Food and Lodging
Towns and Cities of the Upper Peninsula for specific
Peninsula Weather Forecasts
Lodging in the
far eastern Upper Peninsula
with fireplaces for the cool nights
Here to Search our Site
Motel, 420 Prospect, Munising, Michigan.
906-387-2735 or Fax 906-387-2534. Relax in one of our 18
exceptionally clean rooms with at-door parking and a
large lot for parking trucks and trailers. Open year
round, we offer a combination of singles, doubles, 2
bedroom units and family units for up to 7
- Thunder Lake Getaway is a comfortable cedar log cabin across the road from Thunder Lake near Manistique, MI. Private lake access with dock for fishing and boating. Located on 4 acres of wooded land by the Hiawatha National Forest. Cabin has one bedroom with a loft and a complete kitchen. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails and near many area attractions. 11624W Ramsdam Road, Manistique, MI 49854. Phone: 906-286-0303 or 906-286-1224.
- Timber Ridge
Motel and Lodge, N4045 Buckhorn Road,
Munising, Michigan 49862, Phone (906) 387-3790. All motel
units are full housekeeping suites with individual decks
overlooking Hovey Lake. The lodge has 4 bedrooms and is
located on the shore of Hovey Lake. In the heart of the
Hiawatha National Forest.
of the Lake Cottage by Lake Michigan, P.O.Box
55, Gulliver, MI 49840. Phone: 906-283-3361. Modern two
bedroom cottage with open concept living room and dining
area. Wood burning stove. Complete kitchen and laundry.
Private path to the sandy Lake Michigan beach with
firepit for campfires under the stars. Located 11 miles
east of Manistique and near Seul Choix Point Lighthouse.
- Trailside Lodge is located on Highway US-41, on the north side of Calumet, MI. The lodge offers 28 newly renovated rooms with cable TV, microwave, fridge, coffee makers, and Wi-Fi. At door parking with large parking lot for your vehicles. On the ATV and Snowmobile Trails with ATV/UTV and Snowmobile rentals at the office. Wonderful riding in the beautiful Keweenaw Peninsula. Close to restaurants, shopping, and the many attractions in the Keweenaw National Historic Park. Pets Welcome. Trailside Lodge, 57900 US-41, Calumet, MI 49913. Phone: (906) 337-9905
Box 23, Curtis, MI 49820. Phone (906) 586-3515. Four
Modern Housekeeping Cabins nestled on the shore of Cooks
Bay on Big Manistique Lake. Two bedrooms, knotty pine
interiors, private deck, showers and televisions. Boat
included, motors available.
Haven on Lake
in Big Bay, MI offers a variety of deluxe
accommodations on beautiful Squaw Beach. Accommodations
include the Fantasy Beach House that sleeps up to 14
guests, Bay View Cabin that sleeps up to 8 guests, and
Bay View Suite for 4 guests. All accommodations are under
one roof but have separate entrances with full kitchens
and an outstanding view of Lake Superior. Phone:
- Tree House
Cottage Rental on the AuTrain River, N7119
Perry Road, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone toll free:
800-720-0410. This newly remodeled three-bedroom rental
cottage has a complete kitchen, laundry, and a living
area with a custom built wood burning fireplace. Large
deck overlooks the AuTrain River and the sand bottomed
beach is shallow and perfect for children. 2 kayaks
included for paddling down the river. Pets welcome with
- Trout Lake
Resort, 22477 O. J. Miller Road, Trout Lake,
MI 49793. Phone: 906-569-3810. Four 1 and 2 bedroom
housekeeping cabins and one large unit that sleeps 9 on
the shores of Trout Lake. Full kitchen with microwave.
Linens provided. Swimming beach and great fishing. Row
boat. Open year round. Nightly rentals. Pet friendly. On
the snowmobile and ATV Trails.
- Twin Lakes
Resort, 32970 N. Parkside Drive, HC 1, Box
213, Twin Lakes, near Toivola, MI 49965. (906) 288-3666.
Midway between Houghton and Ontonagon in the Keweenaw
Peninsula of Michigan. Quiet and comfortable lakefront
vacation cottages, fully equipped, 2 and 3 Bedrooms,
monthly rentals available. Open mid-May thru
1464 Railroad Street, Seney, MI 49883.
Phone: 906-499-3363. Three bedroom fully furnished home
with complete kitchen, VCR, and gas fireplace in living
room. Located 1/2 mile from the Fox River, a Michigan
Blue Ribbon Trout Stream, and only 5 miles from the Seney
National Wildlife Refuge. Direct access to snowmobile
- NEW: Union River Campground is located on the Union River at the eastern edge of the Porcupine Mountains. 42 wooded sites with water and electric and 8 large pull-through sites. Modern shower house. 15 miles west of Ontonagon. Lake Superior sand beach across the road. Union River Campground, 35653 State Highway M107. Phone: 906-869-2635
- Vacation Mackinac offers a variety of rental cottages and condos in the Eastern Upper Peninsula within 25 minutes of the Mackinac Bridge. Rentals include cottages on Brevort Lake, Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, and nestled in the forest. Rentals are well equipped for your vacation and close to many Upper Peninsula attractions and recreational opportunities. Check back as properties are added throughout the year. Vacation Mackinac Property Management, 4042 M-123 Moran, MI 49760. Phone: 906-643-7359 or 906-298-0225
House, 200 Reservation Street, Hancock, MI
49930. Phone: 906-482-0562. Two bedroom first floor
turn-of-the-century rental vacation home overlooking the
Portage Canal and the Portage Lift Bridge. Full kitchen
with microwave and coffee maker. Conveniently located
near snowmobile trails, MTU, Finlandia University,
downhill, and cross country skiing. Weekly Rental or 3
Grand Lodge on Munising Bay, Lake Superior.
Phone: 906-387-1633. Two bedrooms with loft, 2 baths,
stone fireplace with gas stove, cable TV, laundry, and
attached sauna. Sandy beach. Spectacular
view of Munising Bay and off to the right . . . Grand
Island. Easy trail access.
- NEW: Voyager Inn: Lodging in St. Ignace near the Mackinac Bridge . Variety of comfortable rooms, indoor heated pool and whirlpool, free continental breakfast, elevator, and Wi-FI. ATV and Snowmobile Rentals. Packages. Pet friendly. Voyager Inn, 750 US-2 West, St. Ignace, MI 49781. Phone: 906-643-1530
Wheels Campground. This 440 acre wooded and
landscaped park offers you the finest surroundings for a
fun filled family vacation. Heated Outdoor Pool. Cable
TV. Only 5 miles from Lake Superior, Pictured Rocks,
Miners Castle, Grand Island, Valley Spur Trails,
waterfalls, and various lakeside activities. Great
facilities. Pets Welcome. Located 3 miles east of
Munising on Highway M-28 East, Munising MI 49862. Phone
1-906-387-3315 or 1-906-387-1580.
- West Mackinac
Recreation Area Association covering the
western portion of Mackinac County, including the towns
of Curtis, Gould City, Naubinway and Engadine. The
Manistique Lakes Area of the Upper Peninsula.
- NEW: West Shore Resort on Lake Gogebic in the Western Upper Peninsula offers 8 comfortable 2-bedroom cabins that are open year round. Dish TV with VCR/DVD. Free Wi-Fi. Great swimming, boating fishing, and hunting. Pets welcome. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails. Rentals of pontoons and fishing boats with motors. West Shore Resort, N10960 St. Hwy M-64, Marenisco, MI 49947. Phone: 906-842-3336 or 888-813-7778
Fawn Lodge and
N1871 Federal Forest Highway 13, Wetmore,
MI, 49895. Phone: 906-573-2999. Lodge with rooms and
suites and 2 to 4 bedroom housekeeping cabins on Town
Lake, 11 miles south of Munising, MI in the heart of the
Hiawatha National Forest. Private beach. Excellent
fishing. Located next door to the Forest Glen General
Store for groceries, beverages, gas, tackle, bait, and
hunting & fishing licenses. Boat and Snowmobile
rentals. The perfect spot for the outdoor enthusiast. On
the snowmobile trails
- White Pine
Lodge, E7889 W.
M28, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-1111. Motel guest
rooms include double rooms with queen-sized beds, king
suites with mini-fridge and microwave, and single rooms.
All guest rooms have AC, Cable TV, and Wireless Internet
Access. 2 Handicap units. Elevator. Oversize Jacuzzi tub.
Deluxe complementary Continental Breakfast. Adjoining gas
station and convenience store is open 24 hours daily.
Next to Kewadin Casino. Snowmobile & ATV Rentals. Direct trail access. Pets Welcome. (Formerly the Pair-a-Dice
Refuge Cabins, 101 Wildlife Lane, P.O. Box
508, South Range, MI 49963. Call 906-482-1001 or
888-510-1001. Six fully furnished new housekeeping
cabins. 3 cabins sleep 1-6, 2 cabins sleep up to 10, and
1 is handicap accessible. Fireplaces, sauna, TV, VCR, on
the Bill Nicholls Trail. Rental snowmobiles and ATV's
delivered to your cabin. 5 miles south of Houghton,
within walking distance of taverns, restaurants, gas and
- Wind Drift
Resort is located on Lac Vieux Desert, a
boundary lake dividing Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula
of Michigan. Wind Drift Resort offers 8 fully equipped
cabins with 1 to 4 bedrooms, one large cabin with a gas
fireplace. Some cabins are handicap accessible. Easy
access on level ground to the sandy beach swimming area
and the docks. Wind Drift Resort is just north of Land O'
Lakes, WI and south of Watersmeet, MI by Highway US-45.
Excellent fishing, swimming, and water sports with easy
snowmobile trail access and nearby cross-country ski
trails. Enjoy this family friendly retreat year round.
E24911 Misery Bay Rd. Watersmeet, MI 49969. Phone:
- Woodland Birches is located 3 miles south of Grand Marais with easy access to the ATV and snowmobile trails. Woodland Birches is fully furnished rental cottage with a gas fireplace, satellite TV, and 2 large patio doors opening out on the wooded area. Screened porch. Air conditioned. Woodland Birches, N13015 Hwy M-77, Grand Marais, MI 49839. Phone: (906) 494-2744. Cell: (269) 845-1660
Motel, N 3957 N. US 2, Iron Mountain MI,
49801.906 774-6106. Economy Rates, Kitchenettes, Modern
motel units feature color cable TV, direct dial phones,
and wireless internet access. Major Credit Cards
- Woods and Water
Chalet is located on the Cisco Chain of Lakes
near Watersmeet, MI. This perfect Northwoods Retreat was
built in 2004 and has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and will
sleep up to 15 guests. The vacation home features
hardwood floors, air conditioning, a game room, and a
fieldstone gas fireplace. Large screen Dish TV. Wireless
internet access. Complete kitchen with a dishwasher.
Laundry room. 600' of sand frontage on a crystal clear
lake with great swimming, water sports, and fishing. By
the Ottawa National Forest for hiking and hunting.
Snowmobile trail access from the back door and
cross-country ski trails are nearby.
- Yule Log
Resort, Highway M-28 3 miles west of Munising,
in Christmas, MI. 906-387-3184. 8 Housekeeping cabins on
the shores of Lake Superior. View of Grand Island. Sandy
beaches for swimming. Open May 1 through
Peninsula Food and Lodging page 1
Food and Lodging page 2
Food and Lodging page 3
Food and Lodging page 4
for more information
- "I am going, O Nokomis,
- On a long and distant journey,
- But these guests I leave behind me,...
- In your watch and ward I leave them;
- See that never harm comes near them,
- See that never fear molests them,
- Never danger nor suspicion,
- Never want of food or shelter,
- In the lodge of Hiawatha"
Song of Hiawatha, W.W. Longfellow
Back to Upper Peninsula
Back to Home Page: Exploring
Copyright 1997-06 by Vivian
webmaster. All Rights Reserved.
Except as permitted under the Copyright Act of 1976, as
amended, this web site may not be reproduced in whole or in
part in any manner. Unless authorized by the webmaster,
reproduction of any picture, web page or pages on this
website for placement on the internet is a copyright
infringement. All right, title and interest in and to the
material on these web pages, the web site, in whole or in
part, and in and to this url and the urls contained within,
is the property of the webmaster. All website design, text,
graphics, selection and arrangement thereof are the
copyrighted works of Vivian Wood. Web site created on an