Lodgings: Resorts, Motels, Hotels,
Cabins, Cottages, Bed & Breakfasts, Lodges, Campgrounds,
and Vacation Homes, in the Upper Peninsula of
Places to Eat in the Upper Peninsula
This is Page 2: Lodgings (C-F)
Towns and Cities of the Upper Peninsula for specific
Peninsula Weather Forecasts
Cabin In The Woods is a beautiful home located about 19 miles outside of Munising. It is situated right off of Highway 13 in a beautiful wooded area close to Midway General Store, Indian River, and hiking trails such as Bruno’s Run. If you enjoy fishing there are many inland lakes located along H-13. Spend time barbecuing or just enjoying each other’s company out on the back deck listening to birds and Mother Nature at its finest.
117 Parkwood Lane, Negaunee Township, MI. Phone:
708/445-0535. LAKE FRONT PROPERTY. About 10 miles west of Marquette and 3.5 miles north of US-41.
2 bedroom cottage with loft overlooking a
private island in McClure Basin, part of the Dead River
System. Fully equipped kitchen. Living room and dining
area have panoramic views of the lake. Sleeps 8.
Easy trail access.
Spectacular views of Lake Superior from this very unique
cottage on Lake Superior. Based on the design of a
Classic Train Caboose, it has all the luxuries of home
including a 2 person jacuzzi and a gas fireplace. Pets welcome. Located 1/2 hour north of
Newberry on County Rd. 407 (H-37) in Deer Park on a paved
and plowed road. Open year round. Phone: 989-387-8658.
- Camp Shedhorn is located 13 miles northwest of Watersmeet at the edge of the Ottawa National Forest and near the Sylvania Wilderness. Camp Shedhorn has one large bedroom with 3 sets of double bunk beds and two additional bunks in the upper level. Complete kitchen, 42” direct TV, sauna, and wood burning stove. 3 large pools for swimming and trout fishing. . . the perfect location for enjoying the outdoors. On the ATV and snowmobile trails. Pets welcome. E19450 Old US Highway 2, Watersmeet, MI 49969. Phone 715-356-4381
- Chamberlins Ole Forest Inn,
P.O. Box 307, Curtis, MI 49820, 800-292-0440 or
906-586-6000. Overlooking Big Manistique Lake, a mile
north of Curtis Michigan in the Eastern Upper Peninsula.
Full of history, updated in the '90s in its decor,
secluded, casual fine dining, 11 well-appointed guest
Econo Lodge of Munising.
Casual, Relaxed and Friendly - 80
modern spacious rooms, indoor pool, sauna and hot tub,
Cable TV, Wireless Internet Access. Deluxe rooms, suites
and rooms with connecting doors available. Guest Laundry.
Heated garage for snowmobile repairs. Snowmobile rental
at desk. Pets Welcome. Located 3 miles east of Munising
M-28. Cherrywood Lodge, E 10160 Highway
M-28 E, Munising/Wetmore, MI. Phone:
- Christmas Paradise is a 2-bedroom cottage on the shore of Lake Superior in Christmas, Michigan.
Fully equipped kitchen. Satellite TV. Sauna. Sleeps 6. Near the Pictured Rocks Lakeshore and other interesting attractions. Pets welcome. ATV & snowmobile trail head across the street. Open Year Round. Phone: 313-580-5695
- CJ's Up North Inn, located on Main Street in downtown Curtis, offers 7 newly updated units that include 5 kitchenettes. All units have Wi-Fi and DirecTV. Conveniently located across from South Manistique Lake and near dining and shopping. Nightly and weekly rentals. Pets with prior approval. Snowmobile and ATV trail access
. Under new ownership. Phone: 906-586-2044.
- Chuckwagon Bar & Grill for food & beverages.
Open daily at 11 am serving a wide variety of sandwiches,
homemade soup, chili, your favorite beverages, and a
delicious Fish Fry on Friday. Bring the family . Take out
available. On the north side of Highway US-2 at the
intersection of Carpenter Road in Spread Eagle, WI.
7 miles west of Iron Mountain, MI. Phone: 715-696-6220. Snowmobile & ATV trail across
the road with easy access
Paradise, MI, 49768. Phone 906-492-3434. Four fully
equipped modern housekeeping cottages on the shore of
Lake Superior's Whitefish Bay. Cottages sleep 4, have color TV, VCR, large video library
at the office. One 2-bedroom cottage has a fireplace.
Playgrounds, picnic tables, grills, lawn furniture,
campfire pit. 280' of sandy beach. Snowmobile Trail
access. Open year round.
- Copper Crown
Motel (a Magnuson Hotel), 235 Hancock
St., Hancock, MI 49930. Phone 906-482-6111 or
1-800-925-7144 for reservations. 46 room motel with
indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, continental breakfast.
Free wireless internet access. Snowmobile from the parking lot.
- Cottage on the Lake, 42702N Lakeshore Drive, Chassell,
Mi 49916. Phone: 906-482-0562. Lakeside cottage on
Chassell Bay with 3 bedrooms. Sleeps up to 10. Complete
kitchen. Cable TV. Great view of the lake. Swimming,
fishing, and boat dock. Great ice fishing. Near cross-
country ski and snowmobile trails. 9 miles south of
- Coyote RV Park & Campground is located 1 mile west of US-41, near Stephenson, MI, or 21 miles north of Menominee in the south central Upper Peninsula of Michigan. 50 spacious sites on 40 acres in the scenic countryside. Nightly, monthly, and seasonal rates. Recreation Room with complete kitchen. Shower house, pavilion, & playground. 3-bedroom rental cottage. Pets welcome. Special Fun Events. W6182 County Road G-12
, Stephenson, MI 49887. Phone: 906-753-4946.
- Cozy Cabin on
Portage Lake is a 3-bedroom log cabin with a
loft. Open concept living
area and a complete kitchen with a dishwasher. Located 7 miles east of Hancock, the cabin is
convenient to events at Michigan Tech and Finlandia
University as well as shopping, sightseeing, and enjoying
the history of the Copper Country. Easy trail access to
snowmobile and ATV trails. Nice shoreline on Portage Lake
with a dock for sunning or relaxing. Bring your boat for
fishing or water fun. Cozy Cabin, Dollar Bay, MI 49922. Phone:
- Days Inn Iron Mountain, Newly renovated Inn has 45 rooms with Cable TV and Complimentary Day Break Breakfast. Free High Speed Wireless Internet. Heated Indoor Pool and Spa. Exercise facility. Guest Laundry. Large parking lot. Pets welcome. Located on the south side of Iron Mountain at 2001 S. Stephenson Ave. (US-2 & US-141), Iron Mountain, MI 49801. Phone: 906-774-2181
- Duval's Lakeside
Resort on the Menominee River, N4849 Harding
Park Road, Iron Mountain, MI 49801. 906-774-1689
Housekeeping cabins on the Menominee Flowage. 1, 2 and 3
bedrooms, pleasant front rooms, modern bathrooms, finest
kitchens with electric stoves, large refrigerators,
cooking utensils and dishes furnished. Television, 2 to 8
people per unit. Picnic table and grill near each
Lodge-Lakeside Cabins, M-26, Lakeshore Drive,
Eagle Harbor MI, 49950 (906-289-4294) On Highway M-26
between Eagle Harbor (10 miles) and Copper Harbor (3
miles). 8 Cabins on Lake Superior, one, two and three
bedrooms, one log cabin with fireplace. All cabins have a view of Lake Superior. Pets Welcome.
- Eagle View Vacation Home on Lake Superior is located 15 miles northeast of L'Anse, MI on Pt. Abbaye. Cottage has 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, a gas fireplace, and a complete kitchen with a dishwasher, and a washer & dryer. 150' of Lake Superior beach and an awesome view. Easy trail access. Phone: 920-488-2031.
- Edgewater Log
Cabin Resort, N4128 North U.S. 2, Iron
Mountain, Michigan 49801. Phone (906) 774-6244. Nine fully equipped housekeeping log cabins
on the Menominee River 3 miles west of Iron Mountain,
Michigan. Color cable TV, outside barbecue and your own
boat and dock slip. Relax and watch the deer coming down
to the waters edge to drink.
Star Motel, 7511 State Highway M-123, (South Newberry Avenue) Newberry MI 49868, 40 clean comfortable rooms with queen sized beds, some with kitchenettes. Large indoor heated pool. Cable TV with HBO and Cinemax, AC. Open year round. Snowmobile from your door. Phone: 906-293-8342 or 800-832-5216. The Evening Star Motel has merged with the
Park-a-Way Motel, located next door.
49862. Phone 906-387-1633. This cozy two
bedroom cottage is located just south of M-28 in the
village of Christmas. Complete kitchen, gas fireplace,
cable TV, and air conditioning. The sunroom can be used
as an additional sleeping area. Within 5 miles of the
Pictured Rocks and Grand Island and near Lake Superior
beaches. On the snowmobile trail. Pet
- Filpus Log
Cabins, HC 1, Box 179, Pelkie MI 49958. Phone
906-334-2639. 2 log cabins on Otter Lake near the
Sturgeon River headwaters. Cabin 1 sleeps 5+, Cabin 2
sleeps 6. Sauna. Each cabin has private dock and boat.
Great for fishing, hunting, snowmobling. On the trail. 30
miles south of Houghton
- Fort Drummond Marine and Resort on Whitney Bay, Drummond Island, MI offers 3 rental cabins, 3 vacation homes, one on a private island, and a campground for enjoying beautiful Drummond Island.Pets Welcome. There are 2 cabins available for winter rental. Pontoon, kayak, boat, and motor rentals. Only 1 hour from the Mackinac Bridge. Ferry runs hourly from 6 am to 11pm with 2 night trips. Fort Drummond Marine and Resort on Whitney Bay. Phone: 906-493-
5359 or 906-493-5471
This is Page 2: Lodgings (C-F)
for more information
- Beautiful is the sun, O strangers,
- When you come so far to see us!
- All our town in peace awaits you,
- All our doors stand open for you;
- You shall enter all our wigwams,
- For the heart's right hand we give you.
- Song of Hiawatha, W.W. Longfellow
Back to Upper Peninsula
Back to Home Page: Exploring
Photo Indigo Bunting: by David Martin
Copyright 1997 by Vivian Wood,