Lodgings: Resorts, Motels, Hotels,
Cabins, Cottages, Bed & Breakfasts, Lodges, Campgrounds,
and Vacation Homes in the Upper Peninsula of
Places to Eat in the Upper Peninsula
Towns and Cities of the Upper Peninsula for specific
This is Page 3 (G-M)
Click Here to
Search our Site
- Gateway Lodge in Land O' Lakes, Wisconsin offers suites and studios in the northwoods of Wisconsin on the border between Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Sit in front of the crackling fire in the large lobby, take a dip in the heated swimming pool, or enjoy a relaxing sauna. Restaurant and lounge. Gateway Gun Club offers sport shooting open to the public. Airport. 9 hole golf course. On the hiking, biking, cross-cou
ntry skiing, snowmobile, and ATV trails with equipment rentals nearby. Nightly rentals. Gateway Lodge, Land O' Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 715-547-3321
US Highway 2, Manistique, MI 49854. Phone: 906-341-2410.
Indoor pool, spa, and game room. 40 comfortable
air-conditioned units, all with a view of Lake Michigan.
In-room high-speed internet service, cable TV, direct
dial phones, coffee makers, and hair dryers. Located two
miles east of Manistique with a private beach on Lake
Michigan. Directly on snowmobile trail.
- Green Gables
Resort on Milakokia Lake. Phone: (906) 477-6207. One
and three bedroom housekeeping cottages on Milakokia
Lake, only 60 minutes west of the Bridge. Full kitchens.
Satellite TV. Each cottage comes with a 14' aluminum boat
with rental motors available. All cabins are lake front
with a screened porch overlooking the lake. Sandy
swimming area, and 100 foot dock.
- Halfway Lake
Cottages. Phone: (906) 869-0098. Halfway between Newberry and Lake
Superior. Housekeeping cabins in a 200 acre hardwood
forest on a private lake. Satellite TV. Wi-Fi/ Great swimming and fishing.
Hideaway Rental Cottage
is located 12
miles south of Munising in the Hiawatha National Forest.
The cottage has 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms with 3 sofa
sleepers for additional guests. Sleeps from 8-12.
Satellite TV with DVD player. Washer &
dryer. Easy snowmobile and ATV trail access. Pets welcome
with prior approval. Phone: 906-387-1633.
- Hills Point Resort on Lake Huron offers Cabin Rentals and Boat Rentals in the Les Cheneaux Islands, only 35 miles from the Mackinac Bridge. Newly renovated two and three bedroom cabins on a sandy Lake Huron beach. Cable TV. Wi-Fi. New owners have made many updates to the cabins. Pets welcome. Hills Point Resort. Phone: 906-236-2449.
- Horizon Point Cottage on Lake Superior in the Keweenaw Peninsula. Two-bedroom Vacation Home on 5-Mile Point Road, a short distance south of Eagle River, MI. Living area has comfortable furnishings, a gas fireplace, and a wonderful view of Lake Superior. Kitchen has full-size appliances including a dishwasher. Washer & Dryer. Large deck for relaxing. Phone: 402-218-0789 or 402-680-5754.
Lodge, Curtis, MI.
906-586-3545. Modern Housekeeping Cabins on Big
Manistique Lake. Fishing Contests, private island with
pavilion for picnics and camping, hot tubs, laundry room,
all types of boat rentals. Handicap
accessible cabins. Easy trail access.
- Jack Pine Lodge, Cabins, and Campground is located 20 minutes northwest of Manistique on Highway M-94 or 25 minutes southeast of Munising in the Hiawatha National Forest. Campground offers 27 sites with electric and water hook-ups, new shower house, and designated horse sites. Six 1-3 bedroom cabins. Wi-Fi. On the ORV and Snowmobile trail. Gas available. Restaurant and Lounge open daily at noon. Phone: (906) 573-2414
Creek Cabin, Phone: 906-892-8467. Three-bedroom cabin
nestled in the woods of the Hiawatha National Forest,
just south of AuTrain, MI. Open concept living area with
a full kitchen and one bathroom. Sofa sleeper. Beautiful
surroundings offer privacy and seclusion on Joel Creek.
Conveniently located near area attractions and
recreation. Easy access to snowmobile and ATV
Kayakers Cove Overlooks Munising Bay. It is one mile from downtown Munising on Lake st. Our home comes with linens, towels and a complete kitchen. There is a washer and dryer in the basement. There is also a full size pool table in the basement too. We are at 1313 Lake st. which is a dead end street over looking Munising Bay. This will ad to your privacy. Our place has high speed fiber optic internet. If you have to do some work while on vacation its the fastest internet around. We also have satellite tv, and netflix. Seperate smart tv in basement. We also have a couple games/puzzles for the kids. Pets are allowed w/ prior approval. Our normal rates are $189 nightly, 2 night minimum, $75 cleaning fee. 6% Michigan sales tax. Pets are $25 per pet per stay w/ prior approval. We have 3 bedrooms on the main floor. 2 queen size beds and a single. We also have a queen bed in the basement. You can contact us @ 906-450-4386 or email@example.com. Mention you found our place with exploringthenorth and receive 5% off your stay.
- Kemp's Four Season
Log Home Rental, the Country House Vacation
Rental, Chassell, MI
49916. Phone 906-483-0334. Located 11 miles south of
Houghton in the Keweenaw Peninsula. Beautiful log home
sleeps 9, whirlpool, fireplace, snack bar, dining room,
great room, air conditioning, access to the snowmobile
- Kemp's Portage
Lake Log Home. The Lake House Vacation Rental,
is a newly constructed log home with 4 bedrooms and 3
bathrooms on Portage Lake. The main level has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a
living area with a vaulted ceiling and a flat screen TV.
Complete kitchen with dishwasher and a
laundry room on both the main level and the walkout lower
level. The Lower Level has 2 bedrooms and can be rented
separately or you can rent the entire home. Located 5
miles east of Hancock next to Sandy Bottom Beach and boat
launch. On the snowmobile and ATV trails.
Phone: 906 483-0334.
14844 LL Road, Wetmore, MI 49895. Phone (906) 573-2237
for reservations. Kenbuck is a sportsman's resort with 5
clean housekeeping cabins. These secluded cabins are deep
in the Hiawatha National Forest, 100 lakes within 10
miles of the cabins, outstanding hunting, real
snowmobiling and snowshoeing. Bring your horse for a very
different vacation. Close to the Pine Marten Run, 18
miles south of Munising.
Shelter Bay Resort and Charter Fishing on Lake
Superior. Highway M-28, AuTrain, MI
49806. Phone: 906-892-8277.
Located on the shores of Lake Superior, Kimar's Resort
features 2, 3, and 4 bedroom housekeeping cottages and a
3-bedroom mobile home. 300' sandy beach, picnic tables,
grills, and fire pit for your campfires. Lots of room for
your boat and snowmobile trailers. Boat ramp. Direct
access to snowmobile trail 417 for some winter fun.
Kimar's Charters offers trolling, casting, and jigging
fishing trips on Lake Superior to the Shelter Bay Flats,
the Big Reef, and Stannard Rock.
- Konteka Motel,
Restaurant, Bar & Grill, and the Black Bear Bowling
Lanes, 400 Main Street in the Mineral Circle
Plaza, White Pine MI 49971. Phone: 906-885-5170. Only 6
miles from the Porcupine Mountains State Park. Motel has
16 guest rooms with refrigerator and cable TV. Handicap
accessible room. Restaurant open
daily serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The popular
Bar and Grill serves your
favorite beverages, a variety of sandwiches, appetizers,
and homemade pizza & subs. Large 62" cable TV. Black
Bear Bowling Alley has 8 lanes with league and open
bowling. On snowmobile trail #1
& ATV trails . . . ride right from the door.
Cozy Cabins in the Hiawatha National
just 15 miles southwest of Munising. Phone: 906-387-5327.
The two comfortable cabins have a full kitchen, living
area with satellite TV, VCR, & DVD players and futons
for extra guests. One bedroom on the main floor and a
loft with 4 twin beds. Sleeps up to 8. On the snowmobile
and ATV trails. Perfect for a large group with lots of parking for
trailers and large rigs. Pets welcome.
- Lake Gogebic Motel is located at the north end of Lake Gogebic in the town of Bergland. The motel offers 17 guest rooms accommodating 1 to 7 guests. All rooms have Wi-Fi and Cable TV. Snowmobile rental of new sleds. Direct trail access. Gas next door. Pets Welcome. Lake Gogebic Motel, 456 North Street at the corner with M-28. Phone 906-575-3262.
- The Lake House Vacation Home is located on the shores of Lake Superior only 4 miles from Ontonagon and 13 miles from the Porcupine Mountains. The home has 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, and will sleep up to 12 guests. There is a complete kitchen with a dishwasher, washer & dryer, Wi-Fi, and flat screen cable TV. Electric fireplace. Sandy beach on Lake Superior. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Nightly rentals welcome. Phone: 90
- Lake of the Clouds Resort offers four recently updated cabins located in a wooded setting 1 mile east of the Porcupine Mountains State Park. All cabins have a complete kitchen, satellite TV, and 2 cabins have a wood-burning stove. The “Porkies” offers something for everyone from beautiful scenery and wildlife to a wide variety of outdoor adventures. Pet friendly. Open year round and on the trails. Ph
Shore Log Lodge on Lake Superior in the
Central Upper Peninsula. Phone: 906-202-1914. Log
Vacation Home has 4 bedrooms with 3 1/2 baths and a
double size Jacuzzi tub. Full kitchen, Satellite TV, and sirius radio. Laundry
room. Decks overlook Lake Superior for outstanding views
and amazing sunsets. Heated garage. N7865 Sunset Road off
Highway M-28, AuTrain, MI 49806. Easy snowmobile and ORV
Cabins Resort on Whitefish Bay, 1/4 mile north
of the blinking light on Whitefish Point Road. Phone:
906-492-3368. 7 modern cabins with 1, 2, & 3 bed
units available. Color TV. Housekeeping cabins with
complete kitchens, playground, outdoor grills, picnic
tables, and fire pits. 600 feet of sandy beach. Quiet
wooded setting for family vacations. Reasonable rates.
Direct access to snowmobile and ski trails. Ample parking
for trailers. Sorry,
No Pets. Summer Fun - Fall Colors - Winter Sports -
Resort, N-7017 AuTrain/Forest Lake Road,
AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone: 906-892-8455. Lodging overlooking AuTrain Lake at Bear and Fox Cabins. Bear Cabin has 2 bedrooms with a screened porch and sleeps up to 4. Fox Cabin has 1 bedroom and sleeps up to 2. Heat & Air-conditioners. Fully equipped kitchens. Cable TV, WI-FI. Picnic tables and charcoal grills. 100' of sand beach on AuTrain Lake for swimming, boating, fishing, or sitting in the sand.
- Lazy Cedars Log Cabin near the Seney National Wildlife Refuge. Located on 30 acres of private land, the log cabin has one bedroom with a loft and will sleep up to 8 guests. Wood-burning fireplace. . Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Enjoy cross-country ski trails at the Seney Refuge. Near the Manistique River for fishing, and canoeing. Camp 23 Road, Blaney Park, MI 49836. Phone 517-499-6605
- Little Cove
Resort on Milakokia Lake, N5956 E. Milakokia
Lake Road, Gould City MI, 49838. Phone 906-477-9956. Four
2 and 3 bedroom cottages, each with a boat. Rental motors
available. Campground with flush toilets. 200 feet of
Milakokia Lake shoreline with private docks. Childrens
play area. Fish, swim, snowmobile or relax. 60 miles west
of the Mackinac Bridge, one mile south of US 2 on East
Milakokia Lake Road.
- Lodging in downtown Copper Harbor. The Keweenaw Adventure Company offers 3 lodging options. The Chalet (upstairs apartment) is year round, the downstairs apartment has 2 bedrooms and is available fall and winter, and the Cottage is available during the warmer months. Rentals are 2 blocks from Lake Superior, are fully furnished, and have satellite TV and Wi-Fi. Phone: 906-289-4303
- Long Point Lodge on South Manistique Lake is a 6 bedroom rental cottage with 2 bathrooms. Complete kitchen with a dishwasher. Washer and dryer. Wood-burning fireplace in the recreation room and a gas fireplace in the living room. Cable TV. On the trails. Pets with prior approval. Phone: (906) 286-9580
- Loop Road Lodge is located on a 40-acre meadow in Trout Creek, MI in the Western Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Conveniently located near the Ottawa National Forest, waterfalls, lakes, streams, and recreational trails, the Loop Road Lodge has 5 bedrooms, 5 1/2 bathrooms, kitchen with dishwasher, laundry room, and large screen satellite TV. Perfect for your family, 2-5 couples, or your large group as the 3,800 square foot lodge offers lots of pr
ivacy. Enjoy fishing, hiking, snowmobiling, ATVing, hunting, sightseeing or just relaxing and enjoying the view of the countryside.
- Magnuson Hotel Copper Crown, 235 Hancock St., Hancock,
MI 49930. Phone 906-482-6111 or 1-800-925-7144 for
reservations. 46 room motel with indoor pool, whirlpool,
sauna, continental breakfast. Free wireless internet
access. Snowmobile from the parking lot.
Resort Relax in Luxury on Famous Big Manistique Lake in Curtis, Michigan for
Year-Round Vacation Fun! Chalets & Ranch Style
Cabins, all with Fireplaces. Phone: 1-(906) 586-3285 or 1-(800)-587-3285 (Reservations
Cove, Highway M-28, Christmas, MI
49862. Phone: 906-387-1617 or 260-693-3224. Three bedroom
rental home on Lake Superior. Sleeps up to 8. 1 1/2
baths. Dish TV, washer, and dryer. Complete kitchen.
Beach with pier. 3-day minimum. Also for rent, a
2-bedroom lower level apartment, sleeps up to 6 with Lake
Superior access. Dish TV. Complete kitchen. Pet Friendly. Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access.
- Michigamme Shores Campground is located on the shores of Lake Michigamme and offers pull through, full hookup, tent sites, and camping cabins. Modern restrooms shower, and laundry facilities. Well stocked camp store. Nice sandy beach for swimming. Great fishing. Basketball, beach volleyball, tennis courts with rental equipment available. Boat, canoe, and kayak rentals. Wi-Fi. Pets Welcome. Michigamme Shores
Campground, Highway 41W 64 Purple Road, Michigamme, MI 49814. Phone: 906- 339-2116.
- Midtown Apartment is located in downtown Munising, only 1 block from Lake Superior and Bayshore Park. The apartment is on the second floor, has 3 bedrooms, and will sleep up to 8 guests. Cable TV, Wi-Fi. Complete kitchen with a dishwasher and a washer and dryer. Newly remodeled in the summer of 2017. Open year round. Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access. Call Maria at 906-361-4839 or Melinda at 906-202-0427
View Lodges, 34042 107th Engineers Memorial Highway, Silver
City MI. Phone: 906-885-5256. 11 modern lodges on the
shores of Lake Superior, 1 mile from the Porcupine
Mountains State Park. All lodges have wood burning
fireplaces, 2 bedrooms, Cable TV,
and fully equipped kitchens including a dishwasher.
Screened porch with grill and deck. Handicap accessible
lodge. Pets accepted in some lodges.
This is Page 3 (G-M)
for more information
- Peacefully slept Hiawatha,
- But he heard the Wawonaissa,
- Heard the whippoorwill complaining,
- Perched upon his lonely wigwam;
- Heard the rushing Sebowisha,
- Heard the rivulet rippling near him,
- Talking to the darksome forest;
- Heard the sighing of the branches,
- As they lifted and subsided
- At the passing of the night-wind,
- Heard them, as one hears in slumber
- Far-off murmurs, dreamy whispers:
- Peacefully slept Hiawatha.
- Song of Hiawatha, W.W. Longfellow
Back to Upper Peninsula
Home Page: Exploring
Photo: Yellow-rumped Warbler by David Martin