Snowmobile and ATV Rentals and Services
Lodging on the Snowmobile & ATV Trails
Alger County, Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Alger County includes the towns of Munising,
Christmas, AuTrain, Grand Marais,
Deerton, Shelter Bay, Shingleton, and lodging in the Hiawatha
Most, but not all, lodgings are also on the ATV
MI (10 miles west of
- Au Train Island View
Lodge is located just east of AuTrain on the shores of
Lake Superior. The Lodge has 3 bedrooms and a loft with 3 &
1/2 bathrooms and will sleep up to 12 guests. Two wood-burning
fireplaces, cable TV, and wireless internet access. Complete
kitchen with dishwasher. Enjoy the beautiful sunsets and the
beauty of Lake Superior as you relax in this lovely vacation home.
Easy trail access. N7869 Sunset Drive, AuTrain, MI 49806 Phone: 800-546-7188
River Cabin, N7163 Forest Lake Road, Au Train, MI
49806. Phone: 906-892-8367. Furnished cabin overlooking the
AuTrain River. Sleeps 6. Kitchen and family room. Large deck with
grill, picnic table and deck chairs. Fire pit on the beach. Dock.
Easy trail access.
- Au Train River Cottages: Five cottages by the Au Train River near Munising and the Pictured Rocks. Cottages have 1, 2, and 4 bedrooms with Wi-Fi. Flat lawn leads to 300 feet of river frontage for swimming, fishing, and relaxing. Canoe included with rental. Easy access to ATV and Snowmobile Trails. Pet Friendly. Open Year Round. N7123 Au Train-Forest Lake Road. Phone: 906-364-8110
- AuTrain River Lodge on
the AuTrain River, Phone:
906-892-8367. Lodge has one
bedroom on the main level, a loft, and a sleeping area with 1/2
bath on the walk-out lower level. Living area has a wood-burning
fireplace with cable TV and there is a TV, wet bar, and a
wood-burning fireplace on the lower level. Complete kitchen.
Sleeps up to 10 guests. Heated
garage with hot tub. On the snowmobile and ATV trails. AuTrain
River Lodge, E5449 Curtis Drive, AuTrain, MI. 49806
Paradise Resort, AuTrain Lake, AuTrain, Michigan 49806.
(906) 892-8390. 1-2-3 bedroom housekeeping cottages, all with
views of the lake. Game room and store with bait shop. Some
cottages have fireplaces.
Creek Cabin, E5909 Joel Creek Road, AuTrain, MI 49806.
Phone: 906-892-8467. Three-bedroom cabin nestled in the woods of
the Hiawatha National Forest, just south of AuTrain, MI. Open
concept living area with a full kitchen and one bathroom.
Beautiful surroundings offer privacy and seclusion on Joel Creek.
Conveniently located near area attractions and recreation. Easy
access to snowmobile and ATV trails.
Log Lodge on Lake Superior. Phone: 906-202-1914.
Log Vacation Home has 3 bedrooms with 3 1/2 baths and a double
size Jacuzzi tub. Full kitchen, Satellite TV with surround sound,
DVD player, and sirius radio. Laundry room. Decks overlook Lake
Superior. Heated garage. N7865 Sunset Road off Highway M-28,
AuTrain, MI 49806. Easy snowmobile and ORV trail access.
- Lake Superior Log Vacation Home on Lake Superior has three bedrooms, three full bathrooms, and a loft. Complete kitchen. Washer and dryer. Living area with a Franklin style wood stove for relaxing in front of the fire. Satellite TV. Large deck overlooks AuTrain Bay in Lake Superior. The vacation home is located on the east side of AuTrain Bay 8 miles west of Munising and the Pictured Rocks. Easy trail access. Lake Superior Log Home, N7875 Sunset Drive, Au Train, MI 49806. Phone: 360-870-1758
Exposure Log Cabin, E5397 Norlin Way, AuTain, MI. Phone:
906-387-3682 or 586-419-7880. New log cabin nestled in the woods
has one bedroom and a large sleeping loft. Complete kitchen with a wood-burning stove in the
great room. Near AuTrain Lake, the Pictured Rocks,
and the Hiawatha National Forest. On the trail. Nightly Rentals.
- Northern Nights Resort:
Cabins on AuTrain Lake, N6684 Forest Lake
Road AuTrain, Michigan 49806.
Phone (906) 892-8225. 1, 2, 3 & 4 bedroom housekeeping cabins
on AuTrain Lake with gas log fireplaces. Laundry facilities,
recreation room, bait and tackle shop, and a small store.
Playground. On the trail.
Resort, N7070 Forest Lake Rd, Au Train, MI 49806. (906)
892-8114. One to five bedroom fully equipped rental cabins on
AuTrain Lake, some with fireplaces. On the trail.
- Northwoods Retreat is a newly built one-bedroom vacation cottage on the shores of the AuTrain River. Modern kitchen with a dishwasher. Kitchen/dining area has a view of the river and surrounding natural area. The Upstairs living area offers a flat screen cable TV with a DVD player and futons for an extra sleeping area. Wi-Fi. Washer/dryer. Detached game room. Canoe included. Open year round. Easy trail access. Pets Welcome. Northwoods Retreat, E5536 Woodland Ave., AuTrain, MI 49806 Phone: (906) 452-6517 or Toll Free: (866) 452-6517
- Superior River Cabin
on the AuTrain River. Three bedroom year round vacation
home has 1 and 1/2 bathrooms and will sleep up to 8 guests. The
living room has satellite TV and a wood-burning fireplace.
Complete kitchen. Deck overlooks the river and there is a dock by
the waterfront for sitting and relaxing. Fire pit for your
campfires. Pets welcome with prior approval. 5441 Curtis Drive,
AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone 231-587-6200 or 231-620-2776.
MI (3 miles west of
Munising) * (The Gas Station
& Convenience Store is now open)
- Christmas Motel in Christmas, Michigan offers 8 newly redecorated rooms and suites on 6 acres of wooded land next to the Hiawatha National Forest. Guest rooms have queen or double beds, Cable TV, and coffee in each room. Secluded grassy area behind motel with a grill, picnic table, horseshoes, and a fire pit. Near restaurants, gift shops, gas, a convenience store, and the casino. Pets Welcome. Easy access to the ATV and snowmobile trails. Christmas Motel, E7621 W M-28, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: (906) 387-7100
Cottage, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone
906-387-1633. This cozy two bedroom cottage is
located just south of M-28 in the village of Christmas. Complete
kitchen, gas fireplace, cable TV, and air conditioning. The
sunroom can be used as an additional sleeping area. Within 5 miles
of the Pictured Rocks and Grand Island and near Lake Superior
beaches. On the snowmobile trail. Pet friendly.
Cove, E8070 Highway M-28, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-1617. Three bedroom rental home on Lake Superior. Sleeps
up to 8. 1 1/2 baths. Dish TV, washer, and dryer. Complete
kitchen. Also for rent, a 2-bedroom ground level apartment, sleeps
up to 6 with Lake Superior access. Dish TV. Complete kitchen.
Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access.
- North Point Cottage in Christmas, MI. Three-bedroom cottage on the shores of Lake Superior. Wood-burning fireplace, Satellite TV. Enjoy the wonderful view from the large deck furnished with lawn furniture. Only 3 miles from Munising and the Pictured Rocks, Grand Island, and numerous waterfalls. On the ATV/snowmobile trails. 8770 Reindeer Run, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-1617.
- White Pine
Lodge. E7889 W. M-28,
Christmas, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-1111. Motel guest rooms include
double rooms with queen-sized beds, king suites with mini-fridge
and microwave, and single rooms. All guest rooms have AC, Cable
TV, and Wireless Internet Access. 2 Handicap units. Elevator.
Oversize Jacuzzi tub. Deluxe complementary Continental Breakfast
with waffles. Adjoining gas station and convenience store is open
24 hours daily. Next to Kewadin Casino and Snowmobile & ATV
Trail Head. Pets Welcome. Snowmobile and ATV Rental on site.
- Winter Dreamland is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom vacation home in Christmas, Michigan. Large living room and family room by the kitchen. 2 Cable TVs. Wi-Fi. ATV and snowmobile trails across the street. 3 miles from Munising and the Pictured Rocks, Boat Cruises, and Grand Island and 7 miles to the sandy Lake Superior Beach in AuTrain. Winter Dreamland, E7918 State Hwy M-28, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: 906-202-0410 or 906-251-8489.
Deerton and Shelter
Bay (about 10 miles
west of Munising near or on Lake Superior)
Guest House, N8851 Deerton Road, Deerton, MI 49822.
Phone: 906-343-6617. Fully furnished two-bedroom upper level
lodging by the Laughing Whitefish River. Open concept living area
with a free-standing gas fireplace and a TV with a VCR & DVD
player. Complete kitchen with a dishwasher. Large deck for
relaxing. 10 miles west of AuTrain and 5 miles from Deer Lake for
boating and swimming. Open year round with easy snowmobile &
ATV trail access. Pets with prior approval.
Shelter Bay Resort, E3216 Highway M-28 at Shelter Bay, AuTrain, MI 49806.
Phone: 906-892-8277. Located on the
shores of Lake Superior, Kimar's Resort features 2, 3, and 4
bedroom housekeeping cottages and a 3-bedroom mobile home. 300'
sandy beach. Lots of room for your sleds and trailers. Direct
access to snowmobile trail 417 for some winter fun. Kimar's
Charters offers trolling, casting, and jigging fishing trips on
Lake Superior to the Shelter Bay Flats, the Big Reef, and Stannard
Lakeshore Resort, 4012 Hwy M-28 E, between Munising
and Marquette, MI, 10 miles west of AuTrain. Phone: 906-343-6710 or 805-723-4223. Bungalow Cottage, Loft, and comfortable family suites with free Wi-Fi.
TV with HBO. Across from Lake Superior with a wonderful sand beach. Gas
grills, picnic tables, and outdoor swings. Relax
and enjoy this outstanding view of Lake Superior. On the trail.
Grand Marais, MI (also see Lake Superior State
- Blue Heron Vacation Home is located 3 miles south of Grand Marais. The charming cottage, located in a wooded area, has 2 large bedrooms and 2 futons for extra guests. The open concept living area is comfortably furnished. Satellite TV. Laundry area with small washer and dryer. Easy access to snowmobile and ATV trails. Blue Heron, N13015 Hwy M-77, Grand Marais, MI 49839. Phone: (906) 494-2744. Cell: (269) 845-1660
Marais, 3 bedroom, 1-1/2 bath Chalet rental. Sleeps 6 comfortably. Fully
equipped.Walk to the beach or into town. Snowmobile from your
door. Open year round. Gas log fireplace. For reservations, call
- Little Blue Cabin Vacation Home in Grand Marais offers 4 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms, complete kitchen, and laundry room. Located 1/2 mile south of the Grand Marais harbor, marina, sand beach, shopping, and dining. Near the east entrance to the Pictured Rocks, Log Slide, and Sable Falls. Great fishing and hunting nearby. Easy access to the snowmobile and ATV trails. Little Blue Cabin Vacation Home, N14129 Ellen Street. Grand Marais, MI 49839. Phone: 586-292-2964.
- Woodland Birches is located 3 miles south of Grand Marais with easy access to the ATV and snowmobile trails. Fully furnished rental cottage with a gas fireplace, satellite TV, and 2 large patio doors opening out on the wooded area. Screened porch. Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access. Woodland Birches, N13015 Hwy M-77, Grand Marais, MI 49839. Phone: (906) 494-2744. Cell: (269) 845-1660
Hiawatha National Forest south
of Munising, MI
Lake Lodge on 16 Mile Lake, Munising, MI 49862. Phone (574) 370-9872. A 3
bedroom modern cabin on the north shore of 16 Mile Lake.
Second largest lake in the Hiawatha National Forest. Full
amenities including free standing wood burning fireplace,
microwave and washer/dryer. Sleeps up to 10. Boat and
rental motor. On the trails. Pets accepted.
- After Harvest Hideaway: Kro's Nest & Sno Shed Rental Cabins are nestled in the woods of the Hiawatha National Forest near 16 Mile Lake, southwest of Munising. Both cabins have 2 bedrooms and sleep 6-8 guests. The Kro's Nest has a gas fireplace in the living area. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trails and all the wonderful recreational opportunities in the area. Pets welcome. E6828 Crossover Rd, Munising, MI 49862. Phone: 419-345-2258
- A Powell Shores
Lodge Vacation Home on the shores of Powell
Lake, 6 miles from Munising. Completely furnished modern 3
bedroom home on a 100 acre lake in the Hiawatha
National Forest. Living room has a gas fireplace and
satellite TV. Complete kitchen. Wi-Fi. Large deck. Sand bottomed
beach for swimming with dock for fishing. Boat and canoe.
Snowmobile trail across the road. Pets welcome. N4132
Powell Lake Road, Munising, MI 49862. Phone:
Resort: Motel and Lodges, N3919 Buckhorn Drive,
Munising, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-3559. 2 fully equipped spacious
lodges that sleep from 6 to 22 and a 20 unit motel. Restaurant and
Lounge. Ga. New owners.
Rock Lodge on Powell Lake near Munising MI. Phone:
906-387-1623. The two bedroom lodge is located above the 3-car
garage with a private entrance and a deck for relaxing. Complete
kitchen facilities and a living area with satellite TV, DVD, and
high-speed wireless internet service. Easy access to snowmobile
and ATV Trails. E9004 Powell Lake Road, Wetmore. MI
Hideaway Rental Cottage is
located 12 miles south of Munising in the Hiawatha National
Forest. The cottage has 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms with 3 sofa
sleepers for additional guests. Sleeps from 8-12. Satellite TV
with DVD player. Washer & dryer. Easy snowmobile
and ATV trail access. Pets welcome with prior approval.Phone: 906-387-1633.
Resort & Country
Store, deep in the Hiawatha National Forest on Forest Highway 13. Phone 906-573-2933. About 20 miles
south of Munising, On Blue Lake. 6 rental cabins that sleep from 3
to 6. On the trails.
Resort, 14844 LL Road. Phone (906) 573-2237. Kenbuck is a sportsman's resort with
5 clean housekeeping cabins deep in the Hiawatha National Forest.
Real snowmobiling and snowshoeing. 18 miles south of
Cozy Cabins in the Hiawatha National
Forest, just 15 miles southwest of Munising. Phone: 906-387-5327. The two
comfortable cabins have a full kitchen, living area with satellite
TV, VCR, & DVD players and futons for extra guests. One
bedroom on the main floor and a loft with 4 twin beds. Sleeps up
to 8. On the snowmobile and ATV trails. Ideal spot for outdoor
enthusiasts of all ages. Perfect for a large group with lots of
parking for trailers and large rigs. Pets welcome. N2892 Dunklee
Road, Munising, MI 49862
- Log Cabin
Retreat, 9 miles northeast of Munising on Highway H-58. Phone 989-820-8060 or 989-414-6526.
Near the Pictured Rocks. 4 bedroom log cabin plus sleeping
loft. Will sleep up to 16. Large living room with gas fireplace, cable
TV. Wi-Fi. Wrap around
deck. Washer and Dryer. Direct access to snowmobile & ATV trails
- New Listing: Master Retreat is located on Ostrander Lake in the Hiawatha National Forest, 13 miles south of Munising. The vacation home has 3 bedrooms, a complete kitchen with a dishwasher, and a washer/dryer. Direct TV. Wi-Fi. Nice beach for swimming and relaxing. Pet friendly. Easy ATV & snowmobile trail access. Phone: 906-202-3312
Cabin, N6360 Perch Lake Road, Munising, MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-5259.
Two bedroom cabin with one bathroom in a wooded area with access
to Perch Lake. Full kitchen, laundry, dish TV, VCR, and wood stove
to keep you cozy. Wood provided. Handicap accessible. Private
beach on Perch Lake with dock. On the snowmobile trail with ATV
trails and cross country ski trails nearby. Pets with special
Lake Lodge. Comfortable vacation lodge on the
shores of Otter Lake in the Hiawatha National Forest.
Black Bear Lodge has
a wood burning fireplace and six bedrooms with two pull-out sofas. . . perfect for your family or
large group. Complete kitchen. Satellite TV. Located on Buckhorn Road just a few miles south of
Munising, Lake Superior, and the Pictured Rocks Lakeshore with
easy access to snowmobile and ATV trails. Pets Welcome. Otter Lake
Lodgs, E 7609 Otter Lake Road, Munising, MI 49862. Phone: (906)
- Our Place Up North on Powell Lake in the Hiawatha National Forest is a 3-bedroom vacation home near Munising. The living area has a wood-burning fireplace, Satellite TV, and Wi-Fi. The house has 2 bathrooms and is air conditioned. Nice shallow sand bottomed beach is fun for the whole family. Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access. Only a short distance to the Pictured Rocks, waterfalls, and many attractions. Small pets welcome. Our Place Up North, Powell Lake Road, Wetmore, MI 49895. Phone: 614-875-4987.
- Stutts Creek Retreat is located 15 minutes southeast of Munising in the Hiawatha National Forest. Located on a hill overlooking Stutts Creek, the cottage is air-conditioned and will sleep from 8 to 12 guests. The 5.5 acres of private wooded grounds offer a perfect get away. The living room is furnished with leather furniture and a 48” Satellite TV. Complete kitchen with dishwasher and lots of extras. Laundry. Wi-Fi. Stutts Creek Retreat, 8185 Old State Road 94, Manistique, MI. Phone: 317-716-5864.
- Sugar Maple
Lodge offers lodging for a couple up to a group of 20
guests. Located 9 miles northeast of Munising in the edge of the
Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Sugar Maple Lodge has 3
bedrooms with a family room/sleeping area in the lower level and 2
bathrooms. Complete kitchen with dishwasher and a laundry room
with a washer & dryer. Satellite TV. Deck with hot tub. Heated
garage. EasyATV and snowmobile trail access. Have fun in all the
abundant snow found in Alger County. Sugar Maple Lodge, N6941
Olson Road, Shingleton, MI 49884. Phone: 906-202-0021
Ridge Motel and Lodge, N4045 Buckhorn Road, Munising,
Michigan 49862, Phone (906) 387-3790. All motel units are full
housekeeping suites with individual decks overlooking Hovey Lake.
The 4 bedroom lodge is on the Lake.
Fawn Lodge and Cabins, N1871 Federal Forest
Highway 13, Wetmore, MI, 49895. Phone: 906-573-2999. Lodge with
rooms and suites and 2 to 4 bedroom housekeeping cabins on Town
Lake, 11 miles south of Munising, MI in the heart of the Hiawatha
National Forest. Excellent fishing. Located next door to the
Forest Glen General Store for groceries, beverages, gas. ATV and snowmobile rentals. The
perfect spot for the outdoor enthusiast. On the snowmobile
Lake Superior State Forest between Munising and
- A Cabin on Nevins
Lake, 1703 Nevins Lake Road between Munising and Grand
Marais, MI. Phone: 419-467-3102. Located on Nevins Lake in the
Lake Superior State Forest near the Pictured Rocks and the
Kingston Plains. The cabin is situated above the heated garage and
has one large bedroom with 4 beds, a living room with Satellite TV
and a wood-burning fireplace. Full kitchen with washer and dryer.
On the snowmobile and ATV trails.
Cabin on Nevins
Lake, N10006 Nevins Lake Road,
Shingleton, MI 49884. Phone: 978-582-5589. Located in the Lake
Superior State Forest halfway between Munising and Grand Marais,
near the Kingston Plains. Three bedroom log cabin with a loft,
futons in the living areas, and a full and half bath. Great room
with cathedral ceiling, fully equipped kitchen, and wonderful view
of the lake. Sleeps up to 8. Easy access to snowmobile trails or
go riding in the Kingston Plains.
Munising & Wetmore,
Falls Motel, M-28 East,
Munising, MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-3536. 16 motel units with
wireless internet access. Cable TV and direct dial phones.
Recreation room with pizza oven. Easy trail access
Falls Cottages, E-9427 Highway M-28, Munising, MI
49862. Phone: 906-387-3536. Two housekeeping cottages located in
a wooded area 2 miles east of Munising by the Alger Falls
Motel. Cable TV and wireless internet
access. Cottages have 2 bedrooms, living area with sofa sleeper, and fully equipped kitchen. Coin laundry,
recreation room, and heated garage. Access to snowmobile and ATV
- Cherrywood Lodge Casual, Relaxed and Friendly. 80
modern spacious rooms, indoor pool, sauna and hot tub,
Cable TV, Wireless Internet Access. Deluxe rooms, suites
and rooms with connecting doors available. Guest Laundry.
Heated garage for snowmobile repairs. Snowmobile rental
at desk. Pets Welcome. Located 3 miles east of Munising
on Highway M-28. E 10160 Highway M-28 E,
Munising/Wetmore, MI. Phone: 906-387-4864
- New Listing: Eagle Nest Cottage is located on the northwest side of Munising within walking distance of many fun attractions in the area. The Eagle Nest has 2 bedrooms, a complete kitchen, and a comfortable living room with a sofa sleeper. Satellite TV with a DVD Player. Wi-Fi. There is a back deck with a charcoal grill, and a portable fire pit. There is a view of Lake Superior (Munising Bay) from the front of the house. Dog friendly. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trail. Eagle Nest, 1323 W. State Highway M-28, Munising, MI 49862. Phone: (906) 387-2685 or (906) 202-0919
Inn Express Lakeview, E8998 Highway M-28,
Munising, MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-4800 or 1-800-HOLIDAY. This new
motel is located on the shores of Lake Superior, only 2 miles west
of downtown Munising on M-28. The hotel has 62 rooms, 15 one &
two bedroom suites, 4 handicap rooms, and the areas largest indoor
pool with hot tub & sauna. Fitness center. Complementary
Continental Breakfast. Elevator. In-room high speed internet
access, cable TV, and coffee makers. Outstanding view of the
Pictured Rocks. Easy access to the snowmobile trail.
Log Cabin Retreat, 9 miles east of Munising on Highway
CALL:248-330-3594. Newly updated
4 bedroom log cabin plus sleeping loft sleeps up to 16. Large
living room with gas fireplace, cable TV, and Wi-Fi. Modern kitchen. Washer and Dryer.
Motel on the Bay, 1315 Bay Street, Munising, MI 49862.
Phone 906-387-4574. All rooms on Munising Bay with great view. 1,
2, & 3 Bedroom Units with microwaves and fridges. Expanded
Cable TV. Wireless Internet. Easy trail access.
- The Orchard House has 3-bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and all the comforts of home. Located on 5 acres of land with the trails at the end of the driveway, the Orchard House is perfect for your vacation. 2 flat screen TVs with DVD, HBO, & ESPN. Wireless Internet. Complete kitchen with a dishwasher. Washer and Dryer. Attached garage. Sleeps up to 10 guests. 1 mile east of Munising on M-28 and 1 block north. E9431 Orchard Street. Munising, MI 49862 Phone: 906-387-3771 or Cell: 906-202-1725.
Vacation Homes on Munising
Bay. Two fully furnished
three bedroom vacation homes within 150' of the water. Located by
Sunset Motel on the Bay in Munising. Both homes have central air
conditioning, cable TV, wireless internet, and a washer &
dryer. Easy trail access. 1315 Bay Street, Munising, MI 49862.
Phone: (906) 387-4574
Motel and Suites, 500 East M-28, Munising, Michigan
49862. Phone: 906-387-1600 or Toll free: 1-866-387-1600. Motel has
15 rooms and 3 suites, one suite will sleep up to 7 people. Rooms
and Suites have in-room coffee, tub/shower combinations, direct
dial phones, and Cable TV with HBO. Rollaways are available.
Located close to Lake Superior, within walking distance of
restaurants, shopping, and nightlife. Easy trail access. Pets are
Motel, 420 Prospect, Munising, Michigan. 906-387-2735.
18 clean rooms with at-door parking and a large lot for parking
trucks and trailers. We offer a combination of singles, doubles, 2
bedroom units and family units for up to 7 people. Easy trail
Grand Lodge on Munising Bay, Lake Superior. Phone:
906-387-1633. Two bedroom log home with loft, 2 bathrooms, gas
stove, cable TV, laundry, and attached sauna.
Spectacular view of Munising Bay and off to the right . . . Grand
Island. Sandy beach. Easy trail access.
Snowmobile & ATV
- BEAR TRAP INN near the Pictured Rocks in Munising serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Stop in for family dining and your favorite beverage. Hot homemade pasties made daily. Food, spirits, and fun! Located 8 miles east of Munising on M-58 at the Corner of H-58 and H-15. Phone: 906-452-6364.
- Brownstone Inn Restaurant is located on M-28, 2 miles west of the blinking light in AuTrain, MI across from Lake Superior. Family friendly dining with exceptional food and drinks. Serving lunch and dinner with lunch served all day. Variety of sandwiches, soups, salads, and appetizers. Dinner menu includes steaks, fresh Lake Superior Whitefish, spinach lasagna, plus many other items. Private dining room available. On snowmobile & ATV trail #417. E4635 Highway M-28 West, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone: 906-892-8332.
Restaurant and Lounge on Hovey Lake in the Hiawatha National Forest.
Rock Café & Bookstore in downtown Munising.
Café serves breakfast sandwiches, bagels, homemade soups,
sandwiches, quiche, pasties, and delicious fresh roasted coffee.
Hand dipped ice cream cones, sundaes, and ice cream sodas.
Bookstore features new books, several about the Upper Peninsula,
thousands of used books, and items created by local artists.
Wireless internet service. Stop by Saturday nights for music and
enjoy other events that take place during the week. A wonderful
spot to have a bite as you browse this interesting shop in one of
the oldest buildings in Munising. Phone: 906-387-3008. Located on
M-28 at 104 East Munising Ave., Munising, MI 49862
Island Snowmobile Rentals, Inc., Munising MI 49862.
(906) 387-4300. Ski Doo snowmobiles
Snowmobile Rentals. Rental
of new model Ski-Doo snowmobiles in Alger County, the Snowmobiling
Capital of the Midwest. Heavy lake effect snow. Snowmobile in
every direction. On the trail. E 10160 Highway M-28, Wetmore, MI
49895. Phone (906)-387-4300.
- Munising Motors offers Arctic Cat ATV rentals and a wide selection of Powersports with a parts and qualified service department. ATV Rentals of Arctic Cat ATVs and the fun Wildcat 2-person recreational vehicle. Call or visit us at Munising Motors, E-9051 East State Hwy M-28, Munising, MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-5060.
- Hiawatha Forest: White
Fawn Lodge and Cabins Snowmobile Rental, N1871 Federal Forest
Highway 13, Wetmore, MI, 49895. Phone: 906-573-2999
- Christmas: White Pine
Lodge Snowmobile Rental. E7889 W. M-28,
Christmas, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-1111
- Stony Creek Snowmobile and ATV Rentals in downtown Grand Marais, MI. Have fun on the Kingston Plains. Polaris Single person and 2 person machines. Office is located on the side of the Grand Marais Outfitters Building at N14277 Lake Street. Reservations: Phone: 616-510-5709. Parts and Repair: Phone 231-742-1573
GAS, SNOWMOBILE PARTS, PERMITS, MAPS, AND
Market & Gas Station in Grand Marais: On Main Street near the Harbor. Gas, Oil, and Parts. Groceries,
beer, wine, liquor. Licenses, trail permits. ice. Visitor
information. Instant Lottery. Video Rentals. Souvenirs and
sportswear. Snowmobile parts, oil, belts, and supplies. Trail
Maps. If you want local information, stop here. Phone: (906)
494-2581. Open daily. Snowmobile Trail
Hovey Lake. Gas available.
Resort and Midway General Store. Phone 906-573-2933. Gas
- White Pine Convenience Store and Gas
Station on Highway M-28 in Christmas, MI. Located
between the White Pine Lodge and the Kewadin Casino with easy
trail access for snowmobiles and ATVs. Open 24 hours
- White Fawn General Store on Forest Highway 13 in the Hiawatha National
to Upper Peninsula Snowmobiling and Lodging on the
Peninsula Traveler Home Page
2004 by Char Simons, webmaster.
All Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act of
1976, as amended, this web site may not be reproduced in whole or in
part in any manner. Unless authorized by the webmaster, reproduction
of any picture, web page or pages on this website,
www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on the internet is a
copyright infringement. All right, title and interest in and to the
material on these web pages, the web site, in whole or in part, and
in and to this url and the urls contained within, is the property of
the webmaster. All website design, text, graphics, selection and
arrangement thereof are the copyrighted works of char Simons. Web
site created on an Apple G-4