Located in the Magnificent
At the Western Entrance to the Pictured Rocks National
Lodging in Munising, Christmas, on the shores of Lake Superior,
Hiawatha National Forest, & the Lake Superior State
Map showing the location of
Munising in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
Motels and Hotels in
the town of Munising, Michigan
Motel, E9427 Highway M-28, Munising, MI 49862.
Phone: 906-387-3536. AAA Approved. 16 motel units with
wireless internet access. Air conditioning, cable TV and
direct dial phones. Recreation room with full cooking
facilities for guests. Access to snowmobile trails. Pets
Cherrywood Lodge. Casual,
Relaxed and Friendly - Join Us All Year Round. 80 modern
spacious rooms, indoor pool, sauna and hot tub, Cable TV,
Wireless Internet Access. Deluxe rooms, suites and rooms
with connecting doors available. Guest Laundry. Heated
garage for snowmobile repairs. Snowmobile rental at desk.
Pets Welcome. Located 3 miles east of Munising on Highway
M-28. E 10160 Highway M-28 E, Munising/Wetmore, MI. Phone:
Inn Express Lakeview, E8998 Highway M-28,
Munising, MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-4800 or 1-800-HOLIDAY.
Located on the shores of Lake Superior, 2 miles west of
downtown Munising on M-28, the Holiday Inn has 62 rooms, one
and two bedroom suites, handicap rooms, and the areas
largest indoor pool. Hot tub, sauna, and fitness center.
Complementary Continental Breakfast. Elevator. In-room high
speed internet. Outstanding view.. Easy access to the snowmobile trail.
Motel on the Bay
1315 Bay Street,
Munising, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-4574. AAA Approved. All
rooms overlook beautiful Munising Bay with awesome views and
sunsets. Lakefront Rooms with one, two, & three bedroom
with microwave and fridge. Wireless Internet. Expanded Cable
TV. Picnic tables, charcoal grills, small dock, beach, and
500 feet of Lake Superior shoreline.
Motel and Suites, 500 East M-28, Munising,
Michigan 49862. Phone: 906-387-1600 or Toll free:
1-866-387-1600. Motel has 15 rooms and 3 suites, one suite
will sleep up to 7 people. Rooms and Suites have in-room
coffee, direct dial phones, and Cable TV with HBO. Rollaways
available. Located close to Lake Superior, within walking
distance of restaurants, shopping, and nightlife. Pets are
Motel, 420 Prospect, Munising, Michigan.
906-387-2735 or Fax 906-387-2534. Relax in one of our 18
exceptionally clean rooms with at-door parking and a large
lot for parking trucks and trailers. Open year round, we
offer a combination of singles, doubles, 2 bedroom units and
family units for up to 7 people.
and Vacation Homes in Munising, MI
Falls Cottages, E-9427 Highway M-28,
Munising, MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-3536. Two housekeeping cottages located in
a wooded area 2 miles east of Munising by the Alger Falls
Motel. Cable TV and wireless internet
access. Cottages have 2 bedrooms, Living area with sofa sleeper, and fully equipped kitchen. Coin laundry,
recreation room, and heated garage. Access to snowmobile and ATV
New Listing: Eagle Nest Cottage is located on the northwest side of Munising within walking distance of many fun attractions in the area. The Eagle Nest has 2 bedrooms, a complete kitchen, and a comfortable living room with a sofa sleeper. Satellite TV with a DVD Player. Wi-Fi. There is a back deck with a charcoal grill, and a portable fire pit. There is a view of Lake Superior (Munising Bay) from the front of the house. Dog friendly. Easy access to ATV and snowmobile trail. Eagle Nest, 1323 W. State Highway M-28, Munising, MI 49862. Phone: (906) 387-2685 or (906) 202-0919
New Listing: Hillside House, Munising, MI. Newly renovated vacation home with three bedrooms, new knotty pine interior, and a kitchen with full size appliances located on the northwest side of Munising. Cable TV with VCR/DVD. Hillside House is within walking distance to Munising Bay and several local attractions. Large parking area for vehicles. Easy access to ATV Trails. Phone: 989-430-1548
The Orchard House has 3-bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and all the comforts of home. Located on 5 acres of land with the trails at the end of the driveway, the Orchard House is perfect for your vacation. 2 flat screen TVs with DVD, HBO, & ESPN. Wireless Internet. Complete kitchen with a dishwasher. Washer and Dryer. Attached garage. Sleeps up to 10 guests. 1 mile east of Munising on M-28 and 1 block north. E9431 Orchard Street. Munising, MI 49862 Phone: 906-387-3771 or Cell: 906-202-1725.
Cottage and Bayview Cottage by Munising
Bay. Two fully
furnished three bedroom vacation homes within 150' of the
water. Located by Sunset Motel on the Bay in Munising with
beach access and a small dock on the Bay. Both homes have
central air conditioning, cable TV, wireless internet, and a
washer & dryer. Snowmobile trail access. 1315 Bay
Street, Munising, MI 49862. Phone: (906)
Grand Lodge on Munising Bay, Lake Superior.
Phone: 906-387-1633. Two bedroom log home with loft, 2
bathrooms, stone fireplace with gas stove, cable TV,
laundry, and attached sauna. Full kitchen. Spectacular view
of Munising Bay and off to the right . . . Grand Island.
Sandy beach. Easy trail access.
Campgrounds in or near Munising, MI
Camper Rentals: Pop-Up Campers for rent at Uncle Ducky Outdoors located 3 miles west of Munising. Campers sleep 4-6 people and contain a queen or double bed and a dinette bed. They also have a cooking stove and refrigerator. Cooking and other camping gear available to rent. Enjoy camping at one of the several area campgrounds surrounded by the beauty of nature. E8073 West M-28, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-1695.
Lake Campground is located on Otter Lake in the
Hiawatha National Forest just southwest of Munising on
Buckhorn Road. 70 sites with electric service, modern
bathrooms with hot showers, and a guest laundry. Group sites
available. Sandy beach for wading. Row boats and paddle
boats. Nature Trail. Only minutes from Munising, the
Pictured Rocks, Grand Island, and numerous waterfalls. On
the ORV trails. Pets Welcome.
Otter Lake Campground, E7609 Otter Lake Road, Munising, MI 49862 Reservations: (906)
553-4921, Campground Office: (906) 387-4648
Jack Pine Lodge,Cabins, and Campground is located 25 minutes southeast of Munising in the Hiawatha National Forest. Campground offers 27 sites with electric and water hook-ups, new shower house, and designated horse sites. Six 1-3 bedroom cabins. Wi-Fi. On the ORV and Snowmobile trail. Gas available. Restaurant and Lounge open daily at noon. Jack Pine Lodge, 5350N State HWY M-94
, Manistique, MI 49854. Phone: (906) 573-2414
New Listing: Paddlers Village, located on the shores of Lake Superior 3 miles west of Munising, offers rentals of 16' & 20' ’Yurts, Camping Cabins, Pop Up Campers, and Platform Tents with electric lighting, Wi-Fi, and small refrigerators. The ideal spot for kayakers, canoeists, paddle boarders, hikers, and outdoor lovers. Showers, restrooms, grills, picnic tables, and fire rings. 1/3 mile of sandy beach is adjacent to the Village for all to enjoy. Kayak and Canoe rentals. Reservations required. Paddlers Village. N7793 Scrooges Alley, Christmas, MI. Phone: 906-387-1695 or 906-228-5447
Campground. This 440 acre wooded and landscaped
park offers you the finest surroundings for a fun filled
family vacation. Heated Outdoor Pool. Cable TV. Only 5 miles
from Lake Superior, Pictured Rocks, Miners Castle, Grand
Island, Valley Spur Trails, waterfalls, and various lakeside
activities. Great facilities. Pets Welcome. Located 3 miles
east of Munising on Highway M-28 East, Munising MI 49862.
Phone 1-906-387-3315 or 1-906-387-1580.
Lodging in the
Hiawatha National Forest and the Lake Superior State
Motels, Lodges, and Resorts
Christmas Michigan, 3 miles west of Munising on Highway
near Munising, Christmas, and AuTrain, and Grand Marais,
- Christmas Motel in Christmas, Michigan offers 8 newly redecorated rooms and suites on 6 acres of wooded land next to the Hiawatha National Forest. Guest rooms have queen or double beds, Cable TV, and coffee in each room. Secluded grassy area behind motel with a grill, picnic table, horseshoes, and a fire pit. Near restaurants, gift shops, gas, a convenience store, and the casino. Pets Welcome. Easy access to the ATV and snowmobile trails. Christmas Motel, E7621 W M-28, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: (906) 387-7100
Christmas, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-1633.
This cozy two bedroom cottage is located just south of M-28
in the village of Christmas. Complete kitchen, gas
fireplace, cable TV, and air conditioning. The sunroom can
be used as an additional sleeping area. Within 5 miles of
the Pictured Rocks and Grand Island and near Lake Superior
beaches. On the snowmobile trail. Pet
E8070 Highway M-28,
Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-1617.
Three bedroom rental home on Lake Superior. Sleeps up to 8.
1 1/2 baths. Cable TV, washer, and dryer. Complete kitchen.
150' Lake Superior Beach with pier. Also for rent, a
2-bedroom ground-level apartment, sleeps up to 6 with Lake
Superior access. Sofa sleeper. Cable TV. Complete kitchen.
Pet Friendly. Easy ATV and snowmobile trail access.
- North Point Cottage in Christmas, MI. Three-bedroom cottage on the shores of Lake Superior. Wood-burning fireplace, Satellite TV. Enjoy the wonderful view from the large deck furnished with lawn furniture and a picnic table. Only 3 miles from Munising and the Pictured Rocks, Grand Island, boat cruises, and numerous waterfalls. On the ATV/snowmobile trails. Pets welcome. 8770 Reindeer Run, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-1617
- Sunrise Bay Vacation Estate is located on 10 acres of land on the shores of Lake Superior near Munising and the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. The Estate has four individual dwellings: a main lodge, two guest cottages, and a carriage house that has two lodging options. Sunrise Bay will accommodate up to 30 guests. . . perfect for your family reunion, wedding, corporate meeting, or large group gathering. All are comfortably furnished, have modern kitchens, and four have a fireplace. Sunrise Bay Estate is rented weekly as one property. Sunrise Bay Estate, N8284 Reindeer Run, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: 949-291-5106
E7889 W. M-28, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-1111.
Motel guest rooms include double rooms with queen-sized
beds, king suites with mini-fridge and microwave, and single
rooms. All guest rooms have AC, Cable TV, and Wireless
Internet Access. 2 Handicap units. Elevator. Oversize
Jacuzzi tub. Deluxe complementary Continental Breakfast with
waffles. Convenience Store & Gas Station open 24 hours
daily. Next to Kewadin Casino and Snowmobile & ATV Trail
Head. Pets Welcome. (Formerly the Pair-a-Dice Inn).
Snowmobile & ATV Rentals.
- New Listing: Winter Dreamland is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom vacation home in Christmas, Michigan. Large living room and family room by the kitchen. 2 Cable TVs. Wi-Fi. ATV and snowmobile trails across the street. 3 miles from Munising and the Pictured Rocks, Boat Cruises, and Grand Island and 7 miles to the sandy Lake Superior Beach in AuTrain. Winter Dreamland, E7918 State Hwy M-28, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone: 906-202-0410 or 906-251-8489.
- Yule Log
Resort, Highway M-28 3 miles west of Munising, in
Christmas, MI. 906-387-3184. 8 Housekeeping cabins on the
shores of Lake Superior. View of Grand Island. Sandy beaches
for swimming. Open May 1 through October.
- Red Barn
Antiques, Rocks, Minerals, Fossils, & Specimens, PO Box 99, N7017 AuTrain Lake Road,
AuTrain, MI 49806. (906) 892-8455. Depression Glass,
China, Books, Magazines, Items from the 40's, 50's and
60's, Lamps, Pottery, Pictures, Munising Ware and much
- ATV Rentals, Equipment Rentals, & Tourss
- Canoe and Kayak Rentals for the Munising Area. Single and Tandem Kayak rentals available at 1311 W. M-28 in Munising. Phone 906-387-1695 or contact Uncle Ducky Outdoors at 906-228-5447. Rentals available Memorial Day weekend through September.
- ATV Rentals at White Pine Lodge in Christmas.
- New Listing: Munising Motors offers Arctic Cat ATV rentals and a wide selection of Powersports products including new Arctic Cat ATVs, snowmobiles, trailers, apparel, and accessories for your outdoor adventures. We carry pre-owned automobiles and recreational vehicles with a parts and qualified service department. ATV Rentals of Arctic Cat ATVs and the fun Wildcat 2-person recreational vehicle. Call or visit us at Munising Motors, E-9051 East State Hwy M-28, Munising, MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-5060.
- Pictured Rocks Guided Sea Kayak Tours, Munising, Michigan. Enjoy the stunning beauty of the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore from the water. We offer a variety of guided sea kayak tours for all ages and experience levels. All kayaking gear included. Uncle Ducky Paddling Michigan Shop, 1331 West M-28, Munising MI 49855. Phone: 906-387-1695
Pictured Rocks, P.O. Box 355, Munising,
Michigan 49862, Phone 906/387-2379. Take a 2 1/2-3 hour
cruise along Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. Special
Sunset Cruise. Discover the wonders of the Pictured Rocks
from your cruise boat on Lake Superior. Cruises from
Memorial Day to Oct. 10. Cruises leave from Munising City
Tour on Munising
Bay where you can see Lake Superior Shipwrecks in the
Alger Underwater Preserve from a Glass-Bottomed Boat.
Scuba dive the shipwrecks. Captain Peter Lindquist, 1204
Commercial St., Munising, MI 49862.
in the Alger
Underwater Preserve with Shipwreck Dive Tours, 1204
Commercial St., Munising, MI 49862. (906)387-4477. Lake
Superior Shipwreck Diving for beginning, intermediate and
Dive shop, air
service and rental scuba equipment.
- Dogsled Trips:
Dogsled Rides at Bucklodge & Triple Creek Kennels, E5372 Highway M-94, Munising, MI. Phone: 906-439-5242. Two hour, 1 day, and 2 day guided sled dog trips tailored to groups from 2 to 6 people. We also offer packages that include a dogsled trip, lodging and meals. The ultimate wilderness experience.
Charter Fishing on Lake Superior at Shelter Bay,
MI. E3216 Highway M-28, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone:
906-892-8277 or toll free: 1-800-419-2242. Located on the
shores of Lake Superior, Kimar's Charters offers
trolling, casting, and jigging trips on Lake Superior to
the Shelter Bay Flats, the Big Reef, and Stannard Rock.
Kimar's Shelter Bay Resort features 2, 3, and 4 bedroom
housekeeping cottages and a 3-bedroom mobile home. 300'
sandy beach, picnic tables, grills, and fire pit for your
campfires. Lots of room for your trailers. Boat
- Lake Superior Sport Fishing Charter Fishing on Lake Superior with Licensed Captain Reid DeRosie. Fish for a variety of fish or a trophy Lake Trout at Standard Rock. We offer charter fishing from Munising a few times during the summer. Quality fishing gear provided. Fish the inland lakes early spring and fall. Sightseeing Trips and Sunset Cruises from Marquette Lower Harbor. Lake Superior Sport Fishing, Marquette, MI. Phone 906-360-1090
- Food, Entertainment, and
- Brownstone Inn Restaurant is located on M-28, 2 miles west of the blinking light in AuTrain, MI across from Lake Superior. Family friendly dining with exceptional food and drinks. Serving lunch and dinner with lunch served all day. Variety of sandwiches, soups, salads, and appetizers. Dinner menu includes steaks, fresh Lake Superior Whitefish, spinach lasagna, plus many other items. Private dining room available. Just off On snowmobile & ATV trail #417. E4635 Highway M-28 West, AuTrain, MI 49806. Phone: 906-892-8332.
Rock Cafe & Bookstore in downtown
Munising. Café serves breakfast sandwiches, bagels,
homemade soups, sandwiches, quiche, pasties, and delicious
fresh roasted coffee. Hand dipped ice cream cones, sundaes,
and ice cream sodas. Bookstore features new books, several
about the Upper Peninsula, thousands of used books, and
items created by local artists. Wireless internet service.
Stop by Saturday nights for music and enjoy other events
that take place during the week. A wonderful spot to have a
bite as you browse this interesting shop in one of the
oldest buildings in Munising. Phone: 906-387-3008. Located
on M-28 at 104 East Munising Ave., Munising, MI
Jack Pine Lodge, Bar and Grill in the Hiawatha National Forest, 25 miles southeast of Munising. Open daily at noon. Jack Pine Lodge, 5350N State HWY M-94, Phone: (906) 573-2414
Gift Shops and Gifts:
Workshop Gift Shop
is located on the corner of Highway M-28 and St. Nicholas
Avenue, 3 miles west of Munising in Christmas, Michigan.
Look for the Large Santa by the gift shop. Beautiful
Christmas items for your home, tree, and yard. Collectibles
include Bing & Grondall, Royal Copenhagen, Christopher
Radko, Pipka, Jim Shore, Bently Crystal Snowflakes, Serenity
Angels, Snow Buddies, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer,
Rock-a-Buddies, Banky, nutcrackers, stuffed animals,
snowmen, a wide variety of unusual ornaments plus much more.
Visit with Santa on Saturday and Sunday during December.
Have your Christmas cards postmarked from Christmas,
Michigan or send your child a letter from Santa. Phone:
Guided Hunts for deer and bear for all hunting seasons from the Buck Sporting Lodge and Triple Creek Kennels, E-5372 Highway M-94, Munising, MI 49862. Phone: 906-493-5242. Centrally located southeast of Munising and south of AuTrain in the heart of the Hiawatha National Forest.
Land and Lakes Real Estate Serving the North Central Upper Peninsula of Michigan including the towns of Munising, Grand Marais, AuTrain and the shores of Lake Superior in Alger County. Contact one of our friendly agents for information about residential, waterfront, recreational, vacant land, and business opportunities in the area. Land and Lakes Real Estate Company, 230 Munising Avenue, Munising, MI 49862. Phone: 906-387 5100.
Northern Michigan Land Brokers offers property in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Our office is located in Marquette but we feature a wide variety of waterfront, recreational, preservation, hunting tracks, and commercial properties, as well as cabins, cottages, and residential homes throughout the Upper Peninsula. We are a buyer-seller agency. Contact one of our knowledgeable agents to find that property you have always desired. Northern Michigan Land Brokers, 2552 US 41 West, Suite 100, Marquette, MI 49855. Phone: 906-225-5263.
Pictured Rocks Weddings can arrange your wedding or renewal of vows to he held at a number of stunning area spots such as Munising Falls, Miner's Castle, or Sand Point Beach any time of the year. We will help you find services such as flowers and catering and provide an ordained minister to conduct the service. Pictured Rocks Weddings, 420 Prospect Street, Munising, MI 49862. Phone: 906.387.2735
Inc., Munising MI 49862. Phone: 906-387-2772. Ski Doo
of new model Ski-Doo snowmobiles in Alger County, the
Snowmobiling Capital of the Midwest. Heavy lake effect
snow. Snowmobile in every direction. On the trail. E
10160 Highway M-28, Wetmore, MI 49895. Phone
- Snowmobile Rentals at the White Fawn Lodge and Forest Glen General Store in the Hiawatha National Forest south of Munising,
- White Pine Lodge Arctic Cat Snowmobile Rentals, Christmas, MI. Ride on the hundreds of trails in Alger County. Gas and casino next door. E7889 W. M-28, Christmas, MI 49862. Phone 906-387-1111.
Waterfalls in Alger
County: The area around Munising in Alger County
has delightful waterfalls for visitors to enjoy. Two
waterfalls can be viewed from your car, others are a short
stroll through the woods on an easy path, while a few
require a serious hike into the woods.
Pick up your map at the Visitor
Center at the blinking light in Munising.
ATTRACTONS AND RECREATION
Find a complete
listing on the Area Attractions
Canoe Rentals, Charter Fishing, Cruises,
Dogsledding, Hunting, Scuba Diving,
Snowmobile & ATV Rentals, Swimming Beaches, Tours, plus much
Au Train, Michigan
AuTrain MI is only 10 miles west of Munising
on Highway M-28. Information
on lodging, canoe rentals, antique shops, and other
businesses. Cabins, cottages, and campgrounds on
or by AuTrain Lake. Cabins and cottages on the AuTrain
River. Vacation homes on Lake Superior. Canoe rentals and
livery for a paddle down the AuTrain River.
Christmas is 3 miles west of Munising on Highway M-28.
Exploring Munising Michigan
Peninsula Towns and Cities Page
Back to the Upper
Exploring the North Home
Photo: Scott Falls by Mary Deloria
Copyright 1998 by Vivian Wood, webmaster.
All Rights Reserved. Except as permitted under the Copyright
Act of 1976, as amended, this web site may not be reproduced
in whole or in part in any manner. Unless authorized by the
webmaster, reproduction of any picture, web page or pages on
this website, www.exploringthenorth.com, for placement on
the internet is a copyright infringement. All right, title
and interest in and to the material on these web pages, the
web site, in whole or in part, and in and to this url and
the urls contained within, is the property of the webmaster.
All website design, text, graphics, selection and
arrangement thereof are the copyrighted works of Vivian
Wood. Web site created on an Apple G-4.
Munising lodging cabins cottages, motels,
hotels, b&b's and vacation homes. Lodging for the
Pictured Rocks, Lodging in the Hiawatha National Forest.
Pictured Rocks Lakeshsore travel and vacation