Lodging on the Snowmobile Trail
Ontonagon County, Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Ontonagon County including the towns of
Greenland, Ontonagon, Trout Creek, White Pine, and Silver City near the Porcupine Mountains
Wilderness State Park. Most lodgings, but not all, are also on the ATV trails. Pak. Most lodgings also have easy access to the many ATV trails in the area. (Also see Silver City)
Lake Gogebic Motel and Sled Rental is located at the north end of Lake Gogebic in the town of Bergland. The motel offers 17 guest rooms accommodating 1 to 7 guests. All rooms have Wi-Fi and Cable TV. Snowmobile rental of new sleds. Direct trail access. Gas next door. Pets Welcome. Lake Gogebic Motel, 456 North Street at the corner with M-28. Phone 906-575-3262
- Big Buck Cabin and 38 Lodge, Highway M-38, Greenland, MI 49929,
Phone:906-250-4903. Big Buck Cabin has one
bedroom, a sleeping loft with 2 twin beds, and a sofa
sleeper in living area. 38 Lodge offers 3 bedrooms. Each rental has a complete kitchen,gas fireplace, and easy access to snowmobile, atv, and
mountain bike trails. On the Bill Nicholls Trail. 13 miles southeast of Ontonagon near the Ottawa
National Forest and only a short distance from the Porcupine
Mountains Wilderness State Park.
Ontonagon, and Silver City, MI
- A Beach Retreat Rental
Cottage is located
on the shores of Lake Superior, 12 miles west of Ontonagon and
only 5 minutes from the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park.
A Beach Retreat offers 2 bedrooms, one bathroom, and a complete
kitchen. The living room has cable TV and a gas fireplace. A
screened porch overlooks the lake for sitting and relaxing or you
can enjoy sitting by the private beach and watching exciting Lake
Superior and the fantastic sunsets over the water. Year round with
easy access to the ATV and snowmobile trails and all the exciting
outdoor recreation the Porkies has to offer. A Beach Retreat,
32829 Hwy M-64, Silver City, MI 49953. Phone:
Cabin Up North, 2651 Highway M-64, Silver City, MI
49953. Phone: 906-885-5430. Log home on Lake Superior with 3
bedrooms and 2 baths. Wood burning fireplace. Fully equipped
kitchen. Satellite TV, Large back deck overlooking the Lake with
fire pit and grill. Trail access. Sorry, no smoking.
Cottage Up North, 34464 Highway M-107, Silver City, MI
49953. Phone: 906-885-5430. Three-bedroom cottage on Lake
Superior. Main level has a bedroom with a wood burning fireplace,
full bathroom, large living room, dining room and kitchen combo
with access to a deck facing the lake. Upper level has a large
bedroom with deck and a den. Spiral staircase to lower level with
a family room, bedroom, and bathroom with doors opening to a
patio. Sleeps up to 10. Only 2 miles to the Porcupine Mountains
State Park and on the snowmobile trail so you can ride from the
- AmericInn Lodge and Suites of Silver City is located on the shores of Lake Superior, 3 miles east of the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State park and 13 miles west of Ontonagon. Comfortable guest rooms and suites on 3 floors with an elevator. Some rooms have a view of Lake Superior. Wireless internet access throughout the Inn. Cable TV. Indoor heated pool, whirlpool, and sauna. Complementary AmericInn Perk breakfast. Restaurant and lounge. Walk along the Lake Superior shoreline, enjoy the stunning sunsets, or just relax. On the trail and 3 miles from downhill and cross-country skiing. Pets Welcome. 120 Lincoln Ave. (Highway M-107) Silver City, MI 49953. Phone: 906-885-5311.
- Lake of the Clouds Resort offers four recently updated cabins located in a wooded setting 1 mile east of the Porcupine Mountains State Park. All cabins have a complete kitchen, satellite TV, and 2 cabins have a wood-burning stove. The “Porkies” offers something for everyone from beautiful scenery and wildlife to a wide variety of outdoor adventures. Pet friendly. Open year round and on the trails. 227 Farragut, Silver City, MI 49953. Phone: 906-885-5145
View Lodges, 34042 107th Engineers Memorial Highway, Silver City MI. Phone:
906-885-5256. 11 modern lodges on the shores of Lake Superior, 1
mile from the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park. All
lodges have wood burning fireplaces, 2 bedrooms, wireless internet
access, Cable TV, and fully equipped kitchens including a
dishwasher. Screened porch with deck. Ride from the
Cottages and Vacation Homes, 22608 Lakeshore Road,
Ontonagon, Ml 49953. On the Lake Superior shoreline, 15 miles from
Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park. Phone: 906-884-4230 or
toll free: 866-207-5015. Each lodging unit is fully equipped with
a kitchen, color cable TV, phones, 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms, fireplaces
in most cottages and Cedar Lodge. Linens, towels & bathtubs
with showers. Ride from the door.
- River Road RV Park, Campground, and Bunkhouse. 600 River Road, Ontonagon, MI 49953. Phone: 906-884-4600. Year Round camping by the Ontonagon River. 30 full hookups, pull through sites, and tent sites. Wi-Fi. Shower Room (handicap accessible) with hot showers and heated floor, Dump station, Laundry Room, Playground, and a Bunk House that sleeps up to 8 guests “dorm style”. Lake Superior water access. Located only 15 minutes from the Porcupine Mountains State Park. Many ATV, ORV, Multiuse, Snowmobile, and Equestrian trails in the County. Pets Welcome (Horses can be accommodated.)
- Superior Shores Resort, 26156 W State Highway M-64, Ontonagon, MI, 49953. Phone:
906-884-2653. Located 5 miles west of Ontonagon on Lake Superior.
7 unit motel, showers. Three cottage units, townhouse style, with
view of Lake Superior. Cottages have full kitchen, coffee maker,
Cable TV. Grills and picnic tables. Sand beach for relaxing. Wood
provided for your campfire. Weekly rates available. Easy Trail
MI (10 miles south of Bruce
- Running Bear
Resort, 4593 Old US 45 South, Paulding, MI 49912.
Phone: 906-827-3208. Located 8 miles north of Watersmeet and 10
miles south of Bruce Crossing, Running Bear Resort offers six
comfortable newly remodeled one and two bedroom cabins with air
conditioning, dish TV, and full kitchens with new appliances.
Campground with electric and water. (RV's need to be
self-contained, outhouse available). Conveniently located near
outstanding outdoor recreation, Running Bear Resort is surrounded
by the Ottawa National Forest and near the Bond Falls Flowage and
the Sylvania Wilderness. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails.
TROUT CREEK, MI on Highway M-28
Loop Road Lodge is located on a 40-acre meadow in Trout Creek, MI in the Western Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Conveniently located near the Ottawa National Forest, waterfalls, lakes, streams, and recreational trails, the Loop Road Lodge has 5 bedrooms, 5 1/2 bathrooms, kitchen with dishwasher, laundry room, and large screen satellite TV. Perfect for your family, 2-5 couples, or your large group as the 3,800 square foot lodge offers lots of privacy. Enjoy fishing, hiking, snowmobiling, ATVing, hunting, sightseeing or just relaxing and enjoying the view of the countryside. Phone: 563-505-0414.
White Pine, MI (between Bergland and Silver
City on M-64)
- Konteka Motel, Restaurant,
Bar & Grill, and the Black Bear Bowling Lanes, 400
Main Street in the Mineral Circle Plaza, White Pine MI 49971.
Phone: 906-885-5170. Only 6 miles from the Porcupine Mountains
Wilderness State Park. Motel has 16 guest rooms with refrigerator
and cable TV. Handicap accessible room.
Restaurant open daily serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The
popular Bar and Grill is open serving your
favorite beverage. Large 62" cable TV, juke box, and pool
table. Black Bear Bowling Alley has 8 lanes with league and open
bowling. Banquet/Meeting Room for group gatherings. On snowmobile
trail #1 so you can ride right from the door.
Restaurant and the Black Bear Bar & Grill in White Pine, 6 miles south
of Silver Sity and the Porcupine Mountains and 12 miles north of
Bergland. Full service restaurant and the Bar & Grill is open
sereving your favorite beverages, sandwiches,
and homemade pizza. 400 Main Street in the Mineral
Circle Plaza, White Pine MI 49971. Phone:
906-885-5170. On trail #1 between
Bergland and Silver City.
Bergland, MI by Lake Gogebic (20 miles south of
to Snowmobiling in the Upper Peninsula
- Lake Gogebic Sled Rental is located at the north end of Lake Gogebic in the town of Bergland. Snowmobile rental of new Polaris sleds. Direct trail access. Gas next door. Lake Gogebic Motel and Sled Rental, 3456 North Street at the corner with M-28. Phone 906-575-3262..
Sports Snowmobile & ATV Rentals, Sales and Service, 35714 M-28, Bergland,
MI 49910. Phone: 906-575-3397
or Toll Free:
866-575-1114. Rentals and
sales of new Ski-doo snowmobiles. Full service and parts
department. Rental clothes, helmets, & maps.
Peninsula Towns and Cities
Peninsula Traveler Home Page
Copyright 2004 by Charlotte Simons, webmaster.
All Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act of
1976, as amended, this web site may not be reproduced in whole or in
part in any manner. Unless authorized by the webmaster, reproduction
of any picture, web page or pages on this website,
www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on the internet is a
copyright infringement. All right, title and interest in and to the
material on these web pages, the web site, in whole or in part, and
in and to this url and the urls contained within, is the property of
the webmaster. All website design, text, graphics, selection and
arrangement thereof are the copyrighted works of Charlotte Simons Web
site created on an Apple G-4
Lodging accommodations cabins, cottages, motels,
resorts, vacation homes, and campgrounds on or near the snowmobile
trails and the Porcupine Mountains State Park in Ontonagon County, MI
in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan