Lodging on Lake Superior in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Cabins, Cottages, Motels, B &
B's, Resorts, Vacation Homes, and Campgrounds
on the Shoreline of Lake Superior
Places to stay are listed by towns going from the
Eastern U.P. to the Western U.P.
on Lake Superior's Whitefish Bay
Paradise. Phone 906-492-3434. Four fully equipped
housekeeping cottages on the shore of Whitefish Bay. One
2-bedroom cottage has a fireplace. Playgrounds, picnic
tables, grills, lawn furniture, campfire pit. 280' of
sandy beach. Paddleboats.
CABINS RESORT, 1/4 mile north of the blinking
light on Whitefish Point Road. Phone: 906-492-3368. 7
modern housekeeping cabins with 1, 2, & 3 bed units.
Complete kitchens. Quiet setting for family vacations.
600' of sandy beach. Ample parking for trailers. Paradise, MI. Sorry, No Pets.
- PARADISE SHORES CABINS 8442 N. Whitefish Point Road, Paradise, MI Phone 906-492-3320. Modern log housekeeping cabins on Lake Superior, some with fireplaces.
On the ATV & snowmobile trails.
Sandy beach, DirecTV. Wi-Fi. Open year round
- SAUNDERS SUNRISE
CABINS, 10126 N. Whitefish Point Road,
Paradise. Phone 1-906-492-3378. Five fully equipped
housekeeping cabins on the shore of Lake Superior's
Whitefish Bay. 460' of sandy beach. Two miles north of
Paradise on Whitefish Point Road. Pets welcome. Direct
(north of Newberry, MI)
Spectacular views of Lake Superior from this very unique
cottage on Lake Superior. One bedroom plus a sleeper sofa
in the living area, two person jacuzzi, and gas fireplace. Pets Welcome.
Located 1/2 hour north of Newberry on County Rd. 407
- SUPERIOR AGATE HAVEN Vacation Home is located on 180' of Lake Superior beachfront, 29 miles north of Newberry, MI. The vacation rental has 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms. Comfortable furnishings with a wood-burning fireplace. Modern kitchen with dishwasher. Washer and Dryer. Near Muskallonge Lake for swimming and fishing. Wi-Fi. 30966 Muskallonge Trail, Newber
ry, MI 49868. Phone: (906) 658-3324 or (805) 990-5469
Marais at the
Eastern Entrance to the Pictured Rocks National
Christmas, AuTrain, & Shelter Bay
(Western Entrance to the Pictured Rocks)
- CHRISTMAS PARADISE is a 2-bedroom cottage on the shore of Lake Superior in Christmas, Michigan. Fully equipped kitchen. Satellite TV. Sauna. Sleeps 6. Near the Pictured Rocks Lakeshore and other interesting attractions. Pets welcome. ATV & snowmobile trail head across the street. Open Year Round. Phone: 313-580-5695
RESORT and CHARTER FISHING on Lake Superior.
E3216 Highway M-28, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone:
906-892-8277 or toll free: 1-800-419-2242. Located on the
shores of Lake Superior at Shelter Bay, Kimar's Resort
features 2, 3, and 4 bedroom housekeeping cottages and a
3-bedroom mobile home. 300' sandy beach,
picnic tables, grills, and fire pit for your campfires.
Lots of room for your boat and snowmobile trailers. Boat
ramp. Direct access to snowmobile trail 417 for some
winter fun. Kimar's Charters offers trolling, casting,
and jigging fishing trips on Lake Superior to the Shelter
Bay Flats, the Big Reef, and Stannard Rock.
LOG LODGE on Lake Superior. Phone:
906-202-1914. Log Vacation Home has 4 bedrooms with 3 baths. Full kitchen,
Satellite TV with surround sound, DVD player, and sirius
radio. Laundry room. Decks overlook Lake Superior for
outstanding views and amazing sunsets. Heated garage.
N7865 Sunset Road off Highway M-28, AuTrain, MI 49806.
Easy snowmobile and ORV trail access.
E8070 Highway M-28,
Christmas. Phone: 906-387-1617. Three
bedroom rental home on Lake Superior. Sleeps up to 8. 1
1/2 baths. Cable TV, washer, and dryer. 150' Lake
Superior Beach with pier. Also for rent, a 2-bedroom
ground-level apartment, sleeps up to 6 with Lake Superior
access. Sofa sleeper. Cable TV. Pet Friendly. Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access.
- PADDLERS VILLAGE. Modern camping on the shores of Lake Superior 3 miles west of Munising. Rentals of 16’ & 20’ Yurts, Camping Cabins, and Platform Tents with electric lighting, Wi-Fi, and small refrigerators. The ideal spot for kayakers, canoeists, paddle boarders, hikers, and outdoor lovers. Showers, restrooms, grills, picnic tables, and fire rings. 1/3 mile of sandy beach is adjacent to the Village for all to enjoy. Reservati
ons required. Paddlers Village. N7793 Scrooges Alley, Christmas, MI. Phone: 906-387-1695
- POINT VACATION HOME and CABIN is located on the shores of Lake Superior in Munising, Michigan. Surrounded by 8 wooded acres, this newly remodeled home has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a living area with a gas fireplace. The kitchen includes a dishwasher. Washer/dryer. There is 350’ of shoreline with a dock on Lake Superior, yet only 2 miles from downtown Munising. The Cabin next door
has a bedroom in the loft with a queen bed, small kitchen, bath with shower, and can be rented for additional guests. Both the Point and the Cabin have DirecTV and Wi-Fi. Contact Maria at 906-361-4839 or Melinda at 906-202-0427
- SUPERIOR COTTAGE is located on the shores of Munising Bay only a few blocks from downtown Munising. Relax on the deck and enjoy the view across bay and the stunning sunrises. The vacation cabin has 2 bedrooms and a bath with a shower. Kitchen with dishwasher and a washer/dryer . 75’ sand bottomed private beach for wading and swimming. Dock rental available. Wi-Fi. Easy snowmobile and ATV trail access. Call Maria at 906-361-48
39 or Melinda at 906-202-0427
- YULE LOG
RESORT, Highway M-28 3 miles west of Munising,
in Christmas, MI. 906-387-3184. Housekeeping cabins on
the shores of Lake Superior. View of Grand Island. Sandy
beaches for swimming.
Marquette, MI and Big Bay (25 miles north of Marquette on Lake Superior)
- BEACHCOMBER'S COTTAGE is located 15 miles east of Marquette on the sandy shores of Lake Superior. The cottage has two bedrooms and is nestled in the woods by the lake. The living area has patio doors that open onto the deck, a wonderful spot to relax and enjoy the beauty of Lake Superior. Cobblestone path to the sandy beach and a beach deck near the water. Beachcomber’s Cottage, Highway M-28, Marquette, MI, 49855. Pho
Skanee & Aura & Baraga
- BARAGA LAKESIDE INN on the shores of Keweenaw Bay in Lake Superior. 68 guest rooms with cable TV and Wi-Fi. Some rooms overlook the Bay for a stunning view. The restaurant is open daily serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Lounge. Indoor swimming pool, hot tub, and sauna. Fitness Room. Docking facilities next door. Direct access to snowmobile trails. Baraga Lakeside Inn, 900 U.S. 41 Sou
th, Baraga, MI. Phone: 906-353-7123 or toll Free: 855-541-5953.
- Eagle View Vacation Home on Lake Superior is located 15 miles northeast of L'Anse, MI on Pt. Abbaye. The home has 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, a gas fireplace and a complete kitchen with a dishwasher, and a washer & dryer. 120' of Lake Superior shoreline and an awesome view. Easy trail access.
- OJIBWA CAMPGROUND and MARINA is located on the shoreline of Keweenaw Bay by Highway US-41 on the north side of Baraga. The campground offers wooded and lakefront sites with electricity, water, a picnic table, and fire pit. There are restrooms with showers, RV dump station, a playground, and a pavilion for events. Sandy swimming beach. The Marina offers rental slips and a boat launch for great fishing or
boating on Keweenaw Bay of Lake Superior. The nearby Historic Sand Point Lighthouse is not open but you can walk on the grounds. Ojibwa Recreation Area, 101 Lighthouse Road, Baraga, MI. Phone: 906-353-6955 or 906-201-4174
Peninsula north of Houghton and
- EAGLE LODGE-LAKESIDE CABINS, M-26, Lakeshore Drive,
Eagle Harbor MI, 49950 (906-289-4294) On Highway M-26
between Eagle Harbor (10 miles) and Copper Harbor (3 miles).
8 Cabins on Lake Superior with one, two, and three bedrooms,
one log cabin with fireplace. All cabins have a view of Lake
- HORIZON POINT COTTAGE on Lake Superior in the Keweenaw Peninsula. Two-bedroom Vacation Home on 5 Mile Point Road a short distance south of Eagle River, MI. Living area has comfortable furnishings, a gas fireplace, and a wonderful view of Lake Superior. Kitchen has full-size appliances including a dishwasher. Washer & Dryer. Large deck for relaxing. Phone: 402-218-0789 or 402-680-5754.
- NORTH SHORE
COTTAGE Tamarack Waterworks Road, Calumet.
Phone 906-337-3127. Located 3.5 miles from Calumet on the
shores of Lake Superior. Housekeeping cottage with extra
amenities sleeps up to 6. Open year round. Trout stream
runs along side of cottage.
- SHORELINE RESORT, located on the shores of Lake Superior in Eagle Harbor, offers a 8 unit Motel, a 2-bedroom cabin, and a 3-bedroom apartment. All accommodations have a wonderful view of Lake Superior. Wi-Fi. Cable TV. Sandy beach. Canoe, kayaks, and a paddle boat available. Pets Welcome. Shoreline Resort, 122 Front Street, Eagle Harbor, MI 49950. Phone: 906-289-4441
BAY RV RESORT CAMPGROUND, and CABINS
on the shores of Lake Superior, 7 miles south
of Eagle River MI in the Keweenaw Peninsula. 40 sites
with electric & water hook-ups and three 1 and 2
bedroom log cabins. Bath house, laundry, dump station.
2701 Sunset Bay Beach Road. Ahmeek, MI 49901. Open June
to Mid-October. Phone: 906-337-2494 (summer).
Silver City near the Porcupine Mountains
CABIN Up North, 30978 Highway M-64, Silver
City. Phone: 906-885-5430. Year round vacation log home
on Lake Superior with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Wood
burning fireplace. Fully equipped kitchen. Satellite TV,
Large back deck overlooking the Lake. Sorry, no smoking,
COTTAGE Up North, 34464 Highway M-107, Silver
City. Phone: 906-885-5430. Three-bedroom cottage on Lake
Superior. Main level has a bedroom with a wood burning
fireplace, full bathroom, large living room with wood
burning stove, dining room and kitchen combo with access
to a deck facing the lake. Upper level has a large
bedroom with deck and a den. Spiral staircase to lower
level with a family room, bedroom, bathroom and doors
opening to a patio. Sleeps up to 10. On the snowmobile
- THE LAKE HOUSE VACATION HOME is located on the shores of Lake Superior only 4 miles from Ontonagon and 13 miles from the Porcupine Mountains. The home has 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, and will sleep up to 12 guests. There is a complete kitchen with a dishwasher, washer & dryer, Wi-Fi, and flat screen cable TV. Electric fireplace. Sandy beach on Lake Superior. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Nightly rentals welcome. Pho
- PETERSON'S COTTAGES and VACATION HOME are located on the Lake Superior shoreline, 15 miles from the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park. Cottages have 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms and are nestled in a wooded area. The cottages are fully equipped with a kitchen, cable TV, Wi-Fi, and air conditioning. Fireplaces in most cottages and in the Vacation Home. Handicap accessible cottage. Easy trail access. Phone: 906-884-4230
VIEW LODGES, 34042 107th Engineers Memorial Highway, Silver
City. Phone: 906-885-5256. 11 modern lodges on Lake
Superior. All lodges have wood burning fireplaces, 2
bedrooms, phones with data ports, Cable TV, and fully
equipped kitchens including a dishwasher. Screened porch
with deck. Pets accepted in some lodges.
- RIVER ROAD RV PARK, CAMPGROUND, and BUNKHOUSE. 600 River Road, Ontonagon, MI 49953. Phone: 906-884-4600. Year Round camping by the Ontonagon River. 30 full hookups, pull through sites, and tent sites. Wi-Fi. Shower Room (handicap accessible) with hot showers and heated floor, Dump station, Laundry Room, Playground, and a Bunk House that sleeps up to 8 guests “dorm style”. Lake Superior water access. Loc
ated only 15 minutes from the Porcupine Mountains State Park. Many ATV, ORV, Multiuse, Snowmobile, and Equestrian trails in the County. Pets Welcome (Horses can be accommodated.)
SHORES RESORT, 26156 W State Highway M-64,
Ontonagon, MI, 49953. Phone: 906-884-2653. 5 miles west
of Ontonagon on Lake Superior. 7 unit motel with Cable
TV, HBO. Three cottage units, townhouse style, with view
of Lake Superior. Cottages have full kitchen, coffee
maker, Cable TV. Sand beach for relaxing. Pets accepted.
Weekly rates available. Snowmobile trail access
- BARAGA STATE PARK.
1300 US-41 South, Baraga MI 49908; (906)
353-6558. Situated on the Keweenaw Bay (Lake Superior)
with easy access to the water, the park is centrally
located to the many attractions in the western Upper
Peninsula. The bay offers anglers good action on salmon,
steelhead, lake and brown trout. Take US-41 south of
Baraga less than a mile.
- BRIMLEY STATE PARK,
9200 West 6 Mile Road, Brimley. (906)
248-3422. 270-site modern campground with large, grassy
campsites, a mini-cabin, and a swimming beach on Lake
Superior's Whitefish Bay. Brimley has the warmest
swimming water of any state park located on the usually
frigid Lake Superior. Anglers fish the bay for northern
pike and walleye. A scenic view of the Canadian highlands
can be seen to the north. Take 6 Mile Road one mile east
- F. J. McLAIN STATE PARK
Hancock. (906) 482-0278. Situated on Lake Superior,
McLain boasts beautiful views of Michigan sunsets. Park
pastimes include swimming, fishing, hiking, cross country
- PADDLERS VILLAGE. Modern camping on the shores of Lake Superior 3 miles west of Munising. Rentals of 16’ & 20’ Yurts, Camping Cabins, and Platform Tents with electric lighting, Wi-Fi, and small refrigerators. The ideal spot for kayakers, canoeists, paddle boarders, hikers, and outdoor lovers. Showers, restrooms, grills, picnic tables, and fire rings. 1/3 mile of sandy beach is adjacent to the Village for all to enjoy. Reserv
ations required. Paddlers Village. N7793 Scrooges Alley, Christmas, MI. Phone: 906-387-1695
MOUNTAINS WILDERNESS STATE PARK, 60,000 acre
wilderness park. Camping, rustic cabins, backpacking,
hiking, and skiing. 92 square miles, with virgin forest,
scenic waterfalls, rugged Lake Superior shore line,
remote rustic cabins, 87 miles of hiking trails, and
virtually no roads.. Union Bay modern campground on Lake
Superior at the eastern entrance to the park and Presque
Isle Rustic Campground at the western entrance.
Back to Upper
Peninsula Towns and Cities Page
Back to the Upper
Exploring the North Home