Motels, Hotels, &
Country Inns in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Offering a one night stay.
Listed by town or
MI (on Lake
Superior near the Pictured Rocks and Grand
- Christmas Motel in Christmas, Michigan offers 8 newly redecorated rooms and suites on 6 acres of wooded land next to the Hiawatha National Forest. Guest rooms have queen or double beds, Cable TV, and coffee in each room. Secluded grassy area behind motel with a grill, picnic table, horseshoes, and a fire pit. Only 1/2 mile to restaurants, gift shops, gas, a convenience store, and the casino. Pets Welcome. Easy access to the ATV and snowmobile trails. Christmas Motel, E7621 W M-28, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: (906) 387-7100
- White Pine
Lodge, E7889 W.
M-28, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-1111. Motel
guest rooms include double rooms with queen-sized beds,
king suites with mini-fridge and microwave, and single
rooms. All guest rooms have AC, Cable TV, and Wireless
Internet Access. 2 Handicap units. Elevator. Oversize
Jacuzzi tub. Deluxe complementary Continental Breakfast
with waffles. Adjoining gas station and convenience store
is open 24 hours daily. Next to Kewadin Casino and
Snowmobile & ATV Trail Head. Pets Welcome. Snowmobile & ATV Rentals.
- Calumet, MI (in the Keweenaw Peninsula)
- New Listing: AmericInn Lodge and Suites Calumet is located 11 miles north of Houghton/Hancock and one block west of Highway US-41 in the Keweenaw Peninsula. The AmericInn of Calumet features comfortable guest rooms and suites, Free high-speed internet, and an indoor salt-water pool, hot tub, and sauna. Complimentary hot AmericInn Perk breakfast. Within walking distance to historic sites and downtown Calumet for shopping and restaurants. Pets Welcome. Easy snowmobile and ATV trail access. Near Swede Town cross-country ski trails. AmericInn of Calumet. 56925 South 6th Street. Calumet, Mi 49913. Front Desk: 906-337-6463
MI . . . The
Manistiques Lakes Area
- Chamberlins Ole
Forest Inn, P.O. Box 307, Curtis, MI 49820,
800-292-0440 or 906-586-6000. Overlooking Big Manistique
Lake, a mile north of Curtis Michigan in the Eastern
Upper Peninsula. Full of history, updated in the '90s in
its decor, secluded, casual fine dining, 11
well-appointed guest rooms.
- Sand and Stars Resort and Motel on Big Manistique Lake in Curtis, Michigan offers a 4-unit year round motel for overnight guests or a short stay. The family friendly resort is newly renovated with new furnishings and flooring. Shallow, sandy bottomed swimming area and dock on South Manistique Lake. Enjoy swimming, fishing, and water sports. Boat rentals available at the resort. Sand and Stars Resort and Motel, N8694 County Road H-33, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone: (906) 477-6845 or (906) 420-2848
- Eagle Harbor, MI
- New Listing: Shoreline Resort, located on the shores of Lake Superior in Eagle Harbor, offers a 8 unit Motel, a 2-bedroom cabin, and a 3-bedroom apartment. All accommodations have a wonderful view of Lake Superior. Wi-Fi. Cable TV. Sandy beach. Canoe, kayaks, and a paddle boat available. Pets Welcome. Shoreline Resort, 122 Front Street, Eagle Harbor, MI 49950. Phone: 906-289-4441
Corners/Cooks (by Big Bay de Noc on Lake
Highway US 2, Cooks MI
49817. Phone 906-644-2893.
All rooms have view of
Big Bay de Noc.
Sandy beach and swimming area on Lake
Michigan. Near Fayette. On the snowmobile trail and near ATV trails.
Plenty of parking for trailers. Good fishing and hunting.
Open year round. At the edge of the Hiawatha National
Forest. Pets accepted.
- Grand Marais, MI
(on Lake Superior at the Eastern Entrance to
the Pictured Rocks.)
- North Shore
Lodge. Coast Guard Point Road, Grand Marais,
MI 49839. (906 494-2361) Motel and housekeeping cottages. On the Lake Superior beach. Pets Welcome.
Houghton, and Calumet, MI
at the entrance to the Keweenaw
- Copper Crown Motel, a Magnuson Hotel, 235 Hancock St., Hancock,
MI 49930. Phone 906-482-6111 or 1-800-925-7144 for
reservations. 46 room motel with indoor pool, whirlpool,
sauna, continental breakfast. Free wireless internet
access. Snowmobile from the lot.
- Ramada Waterfront
and Upper Deck Restaurant and Lounge on
Portage Lake, 99 Navy St., Hancock, MI 49930. Phone:
(906) 482-8400 or 1-877-482-8400. 51 rooms, free
continental breakfast, Hot tub rooms available, Handicap
accessible rooms. Pool, whirlpool and sauna. Remote
control cable TV. Free wireless internet access in every
room. Upper Deck Restaurant and Lounge serves lunch and
dinner. Near Michigan Tech University (Houghton) and
Finlandia University (Hancock). On the snowmobile trail
with plenty of room for trailers.
- Super 8 Motel of
Houghton, 1200 E. Lakeshore Drive, Houghton MI
49931. Phone 906-482-2240. 86 room motel, continental
breakfast, pool, whirlpool and sauna. Remote cable TV
with HBO and Disney. On Portage Lake. Boat docks and
fishing piers. 2 blocks from MTU. On the snowmobile
trail. Cross country skiing.
- Trailside Lodge is located on Highway US-41, on the north side of Calumet, MI. The lodge offers 28 newly renovated rooms with cable TV, microwave, fridge, coffee makers, and Wi-Fi. At door parking with large parking lot for your vehicles. On the ATV and Snowmobile Trails with ATV/UTV and Snowmobile rentals at the office. Wonderful riding in the beautiful Keweenaw Peninsula. Close to restaurants, shopping, and the many attractions in the Keweenaw National Historic Park. Pets Welcome. Trailside Lodge, 57900 US-41, Calumet, MI 49913. Phone: (906) 337-9905
- Iron Mountain. MI
(in the south central Upper
- Budget Host Inn
Iron Mountain, North US2, Iron Mountain, MI
49801. 906 774-6797. Motel
Units, Kitchenettes, Kitchen units,
and Apartments. Designated pet rooms. Restaurant and supper
club nearby. High speed wireless internet. Near Lake
Antoine and other recreational facilities. Direct trail
- New Listing: Days Inn Iron Mountain, Newly renovated Inn has 45 rooms with Cable TV and Complimentary Day Break Breakfast. Free High Speed Wireless Internet. Heated Indoor Pool and Spa. Exercise facility. Guest Laundry. Large parking lot. Pets welcome. Located on the south side of Iron Mountain at 2001 S. Stephenson Ave. (US-2 & US-141), Iron Mountain, MI 49801. Phone: 906-774-2181
Motel, N 3957 N. US 2, Iron Mountain MI,
49801.906 774-6106. Economy Rates, Kitchenettes, Modern
motel units feature color cable TV, direct dial phones,
and wireless internet access. Located just 1 mile north
of Bay de Noc Community College. Major Credit Cards
- Iron River, MI
(in the south central Upper
- New Listing: AmericInn Lodge and Suites Iron River, MI is located on Highway US-2 in downtown Iron River, MI. The newest hotel in Iron River offers comfortable king & queen guest rooms & suites with one & two rooms, a fireplace suite, and a whirlpool suite. Elevator. Wireless Internet Access throughout the Lodge. Indoor heated swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, and fitness room. Complimentary AmericInn Perk Breakfast. Large parking lot with cold weather hook-ups. Pet friendly rooms. AmericInn Lodge and Suites Iron River, 40 E Adams Street, Iron River, MI 49935. Phone: 906-265-9100
Lake Inn, 1700 County Road 424,
Gaastra, MI 49927. Motel with 24 first floor guest-rooms,
color TV/VCR, free continental breakfast, AC, and game
room. 8 miles SE of Iron River by Chicaugon Lake for
swimming, boating, & fishing. Near George Young Golf
and Recreation Complex and only 8 miles from Brule
Mountain Ski Area and Resort. On the snowmobile trail,
ride from your door. Pets welcome.
MI (15 miles west of Marquette on US 41 &
- Best Western
Country Inn at the Country Village Resort , 60
guest rooms, Indoor pool & Jacuzzi, coffee makers,
wireless internet. Fittness Center, Meeting and Banquet
Facilities. Adjacent to the Country Restaurant.
Snowmobile, Mountain Biking, and Cross-Coountry Ski
Trails on site. 850 U. S. Highway 41W, Ishpeming, MI
49849. Phone: 906-485-6345.
- Jasper Ridge
Inn, 26 comfortable guest rooms and suites 2
blocks south of the Country Village Resort. Outdoor
heated pool, cable TV, continental breakfast. Located 2
blocks north of the Country Village Resort. 1000 River
Parkway, Ishpeming, MI. Phone: 866-875-4312.
- Manistique, MI
(on the shores of Lake Michigan)
Wolf Lodge, 6770W
US Highway 2, Manistique, MI 49854. Phone: 906-341-2410.
Heated Indoor Pool, Spa, and Game Room. 40 comfortable
air-conditioned units, all with a view of Lake Michigan.
In-room high-speed internet service, cable TV, direct
dial phones, coffee makers, and hair dryers. Located two
miles east of Manistique with a private beach on Lake
Michigan. Directly on snowmobile trail. New
Motel, 5939W US Highway 2, Manistique, MI
49854. Phone: 906-341-2710. 4 miles east of Manistique,
opposite the Schoolcraft County Airport. 20 modern units,
cable TV, telephones, tub/shower combination, queen and
double beds, spacious grounds. Three triple rooms
containing 2 double beds and 1 twin bed. Playground,
hiking trails. Free continental breakfast. Near Casino.
Access to snowmobile trails. Plenty of parking. Pets
Motel, East US-2, Manistique, Ml 49854. Phone
906-341-5363. Located about 1-1/4 miles east of
Manistique on the shore of Lake Michigan. Spacious rooms
with tub/shower combination and phones. Color cable TV.
Reasonable rates. Access to snowmobile trails. Coffee in
rooms. Open year round. MasterCard and VISA cards
honored. Pets accepted.
- Munising, AuTrain, & Wetmore, MI (Alger County by the Pictured Rocks Lakeshore
& Grand Island)
- Alger Falls
Motel, E9427 HIghway M-28, Munising, MI 49862.
Phone: 906-387-3536. AAA Approved. 16 motel units with
wireless internet access. Air conditioning, cable TV and
direct dial phones. Recreation room with full cooking
facilities for guests. Access to snowmobile
Resort & Motel in the Hiawatha
National Forest offers 2 fully equipped spacious lodges
and a 20 unit motel. All on the snowmobile and ATV trails. Restaurant and Lounge. Lodges sleep from 6
to 22. Motel rooms have microwaves, refrigerators and
- Cherrywood Lodge Casual, Relaxed and Friendly - Join Us All Year Round. 80
modern spacious rooms, indoor pool, sauna and hot tub,
Cable TV, Wireless Internet Access. Deluxe rooms, suites
and rooms with connecting doors available. Guest Laundry.
Heated garage for snowmobile repairs. Snowmobile rental
at desk. Pets Welcome. Located 3 miles east of Munising
on Highway M-28. E 10160 Highway M-28 E,
Munising/Wetmore, MI. Phone: 906-387-4864
Inn Express Lakeview, E8998 Highway
M-28, Munising, MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-4800. New hotel
on the shores of Lake Superior, only 2 miles west of
downtown Munising on M-28. There are 62 rooms, 15 one
& two bedroom suites, 4 handicap rooms, and the areas
largest indoor pool. Hot tub, sauna, and fitness center.
Complementary Continental Breakfast. Elevator. In-room
high speed internet access and cable TV. Outstanding view
of the Pictured Rocks. Meeting room and gift shop. Easy
access to the snowmobile trail.
Exposure Log Cabin offers Nightly Rentals. E5397 Norlin Way, AuTain, MI.
Phone: 906-387-3682 or 586-419-7880. New log cabin
nestled in the woods 10 miles west of Munising. One bedroom with a full-sized
bed and large sleeping loft with 2 twin beds and a
double-bed. Bathroom with tub/shower combination.
Complete kitchen with microwave and coffee maker. TV/VCR
with local service, a sleeper sofa, and a wood-burning
stove in the great room. Near AuTrain Lake, the sand
beach on Lake Superior, the Pictured Rocks, Grand Island,
and the Hiawatha National Forest.
on the Bay
1315 Bay Street, Munising, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-4574.
AAA Approved. All rooms on beautiful Munising Bay of Lake
Superior. Lakefront Rooms with awesome view,
Kitchenettes, One and Two Bedroom Units. Picnic tables,
charcoal grills and a private beach. Two 3-bedroom
Vacation Homes by the motel.
Motel and Suites, 500 East M-28, Munising,
Michigan 49862. Phone: 906-387-1600 or Toll free:
1-866-387-1600. Motel has 15 rooms and 3 suites, one
suite will sleep up to 7 people. Rooms and Suites have
in-room coffee, tub/shower combinations, direct dial
phones, and Cable TV with HBO. Rollaways available.
Located close to Lake Superior, within walking distance
of restaurants, shopping, and nightlife. Pets are
Motel, 420 Prospect, Munising, Michigan.
906-387-2735 or Fax 906-387-2534. Relax in one of our 18
exceptionally clean rooms with at-door parking and a
large lot for parking trucks and trailers. Open year
round, we offer a combination of singles, doubles, 2
bedroom units and family units for up to 7
- Timber Ridge
Motel and Lodge, N4045 Buckhorn Road,
Munising, Michigan 49862, Phone (906) 387-3790. All motel
units are full housekeeping suites with individual decks
overlooking Hovey Lake. The lodge has 4 bedrooms and is
located on the shore of Hovey Lake southwest of Munising,
in the heart of the Hiawatha National Forest.
- Newberry, MI
(in Luce County near Tahquamenon
- Comfort Inn of
Newberry Jct M-28 and M-123 Newberry, MI
49853. Wireless Internet Access, Cable TV, complimentary
deluxe continental breakfast, private whirlpool suites,
U.P.'s largest indoor hot tub and sauna. Snowmobile trail
access. Snowmobile Rentals. (888-300-SNOW) or
Star Motel, 7511 State Highway M-123, (South Newberry Avenue) Newberry MI 49868, 40 clean comfortable rooms with queen sized beds, some with kitchenettes. Large indoor heated pool. Cable TV with HBO and Cinemax, AC. Open year round. Snowmobile from your door. Phone: 906-293-8342 or 800-832-5216. Now merged with the Park-A-Way Motel next door for additional accommodations. Large yard with grills for cooking a meal or relaxing.
Motel, 7847 State Highway M-123, Newberry Avenue,
Newberry MI 49868. Phone: 906-293-5000. Very modern, up
to date motel with cable TV, single, double, triple rooms, and
2 bedroom suites. Rooms are soundproofed. Free wireless internet access in each guest room. Small pets
with prior approval. Downtown near restaurants, shopping and
Motel, 7511 State Highway M-123, (South Newberry Avenue) Newberry MI 49868, 40 clean comfortable rooms with queen sized beds, some with kitchenettes. Large indoor heated pool. Cable TV with HBO and Cinemax, AC. Open year round. Snowmobile from your door. Phone: 906-293-8342 or 800-832-5216. Now merged with the Evening Star Motel next door for additional accommodations. Large yard with grills for cooking a meal or relaxing.
- Ontonagon and Silver City (by the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park)
- New Listing: AmericInn Lodge and Suites of Silver City is located on the shores of Lake Superior, 3 miles east of the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State park and 13 miles west of Ontonagon. Comfortable guest rooms and suites on 3 floors with an elevator. Some rooms have a view of Lake Superior. Wireless internet access throughout the Inn. Cable TV. Indoor heated pool, whirlpool, and sauna. Complementary AmericInn Perk breakfast. Restaurant and lounge. Walk along the Lake Superior shoreline, enjoy the stunning sunsets, or just relax. On the trail and 3 miles from downhill and cross-country skiing. Pets Welcome. 120 Lincoln Ave. (Highway M-107) Silver City, MI 49953. Phone: 906-885-5311
MI (on Whitefish Bay, Lake Superior. Near
- Paradise Inn
Motel, Highway M-123, Paradise, MI 49768.
Phone 906-492-3940 or 1-800-654-2000. Located at the
junction of Highway M-123 and Whitefish Point Road in
Paradise. 36 modern spacious rooms, including 2 jacuzzi
suites and 2 handicap rooms. Continental breakfast,
remote control color TVs, guest laundry. Direct access to
the trails. Large parking area for trailers.
Sault Ste. Marie,
MI (the oldest city in Michigan, by the Soo
New Listing: Super 8 Sault Ste. Marie is located just off I-75 on the Business Route to Sault Ste. Marie, MI, near attractions, shopping, and restaurants. Standard guest rooms and suites featuring cable TV, coffee makers, and free high-speed wireless internet access, Heated Indoor Pool, Spa, & Cedar Sauna. Fitness Center. Complementary SuperStart breakfast. Guest Laundry. Pets Welcome. Snowmobile trails located behind the hotel with large parking area for trailers. Super 8 (formerly the Park Inn), 3525 I-75 Business Spur, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783. Phone: 906-632-6000
St. Ignace, MI (at the north end of the Mackinac Bridge)
New Listing: Voyager Inn: Lodging in St. Ignace near the Mackinac Bridge . Variety of comfortable rooms, indoor heated pool and whirlpool, free continental breakfast, elevator, and Wi-FI. ATV and Snowmobile Rentals. Packages. Pet friendly. Voyager Inn, 750 US-2 West, St. Ignace, MI 49781. Phone: 906-643-1530
Watersmeet, MI-Land O' Lakes, WI
New Listing: Gateway Lodge in Land O' Lakes, Wisconsin offers suites and studios in the northwoods of Wisconsin on the border between Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Sit in front of the crackling fire in the large lobby, take a dip in the heated swimming pool, or enjoy a relaxing sauna. Restaurant and lounge. Gateway Gun Club offers sport shooting open to the public. Airport. 9 hole golf course. On the hiking, biking, cross-country skiing, snowmobile, and ATV trails with equipment rentals nearby. Nightly rentals. Gateway Lodge, 4103 Hwy B. Land O' Lakes, WI 54540. Phone: 715-547-3321 6 miles south of Watersmeet on Highway US-45
- White PIne, MI (6 miles south of Silver City on
M-64 in the Western Upper Peninsula
- Konteka Motel,
Restaurant, Bar & Grill, and the Black Bear Bowling
Lanes, 400 Main Street in the Mineral Circle
Plaza, White Pine MI 49971. Phone: 906-885-5170. Only 6
miles from Silver City and the Porcupine Mountains
Wilderness State Park. Motel has 16 guest rooms with
refrigerator and cable TV. Handicap accessible room.
Restaurant open daily serving
breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The popular Bar and Grill
is open from 11 am to midnight serving your favorite
beverages, a variety of sandwiches, and appetizers. Large
62" cable TV, juke box, and pool table. Black Bear
Bowling Alley has 8 lanes with league and open bowling.
Banquet/Meeting Room for group gatherings. On snowmobile
trail #1 so you can ride right from the door.
- New Listing: Porcupine Lodge offers 6 Condos for visitors to the western Upper Peninsula. Located in White Pine, Michigan, a few minutes from the Porcupine Mountains State Park, Lake Superior, and Lake Gogebic. Condos have 2-bedrooms, laundry, and cable TV. Wi-Fi. Nightly Rentals. Outdoor wood-burning sauna. On the ATV and Snowmobile Trails. Porcupine Lodge, 1033 Michigan Avenue, White Pine, MI 49971. Phone: 800-865-9305
- "Let us welcome, then, the strangers,
- Hail them as our friends and brothers,
- And the heart's right hand of friendship
- Give them when they come to see us.
- Gitche Manito, the Mighty,
- Said this to me in my vision."
Song of Hiawatha, W.W. Longfellow
Upper Peninsula Bed and
Upper Peninsula Traveler
Back to Home Page: Exploring
Photo of the Lower Harbor Light, Marquette, MI: Mary
Copyright 2008 by Char Simons, webmaster.
All Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright
Act of 1976, as amended, this web site may not be reproduced
in whole or in part in any manner. Unless authorized by the
webmaster, reproduction of any picture, web page or pages on
this website, www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on
the internet is a copyright infringement. All right, title
and interest in and to the material on these web pages, the
web site, in whole or in part, and in and to this url and
the urls contained within, is the property of the webmaster.
All website design, text, graphics, selection and
arrangement thereof are the copyrighted works of Char
Simons. Made on a Mac