Have a Wonderful
in the Beautiful Upper Peninsula of
Vacation rentals with fireplaces
Bed and Breakfasts,
Inns and Historic Hotels
Ahmeek. MI (15
miles north of Hancock in the Keweenaw Peninsula)
- Sunset Bay RV
Resort, Campground, and Cabins on the shores
of Lake Superior, 7 miles north of Ahmeek on Five Mile
Point Road or 7 miles south of Eagle River, MI in the
Keweenaw Peninsula. Three rental log cabins with one or
two bedrooms, fireplaces and full kitchens. 2701 Sunset
Bay Beach Road. Ahmeek, MI 49901. Phone: 906-337-2494 (summer):
west of Munising and the Pictured Rocks National
- Au Train Lake Museum Cottage, N6915 Forest Lake Road AuTrain, Michigan 49806. The rustic cedar Museum Cottage is fully outfitted and ideal for one or two guests. Fireplace with gas log, WIFI, and a complete kitchen. Overlooking AuTrain Lake and Paulson Pond.
- Au Train River Cottages: Cozy one and two bedroom cottages by the Au Train River near Munising and the Pictured Rocks. Cottages have cable TV, a gas fireplace, wood interior, and are a few feet from the river where there is a sand bottomed area for swimming. Easy access to ATV and Snowmobile Trails. N7123 Au Train-Forest Lake Road, Au Ttrain,
MI 49806. Phone: 906-364-8110
Log Lodge on Lake
Phone: 906-202-1914. Log Vacation Home
has 4 bedrooms with 3 1/2 baths and a double size Jacuzzi
tub. Full kitchen. Wood stove and satellite
TV. Laundry room.
Decks overlook Lake Superior for outstanding views and
amazing sunsets. Heated garage. N7865 Sunset Road off
Highway M-28, AuTrain, MI 49806. Easy snowmobile and ORV
- Superior Times Resort and Campground on AuTrain Lake, AuTrain,
Michigan. Phone: (906) 362-9612. 1-2-3 bedroom
housekeeping cottages, all with views of the lake. Some cottages have fireplaces. Wooded campground with electric and rustic sites. Game room and store with bait shop. Sandy beach for swimmimg. Fish cleaning house.
Playground. Open year round. On the snowmobile and ATV trails. Pets welcome.
- The Tree House
Cottage Rental on the AuTrain River,
Perry Road, AuTrain, MI. Phone toll free: 800-720-0410.
This newly remodeled three-bedroom rental cottage has a
complete kitchen, laundry, and a living area with a
custom built wood burning fireplace. Large deck overlooks
the AuTrain River and the sand bottomed beach is shallow
and perfect for children. Pets welcome.
Bay, MI (23 miles
north of Marquette. Cottages on Lake Superior)
Tranquility Haven on Lake Superior in Big Bay, MI offers a variety of deluxe accommodations on beautiful Squaw Beach. Accommodations include the Fantasy Beach House that sleeps up to 14 guests, Bay View Cabin that sleeps up to 8 guests, and Bay View Suite for 4 guests. All accommodations have separate entrances with full kitchens and an outstanding view of Lake Superior, but can be combined for a larger group
. Phone: 262-424-1793.
- Blaney Park, MI (Highway M-77 between US-2 and M-28 at Seney, MI)
- Lazy Cedars Log Cabin on Camp 23 Road near the Seney National Wildlife Refuge. Located on 30 acres of private land, the log cabin has one bedroom with a loft and will sleep up to 8 guests. Wood-burning fireplace. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Enjoy cross-country ski trails at the Seney Refuge. Near the Manistique River for fishing, and canoeing. Phone 517-499-6605
MI (10 miles south
of Houghton and Hancock)
- Kemp's Four Season
Log Home Rental, P33A Upper Pike River Road,
Chassell, MI 49916. Phone 906-483-0334. The Country House
is located 11 miles south of Houghton in the Keweenaw
Peninsula. Beautiful smoke-free log home sleeps 9, air
conditioned, whirlpool, fireplace, snack bar, dining
room, great room, access to the snowmobile
MI (3 miles west of Munising by
Cottage, Christmas, MI
49862. Phone 906-387-1633. This cozy two
bedroom cottage is located just south of M-28 in the
village of Christmas. Complete kitchen, gas fireplace,
cable TV, and air conditioning. Within 5 miles of the
Pictured Rocks and Grand Island and near Lake Superior
beaches. On the snowmobile trail. Pet
(at the tip of the
MI & Gould City
(60 miles west of
the Mackinac Bridge) The Manistique Lakes
- Green Gables
Resort on Milakokia Lake, Milakokia Lake
Road, Gould City, MI. Phone: (906) 477-6207. One
and three bedroom housekeeping cottages on Milakokia
Lake, only 60 minutes west of the Bridge. Full kitchens.
Satellite TV. One three bedroom cottage has a
wood-burning fireplace. All cabins are lake front with a
screened porch overlooking the lake. Sandy swimming area,
grass yard, a 100 foot dock, and a fish cleaning
- Long Point Lodge on South Manistique Lake is a 6 bedroom rental cottage with 2 bathrooms. Complete kitchen with a dishwasher. Washer and dryer. Wood-burning fireplace in the recreation room and a gas fireplace in the living room. Cable TV. On the trails. Pets with prior approval. 18154 Long Point Road, Curtis, MI Phone: (906) 286-9580
Resort Relax in luxury on famous Big Manistique Lake in Curtis, Michigan for
year-round vacation fun! Chalets & Ranch Style
Cabins, all with fireplaces. Great fishing and water
sports. Snowmobiling, cross country skiing, and ice
fishing. Phone: 1-(906) 586-3285 or 1-(800)-587-3285 (Reservations
- Eagle River, MI
- Horizon Point Cottage on Lake Superior in the Keweenaw Peninsula. Two-bedroom Vacation Home on 5-Mile Point Road a short distance south of Eagle River, MI. Living area has comfortable furnishings, a gas fireplace, and a wonderful view of Lake Superior. Kitchen has full-size appliances including a dishwasher. Washer & Dryer. Large deck for relaxing. Phone: 402-218-0789 or 402-680-5754.
- Drummond Island, MI
- Fort Drummond Marine and Resort on Whitney Bay, Drummond Island, MI offers a 3-bedroom vacation home with wood burning fireplace on a private island in Whitney Bay. Pontoon Boat included for travel to and from shore. Pontoon, kayak, boat, and motor rentals. Only 1 hour from the Mackinac Bridge. Fort Drummond Marine and Resort on Whitney Bay, 36183 S. Whitney Bay Road, Drummond Island, MI 49726. Phone: 906-493-5359 or 906-493-547
Marais, MI (On
Lake Superior at the eastern entrance to the Pictured Rocks)
- Greenland, MI (12miles south of Ontonagon)
- Gulliver, MI (11 miles east of
Manistique on US-2)
Hiawatha National Forest and the Lake Superior State Forest (near Munising, MI and the Pictured
- A Powell Shores
Lodge Vacation Home on the shores of Powell
Lake, 6 miles from Munising. Completely furnished modern
3 bedroom home on a 100 acre lake in the Hiawatha
National Forest. Living room has a gas fireplace and
satellite TV. Wi-Fi. Complete kitchen. Large deck. Sand bottomed
beach for swimming with dock for fishing. Boat and canoe.
Snowmobile trail across the road. Pets welcome. Phone:
Resort, N3990 Buckhorn Drive, Munising, MI
49862. Phone 906-387-3559. In the Hiawatha National
Forest offering 2 fully equipped spacious lodges that
sleep from 6 to 22. Some with fireplaces. Motel with 20
rooms equipped with microwaves, refrigerators and coffee
makers. On the snowmobile trails. Restaurant and Lounge.
Perch Lake Road, Munising, MI Full kitchen, laundry, dish TV, VCR, and wood
stove to keep you cozy. Handicap accessible. Private
beach on Perch Lake with dock and sandy shallow beach for
the children. Good fishing. On the snowmobile trail with
ATV trails and cross country ski trails nearby. Pets with
- Our Place Up North on Powell Lake in the Hiawatha National Forest is a 3-bedroom vacation home near Munising. The living area has a wood-burning fireplace, Satellite TV, and Wi-Fi. The house has 2 bathrooms and is air conditioned. Nice shallow sand bottomed beach is fun for the whole family. Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access. Only a short distance to the Pictured Rocks, waterfalls, and many attractions. Small pets welcome. Phone: 614-875-4987.
Cabin on Powell Lake Road.
Phone: 906-387-2112. Cozy 2 bedroom cabin on the shores
of Powell Lake in the Hiawatha National Forest. Complete
kitchen, wood stove, sandy beach for swimming, and good
fishing in Powell Lake or other nearby lakes. Near
Munising, the Pictured Rocks, Grand Island, and Lake
Superior cruises. A peaceful setting for enjoying the
Northwoods without the blare of a TV or phone. Pets with
prior approval. Seasonal.
Ridge Motel and
Lodge, Buckhorn Road, Munising, Michigan Phone (906)
387-3790. All motel units are full housekeeping suites
with individual decks overlooking Hovey Lake. The lodge
has 4 bedrooms and is located on the shore of Hovey Lake.
In the heart of the Hiawatha National Forest.
10 miles southwest of Munising.
& Dollar Bay
(at the entrance to
- Cozy Cabin on the
Portage Canal is a 3-bedroom log cabin with a
sleeping loft. Open concept living area with gas
fireplace and a complete kitchen with a dishwasher. Located 7 miles east of Hancock, the cabin
is convenient to events at Michigan Tech and Finlandia
University as well as shopping, sightseeing, and enjoying
the history of the Copper Country. Easy trail access to
snowmobile and ATV trails. Nice shoreline on Portage Lake
with a dock for sunning or relaxing. Bring your boat for
fishing or water fun. Cozy Cabin, Dollar Bay, MI 49922. Phone:
- Hulbert Lake (on Highway M-28 in
the Eastern Upper Peninsula)
- Sno Shu
Inn, Six cozy
housekeeping cabins with wood stoves, an apartment, and an Inn for groups from 2 to 20. Located in the center of the Eastern Upper Peninsula with hiking, ATV, and
snowmobile trails on the National Forest land across the
road. 10770 South Hulbert Road, Hulbert,
MI 49748. 906-876-2324.
Channing, MI (Dickinson County) and Spread
Resort Country Log Cabins N4128 North U.S. 2,
Iron Mountain, Michigan 49801.Phone (906) 774-6244. Nine fully equipped housekeeping log cabins
on the Menominee River 3 miles west of Iron Mountain,
Michigan. Some cabins have a fireplace. Color cable TV,
outside barbecue, and your own boat and dock slip. Relax
and watch the deer coming down to the waters edge to
- R Cabins are located only 25 miles north of Iron Mountain and offer a duplex log cabin and four one bedroom cabins with kitchens that sleep up to 5 guests. Each duplex unit has 2 bedrooms, a kitchen area, and a gas fireplace. Connecting door between the two units for large groups. Wireless Internet Service. Located in the Copper Country State Forest for hunting and near Sawyer Lake, the Michigamme Re
servoir, and many other lakes for fishing and boating. Snowmobile & ATV trail access. Bait Shop with fishing supplies. Pets welcome. N12178 Highway M-95, Channing, MI 49815. Phone: 906-542-6995.
and Negaunee, MI (15 miles west of
117 Parkwood Lane, Negaunee Township, MI. Phone:
708/445-0535. LAKE FRONT PROPERTY. About 10 miles west of Marquette and 3.5 miles north of US-41.
2 bedroom cottage with loft overlooking a
private island in McClure Basin, part of the Dead River
System. Fully equipped kitchen. Living room and dining
area have panoramic views of the lake. Lower level family room with gas-log stove. Sleeps 8.
Easy trail access.
- Lake Gogebic, Marinesco (in the Western Upper Peninsula) Manistique, MI
- Bear's Nine Pines Resort on Lake Gogebic in the western Upper Peninsula offers 9 comfortable cabins with one, two, or three bedrooms. Satellite TV and wireless internet access. Some cabins have a gas fireplace & hot tub. Nice swimming beach. Boat rentals. Lake Gogebic is ideal for water sports, boating, and year round fishing. Guided fishing and bear hunting trips. Bait & Tackle Shop with licenses and permits. On the snow
mobile and ATV trails. Pets Welcome. Bear's Nine Pines Resort, N9426 State Hwy M-64, Marenisco, MI 49947 Phone: 906-842-3361
- Manistique, MI (on the shores of Lake Michigan)
- Whispering Pines Resort offers 5 rental cabins on the shores of Thunder Lake surrounded by the Hiawatha National Forest. Cabins have 2 bedrooms with a wood-burning fireplace in one cabin. Wi-Fi. Satellite TV. Direct trail access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Great spot for year round outdoor fun or just relaxing and enjoying the beautiful setting on Thunder Lake. Nightly or weekly rentals. Pet Friendly 116
39W Ramsdam Road, Manistique, Mi 49854. Phone: 906-573-2480
entrance to the Pictured Rocks) Also see listings under the
Hiawatha National Forest, Christmas, or AuTrain,
- The Bear Den Cabin is located on Ross Lake between Munising and Grand Marais, only a short drive to the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, the Seney Refuge, and scenic Lake Superior. The newly remodeled 2-bedroom cabin is fully furnished including Wi-Fi, TV with DVD, and a gas fireplace. Complete kitchen with dishwasher. Sleeps 5 guests. If
you are looking for a peaceful spot in the woods for your vacation, the Bear Den is in a great location. On the ATV and Snowmobile trail. Year Round. Contact Maria at 906-361-4839 or Melinda at 906-202-042
north of Newberry in Deer Park. Spectacular views of Lake
Superior from this very unique cottage on Lake Superior.
Based on the design of a Classic Train Caboose, it has
all the luxuries of home including a 2 person jacuzzi and a gas fireplace. Pets welcome.
Located 1/2 hour north of Newberry on County Rd. 407
(H-37). Open year round.
- Halfway Lake
Cottages, 16878 County Rd 505, Newberry, MI
49868. 810-531-1344. Halfway between Newberry and Lake
Superior. Modern housekeeping cabins in a 200 acre
hardwood forest on a private lake. Some with fireplaces. Satellite TV. Wi-Fi.
Great fishing. ATV and snowmobile rentals.
- Superior Agate Haven Vacation Home is located on 180' of Lake Superior beachfront, 29 miles north of Newberry, MI. The vacation rental has 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms. Comfortable furnishings with a wood-burning fireplace. Modern kitchen with dishwasher. Washer and Dryer. Near Muskallonge Lake for swimming and fishing. Wi-Fi. 30966 Muskallonge Trail, Newberry
, MI 49868. Phone: (906) 658-3324 or (805) 990-5469
Upper Peninsula) Near the Porcupine Mountains. Also see
Greenland, Mass City, and Silver City)
- The Lake House Vacation Home is located on the shores of Lake Superior only 4 miles from Ontonagon and 13 miles from the Porcupine Mountains. The home has 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, and will sleep up to 12 guests. There is a complete kitchen with a dishwasher, washer & dryer, Wi-Fi, and flat screen cable TV. Electric fireplace. Sandy beach on Lake Superior. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Nightly rentals welcome. Phone: 90
- Peterson’s Cottages and Vacation Home are located on the Lake Superior shoreline, 15 miles from the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park. Cottages have 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms and are nestled in a wooded area. The cottages are fully equipped with a kitchen, cable TV, Wi-Fi, and air conditioning. Fireplaces in most cottages and in the Cedar Lodge Vacation Home. Handicap accessible cottage. Easy trail access. Phone: 906-884-4230
(on Whitefish Bay,
Lake Superior 70 miles north of the Mackinac Bridge.)
Paradise, MI, 49768. Phone 906-492-3434. Four fully
equipped modern housekeeping cottages on the shore of
Lake Superior's Whitefish Bay. Kitchens include toasters,
coffeemakers and microwaves. Towels and linens included.
Cottages sleep 4, have color TV, VCR, large video library
at the office. One 2-bedroom cottage has a fireplace.
Playgrounds, picnic tables, grills, lawn furniture,
campfire pit. 280' of sandy beach. Paddleboats. Open year
- Paradise Shores Cabins, 8442 N. Whitefish Point Road, Paradise, MI Phone 906-492-3320. Modern log housekeeping cabins on Lake Superior, some with fireplaces.
On the ATV & snowmobile trails.
Sandy beach, DirecTV. Wi-Fi. Open year round
MI (north Central Upper Peninsula)
- Pine Crest
Resort,12199 Pine Crest Lane, Republic,
Michigan, 49879. Phone: 906-376-8237 or Cell:
906-371-0090. Remote lakeside cottages on the Michigamme
River and Juncob Lake. Outstanding northern style
accommodations for all. Located in a beautiful 150 year
old white pine plantation, the two cottages and three log
cabins sleep up to 20. Exceptional ammenities.
Outstanding fishing, hiking, biking and hunting.
Snowmobiling, cross country skiing, ski-joring, and ice
MI (near the Seney Wildlife Refuge)
- Seney Wilderness Lodge is a 2-bedroom vacation home located on the Manistique River by the south entrance to the Seney National Wildlife Refuge in Germfask, Michigan. This outstanding log lodge is situated on 6 acres of land with 1,400 feet of waterfront on the Manistique River. The lodge has a gas fireplace, central AC, modern kitchen with a dishwasher, and a washer and dryer. Relax on the deck overlooking the
river. Rental includes a 16' boat on South Manistique Lake. Phone: 906-586-6601
City, MI (10 miles
west of Ontonagon at the entrance to the Porkies) On Lake
Cabin Up North, 30978 W. Highway M-64,
Silver City, MI 49953. Phone: 906-885-5430. Four seasons
vacation log home with 1000 feet of private beach on Lake
Superior. 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Wood burning fireplace.
Fully equipped kitchen. Satellite TV, Large back deck
overlooking the Lake with fire pit and grill. No smoking.
Sorry, no pets.
- Lake of the Clouds Resort offers four recently updated cabins located in a wooded setting 1 mile east of the Porcupine Mountains State Park. All cabins have a complete kitchen, satellite TV, and 2 cabins have a wood-burning stove. The “Porkies” offers something for everyone from beautiful scenery and wildlife to a wide variety of outdoor adventures. Pet friendly. Open year round and on the trails. N
ew owners. 227 Farragut, Silver City, MI 49953. Phone:906-885-5145
View Lodges, 34042 107th Engineers Memorial Highway, Silver
City MI. Phone: 906-885-5256. 11 modern lodges on the
shores of Lake Superior, 1 mile from the Porcupine
Mountains Wilderness State Park. All lodges have wood
burning fireplaces, 2 bedrooms, Cable TV, and fully
equipped kitchens including a dishwasher. Screened porch
with grill and deck. Pets accepted with additional fee.
Handicap accessible lodge. On the snowmobile
- South Range, MI (5 miles south
of Houghton on Highway M-26)
- Trout Lake, MI (Eastern U.P. only 35 miles from the Bridge on M-123).
- Barnyard on Trout Lake. Two Bedroom rental cabin on the shores of Trout Lake, only 35 minutes from the Bridge. Enjoy fishing, swimming, and relaxing by the water. Beach area has a sandy bottom that is shallow for the kids. Row boat. Complete kitchen, washer & dryer, and a living area with a pellet stove for those cool evenings. On the snowmobile and ATV trail. The Barnyard on Trout Lake, 22215 Agulium Road, Trout Lake, MI 49793.
- Watersmeet, MI
(southwestern Upper Peninsula near
Highway US-45 & US-2
- Camp Shedhorn is located 13 miles northwest of Watersmeet at the edge of the Ottawa National Forest and near the Sylvania Wilderness. Camp Shedhorn has one large bedroom with 3 sets of double bunk beds and two additional bunks in the upper level. Complete kitchen, 42” direct TV, sauna, and wood burning stove. 3 large pools for swimming and trout fishing. . . the perfect location for enjoying the outdoors. On the ATV and snowmo
bile trails. Pets welcome. E19450 Old US Highway 2, Watersmeet, MI 49969. Phone 715-356-4381
- Land O' Lakes, Wisconsin ( 8 miles south of Watersmeet on Highway 45)
- Gateway Lodge in Land O' Lakes, Wisconsin offers suites and studios in the northwoods of Wisconsin on the border between Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Sit in front of the crackling fire in the large lobby, take a dip in the heated swimming pool, or enjoy a relaxing sauna. Restaurant and lounge. Gateway Gun Club offers sport shooting open to the public. Airport. 9 hole golf course. On the hiking,
biking, cross-country skiing, snowmobile, and ATV trails with equipment rentals nearby. Nightly rentals. Gateway Lodge, 4103 Hwy B. Land O' Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 715-547-3321
Rentals in the Upper Peninsula
Food and Lodging in
the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Back to the Upper
Exploring the North