hiawatha National Forest.
Real snowmobiling and snowshoeing. 18 miles south of
Cozy Cabins in the Hiawatha National
Forest, just 15 miles southwest of Munising. Phone: 906-387-5327. The two
comfortable cabins have a full kitchen, living area with satellite
TV, VCR, & DVD players and futons for extra guests. One
bedroom on the main floor and a loft with 4 twin beds. Sleeps up
to 8. On the snowmobile and ATV trails. Ideal spot for outdoor
enthusiasts of all ages. Perfect for a large group with lots of
parking for trailers and large rigs. Pets welcome.
Cabin, Perch Lake Road, Munising, MI. Phone: 906-387-5259.
Two bedroom cabin with one bathroom in a wooded area with access
to Perch Lake. Full kitchen, laundry, dish TV, VCR, and wood stove
to keep you cozy. Wood provided. Handicap accessible. Private
beach on Perch Lake with dock. On the snowmobile trail with ATV
trails and cross country ski trails nearby. Pets with special
- Our Place Up North on Powell Lake in the Hiawatha National Forest is a 3-bedroom vacation home near Munising. The living area has a wood-burning fireplace, Satellite TV, and Wi-Fi. The house has 2 bathrooms and is air conditioned. Nice shallow sand bottomed beach is fun for the whole family. Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access. Only a short distance to the Pictured Rocks, waterfalls, and many attractions. Small pets welcome. Our Place Up North, Powe
ll Lake Road, Wetmore, MI 49895. Phone: 614-875-4987.
- Sugar Maple
Lodge offers lodging for a couple up to a group of 20
guests. Located 9 miles northeast of Munising in the edge of the
Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Sugar Maple Lodge has 3
bedrooms with a family room/sleeping area in the lower level and 3
bathrooms. Complete kitchen with dishwasher and a laundry room
with a washer & dryer. Satellite TV. Heated
garage. Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access. Have fun in all the
abundant snow found in Alger County. Sugar Maple Lodge, N6941
Olson Road, Shingleton, MI 49884. Phone: 906-202-0021
Ridge Motel and Lodge, N4045 Buckhorn Road, Munising,
Michigan 49862, Phone (906) 387-3790. All motel units are full
housekeeping suites with individual decks overlooking Hovey Lake.
The 4 bedroom lodge is on the Lake.
Forest land between Munising and
- The Bear Den Cabin is located on Ross Lake between Munising and Grand Marais, only a short drive to the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, the Seney Refuge, and scenic Lake Superior. The newly remodeled 2-bedroom cabin is fully furnished including Wi-Fi, TV with DVD, and a gas fireplace. Complete kitchen with dishwasher. Sleeps 5 guests. If you
are looking for a peaceful spot in the woods for your vacation, the Bear Den is in a great location. On the ATV and Snowmobile trail. Year Round. Contact Maria at 906-361-4839 or Melinda at 906-202-042
Cabin on Nevins
Lake, N10006 Nevins Lake Road,
Shingleton, MI 49884. Phone: 978-582-5589. Located in the Lake
Superior State Forest halfway between Munising and Grand Marais,
near the Kingston Plains. Three bedroom log cabin with a loft,
futons in the living areas, and a full and half bath. Great room
with cathedral ceiling, fully equipped kitchen, and wonderful view
of the lake. Sleeps up to 8. Easy access to snowmobile and ATV trails.
Munising, Shingleton, & Wetmore,
- The Birch Tree-Plex is located in downtown Munising, Michigan just a couple blocks from Lake Superior. The Birch Tree-Plex offers 3 newly remodeled apartments that can be rented separately or combined for a large group. Each unit has a full kitchen, Cable TV, Wi-Fi, snowmobile and ATV trail access, and is open year round. Phone: Maria at 906-361-4839 or Melinda at 906-202-0427
Cabin In The Woods is a beautiful home located about 19 miles outside of Munising. It is situated right off of Highway 13 in a beautiful wooded area close to Midway General Store, Indian River, and hiking trails such as Bruno’s Run. If you enjoy fishing there are many inland lakes located along H-13. Spend time barbecuing or just enjoying each other’s company out on the back deck listening to birds and Mother Nature at its finest.
- Cherrywood Lodge Casual, Relaxed and Friendly. 80
modern spacious rooms, indoor pool, sauna and hot tub,
Cable TV, Wireless Internet Access. Deluxe rooms, suites
and rooms with connecting doors available. Guest Laundry.
Heated garage for snowmobile repairs. Snowmobile rental
at desk. Pets Welcome. Located 3 miles east of Munising
on Highway M-28. E 10160 Highway M-28 E,
Munising/Wetmore, MI. Phone: 906-387-4864
- Midtown Apartment is located in downtown Munising, only 1 block from Lake Superior and Bayshore Park. The apartment is on the second floor, has 3 bedrooms, and will sleep up to 8 guests. Cable TV, Wi-Fi. Complete kitchen with a dishwasher and a washer and dryer. Newly remodeled in the summer of 2017. Open year round. Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access. Call Maria at 906-361-4839 or Melinda at 906-202-0427
- Orchard House has 3-bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and all the comforts of home. Located on 5 acres of land with the trails at the end of the driveway, the Orchard House is perfect for your vacation. 2 flat screen TVs with DVD, HBO, & ESPN. Wireless Internet. Complete kitchen with a dishwasher. Washer and Dryer. Attached garage. Sleeps up to 10 guests. 1 mile east of Munising on M-28 and 1 block north. E9431 Orchard Street. Munising, MI Phone: 906
-387-3771 or Cell: 906-202-1725.
Cabin at Nevins
Lake, Nevins Lake Road, Shingleton, MI. Phone:
978-547-8195. Located in the Lake Superior State Forest
between Munising and Grand Marais, south of the Pictured
Rocks and near the Kingston Plains. Three bedroom log cabin
with loft, futons in the living areas, and a full and half
bath. Great room with cathedral ceiling, fully equipped
kitchen, and a wonderful view of Nevins lake. Sleeps up to
8. Sandy beach with swim raft and crystal clear water. Easy
access to ATV and snowmobile trails
- Tanglewood Trail House is located on Highway M-28, 10 miles east of Munising. The newly remodeled home has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a full kitchen. Roku TV. Wi-Fi. Central air. On ATV and snowmobile trail 8. Restaurant and gas next door. Contact Maria at 906-361-4839 or Melinda at 906-202-0427
Motel, 420 Prospect, Munising, Michigan. 906-387-2735.
18 clean rooms with at-door parking and a large lot for parking
trucks and trailers. We offer a combination of singles, doubles, 2
bedroom units and family units for up to 7 people. Easy trail
- BEAR TRAP INN near the Pictured Rocks in Munising serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Stop in for family dining and your favorite beverage. Hot homemade pasties made daily. Food, spirits, and fun! Located 8 miles east of Munising on M-58 at the Corner of H-58 and H-15. Phone: 906-452-6364.
Restaurant and Lounge on Hovey Lake in the Hiawatha National Forest. Phone 906-387-3559. Open daily 11am to 9pm year round.
- Duck Pond Eatery and Beer Garden in Christmas Michigan is a great spot for kayakers and visitors to the area. We feature burgers, whitefish, sandwiches, salads and more plus a nice selection of beer made in Michigan. Large screen TV. Beer garden with outdoor stage for seating and local musicians. E 7974 W M-28. Phone: 906-387-1689. Open daily
- TANGLEWOOD RESTAURANT: Highway 28 in Shingleton, 10 miles east of Munising. Open daily 7 am to 9pm. Phone: 906-452-6222
Island Snowmobile Rentals, Inc., Munising MI 49862.
(906) 387-4300. Ski Doo snowmobiles
Snowmobile Rentals. Rental
of new model Ski-Doo snowmobiles in Alger County, the Snowmobiling
Capital of the Midwest. Heavy lake effect snow. Snowmobile in
every direction. On the trail. E 10160 Highway M-28, Wetmore, MI
49895. Phone (906)-387-4300.
GAS, SNOWMOBILE PARTS, PERMITS, MAPS, AND
Market & Gas Station in Grand Marais: On Main Street near the Harbor. Gas, Oil, and Parts. Groceries,
beer, wine, liquor. Licenses, trail permits. ice. Visitor
information. Instant Lottery. Video Rentals. Souvenirs and
sportswear. Snowmobile parts, oil, belts, and supplies. Trail
Maps. If you want local information, stop here. Phone: (906)
494-2581. Open daily. Snowmobile Trail
Hovey Lake. Gas available.
- White Pine Convenience Store and Gas
Station on Highway M-28 in Christmas, MI. Located
between the White Pine Lodge and the Kewadin Casino with easy
trail access for snowmobiles and ATVs. Open 24 hours
to Upper Peninsula Snowmobiling and Lodging on the
Peninsula Traveler Home Page